Sign in to follow this  
farran

Is DayZ what you expected?

I just have one question, Is Dayz what you expected after you've played a few days or more?

I've been playing for more than 2 weeks now and I can certainly see big differences and changes in Dayz on player side basis.

A lot more players, and in the beginning was the chat full of "are you friendly?" Now you only see "Your **** you killed me for no reason." "Backstabbers", etc etc.

Players are unpleasant and not helpful at all. Greed dominates over all servers. pvp has become a more CS / COD style of play. Dayz is NOT on the right track here in my opinion.

Just because we Have Bandits who kills you right away, even survivors started to do this everywhere. You can not trust a single person. They say they are friendly but shoot you directly anyway. This lets you react negatively and will shoot anything that moves in the future. The game

seems to turn around and be a non pleasant stay for many

of us who seek the thrill of adventure and the mystic the DayZ mod has.

Group work, survival, excitement and adventure is not in focus any more. Just kill on sight, and that will turn

you to not trust anyone.

if this continues in this manner without any interfering from DeVs or whatever, there will be a mutual admiration society of who kills most survivors, even before the beta is released.

We have a CS mod with annoying Zobies around as extra element and pvp has 100% focus

This was a VERY nice (2 weeks ago) mod with extreme excitement and adventure. but has now become more FPS game Than Arma 2 war simulator itself ever will be.

Just my opinion

Signed

/ / Farran

As has been said, players won't work with strangers as long as (a) the risk of double-cross is too high, and (b) there is no benefit to doing so (over a pre-made ventrilo group).

I *definitely* think if rocket could tweak the game, we could see if players could create a "wild west" style city, policed by some "clan" in the interest of trade. I know I for one would be willing to visit to trade ammo.

It's not quite clear what we'd need to make that happen.

While guards could confiscate & catalog your weapons for the duration of your stay, I don't know how many people would be willing to sign up for that sort of arrangement. In the event of any chaos erupting I would want to be able to get out of dodge without leaving my gear behind. Some form of holstering weapons then, would help -- so guards can simply scan the area and make sure no one has a weapon OUT (and if anyone tries anything -- you take him out).

Another issue would be stealing. Anyone could just peek into my pack and take what they want. It is impossible to create any kind of city with this sort of implementation. There should definitely be some sort of lock/unlock mechanism for your bag (disabled once you die -- say your killer just cuts the bag open at that point, or whatever).

This *might* be enough to make it possible, and it'd be a really cool endeavor to see. But I'm sure it's IMPOSSIBLE as things stand now. Realism has nothing to do with it, the game is simply too crude and UN-realistic for it to happen.

I enjoyed it a lot more to begin with. Bandits were skillful, heading into Cherno and Elektro wasn't a death sentence. There were survivors who would gladly team up and travel about in groups.

You still get all this but now it is a lot more likely you'll be shot in the back by a survivor or killed by a "bandit" on the coast as soon as you spawn.

I am still enjoying the game and i know this is what the game is meant to be about but if this is what the game stays like, i can't see many people sticking to it long term.

It is alpha and i'm sure Rocket has some much bigger plans long term anyway.

You're either terribly unlucky, or not making any effort, which I doubt to be true...but I read so many posts from people complaining, and I can't help but feel that many of them are not making any concerted effort and merely bitching because stuff isn't being handed to them. So, let me apologize in advance if this isn't the case. In the past week I've made four reliable friends, and i'm sure there are plenty of others out there who can say the same. Try connecting with people on steam? There's some coop group on steam that's looking for like minded people. I'd join, but I get wild urges to go on murdering sprees from time to time and I don't think that's something they're very thrilled with there.

There will always be players who pk, and players who coop. It is the zombie apocalypse though....and it's even better than what I expected it to be.

Best of luck, and hope your experience changes shortly.

I've finally seen the light.

After almost 4 weeks of playing DayZ I finally killed my 1st survivor. I was murdered (once again) when trying to interact with another player and started near Elektrozavodsk. As usual I made a quick trip into the city at night for a grab of supplies before heading North. Lots of dead bodies everywhere. Got some decent equipment when I finally spotted another survivor outside the pub. I didn't really need any of his stuff and was just about to leave the city anyway, but then the thought occurred to me: why not? There were no Zombies around, he wasn't aware of me and seemed alone. So I lined him up in the crosshairs of my AKM and put a couple of rounds into his head.

Picked a few things off his body but nothing I couldn't have found in the supermarket just across the street. Still, why not? It's so easy to pull the trigger, you'd be stupid not to KoS.

Kill on sight, or avoid being seen. Trust only those who you communicate with in voice, be it the wonky direct or a third party program. Advertise your TS when you come on a server looking for buddies if you feel you need to. I've met plenty of friendlies in this way, not including the dudes I already play with regularly.

In general, yeah, it's what I expected, and it's great. I love this unpolished, unfinished game-mod more than most other games I own.

I'm still loving it.

I pretty much lone wolf it and stay inland or in the north.

I really like the exploration element and very rarely come across other players. Sure I've been ambushed by bandits, but only twice and it didn't bother me at all. In fact, it was an education, as I was out in the open like a sitting duck when it happened.

My favourite moments are when I'm on the edge of my seat trying to sneak into buildings for loot and not alert the horde of zombies. Honestly my hearts racing sometimes hehe

Playwise it is what I expected.

I also liked it more at the beginning, when the focus were still mainly zombies and not PvP as much. I play Red Orchestra 2 when I want to shoot players in the head, and being that it's nazis at the end of my barrel I get a kick out of it too.

Now the whole feeling is just general douchery, immature and hostile comments, trolling, namecalling, etc. Nothing terribly pleasant.

If it wasn't for Dr. Wasteland and his fun crew I run with, or at least talk on Mumble with when I (usually) can't get into servers, I'd have already quit the current state of the game.

Still waiting for a more polished product and more dedicated roleplay servers on hardcore difficulty, with some sort of a filter for more mature players (even if they're bandits) to keep the douches out.

To put it simply ... no. Its going way behind that and its more than i ever hoped to get :D In just a few weeks i played more than 60 hours which is more than i ever expected and i´m really looking forward to all these countless hours that will follow.

Its really interesting to see people creeping around electro, cherno or the NW airstrip and complain that they get shot all the time. What do they expect ? These are warzones, the whole f***ing country is one. So, if you are carefull, get a good group together, its really rewarding and intense, much more than any other cooperation based game i experience before.

To think about that this "little" mod is just in alpha and developed so far in less than 6 month from one guy is mind boggling :D

I just cant wait for the day when rocket kills all chat channels and we just have direct chat ... no whinning, no complaining, no connecting message spam.

I love this mod.