The problem here is that this means less people will play the game' date=' and 'Rocket' will lose his audiance. He can't run a game on the small number of players who have followed since the beginning.

[/quote']

Maybe Day Z deserves another chance in the future' date=' But not now while the children continue to destroy this game.

[/quote']

The above quotations are the mere tip of the iceberg in regards to people crying wolf. It really needs to stop, not only because it is a terrible argument but because the claim is patently false.

It is as if you believe that everyone came here on false pretenses; that people did not come due to the mechanics which existed since the beginning. Dayz has always been brutal, that is known, before you even loaded the game you knew this if you bothered to look into it.

Stop making bad arguments. Stop claiming that the sky is falling and that the apocalypse is about to begin.

The game is continuing to grow as we speak... It has already been a phenomenal success standing alone today.

The game will most likely get harder, and people will love it more.And no, you do not have to play it. It isn't for everyone, much like anything in this world.

Thanks for reading~

(Today 03:09 AM)Grishnakah Wrote: The problem here is that this means less people will play the game, and 'Rocket' will lose his audiance. He can't run a game on the small number of players who have followed since the beginning.

(Today 02:36 AM)dirtystinkinninja Wrote: Maybe Day Z deserves another chance in the future, But not now while the children continue to destroy this game.

Ahhh…The Ol “I told you so.”

The mere fact that peeps went to the extent to post this, in fact proves them to be wrong.

It's the same argument that's used with MMO's that lean even slightly toward hardcore gameplay...

The developers must capitulate to the casuals, or the game will die. Hardcore players are in the minority and if you cater to them, you'll never make enough revenue to stay afloat/have enough players to fill servers.

On the contrary, however, developers giving into such fear mongering and watering things down is what leads to a dead game, not the opposite. At least that's what I've witnessed with MMO's.

It's the same argument that's used with MMO's that lean even slightly toward hardcore gameplay...

The developers must capitulate to the casuals' date=' or the game will die. Hardcore players are in the minority and if you cater to them, you'll never make enough revenue to stay afloat/have enough players to fill servers.

On the contrary, however, developers giving into such fear mongering and watering things down is what leads to a dead game, not the opposite. At least that's what I've witnessed with MMO's.

[/quote']

Look at Battlefield 3 you ignorant fuck. Don't say some smart sounding shit without having evidence to back it up.

I cant help think that rocket played eve online aswell, seeing dayz does seem to have some things that resemble the gameplay.

Now don't get me wrong both games are quite different but they are both unforgiving. Not to mention the day i got here the first thing i see are guys from goons and pandemic legion.....

Anyway its up to rocket where he wants to go with the mod. As of right now the mod is free and can do with it whatever he wants. Its up to him how large the playerbase is going to be. There will always be the hardcore gamers and the casuals but i think the definition of a hardcore gamer is different for everybody but thats a discussion topic for another time.

However if rocket wants to get a massive amount of players to the mod then yeah he will need to take into account the casual gamers since they do seem to be the majority allthough some might claim they are not, but the moment they get faced with a challenge they log off or come to the forums to complain about it.

However ccp has proven that there is quite a big group of gamers out there that don't mind playing a game which is unforgivable. And if rocket is aiming for that group of gamers..... I think quite a few gamers will need to rethink a few things.

Greetz Solid

Look at Battlefield 3 you ignorant fuck. Don't say some smart sounding shit without having evidence to back it up.

To paraphrase you

Battlefield 3 isn't an MMO you ignorant fuck. Don't say some smart sounding shit without having evidence to back it up.

MMO's that get casualised DO start to die. Some survive on sheer numbers (*Cough* WoW *Cough*) most however die.

However DayZ does need to avoid being too niche, which is easily done seeing as it costs diddly squat (zero).

Examples of MMOs being too niche are WurmOnline and so forth.

EVE isn't brutal or demanding, its just a massive grind farm.

In short; I agree with the OP. Constructive complaints are fine. Whinging "This is going to kill Dayz" or "Noobs want to casualise" doesn't fix anything though.

If ends up with Studio backers, More then likley Bohima then there will be pressure (valid) to work on a deeper mechanic. Bohima arn't exactly a studio that caters to the casual gamer, but if they have share holders then the smell of potential money may be too much.

The problem here is that this means less people will play the game' date=' and 'Rocket' will lose his audiance. He can't run a game on the small number of players who have followed since the beginning.

[/quote']

Maybe Day Z deserves another chance in the future' date=' But not now while the children continue to destroy this game.

[/quote']

The above quotations are the mere tip of the iceberg in regards to people crying wolf. It really needs to stop, not only because it is a terrible argument but because the claim is patently false.

It is as if you believe that everyone came here on false pretenses; that people did not come due to the mechanics which existed since the beginning. Dayz has always been brutal, that is known, before you even loaded the game you knew this if you bothered to look into it.

Stop making bad arguments. Stop claiming that the sky is falling and that the apocalypse is about to begin.

The game is continuing to grow as we speak... It has already been a phenomenal success standing alone today.

The game will most likely get harder, and people will love it more.And no, you do not have to play it. It isn't for everyone, much like anything in this world.

Thanks for reading~

Totally agree with you, those ppl posting those 2012/Maya/Nostradamus/etc threads/posts are the WoW/CoD crowd that come here and and dont even realize they have to play differently. Talk about insanity.

Insanity as defined by Einstein : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Those ppl just ....

cantdealwithit.gif

You guys got to remember that right now, it is a sodding mod. rocket couldn't give a damn how large/hardcore/casual the player base is. He's not getting a penny from us. Well, maybe from ads but not from us directly. Best could happen is he could land a job because of this.

So he is just doing what he wants and what he sees fit.

Now if he goes ahead with making a standalone game... it would be a different story.

If ends up with Studio backers' date=' More then likley Bohima then there will be pressure (valid) to work on a deeper mechanic. Bohima arn't exactly a studio that caters to the casual gamer, but if they have share holders then the smell of potential money may be too much.

[/quote']

I wonder if ARMA3 development is taking into consideration the existence of dayz...

The developers must capitulate to the casuals' date=' or the game will die. Hardcore players are in the minority and if you cater to them, you'll never make enough revenue to stay afloat/have enough players to fill servers.

[/quote']

Depends on the game, eve seems to be doing just fine with its harsh universe. Its not as big as some mmo's but after 9 years its still standing strong.

Right now the mod is free and without knowing his future plans for it its hard to say if killing of the casual group now will come to hunt him later down the road.

However although the "casual" group is the majority they are also the one's that are the hardest to please. Because there are so many so many have a different idea of how the game should be like its impossible to get the game right.

Right now dayz is for a certain group of gamers i don't think rocket intends to make it something main stream although judging by the amount of popularity it has been getting in the past few weeks its clear he has done something alot of players have been waiting for. So who knows where he is gonna take the mod/game, if he decides to make a stand alone game out of it i think it could score pretty high although (no offense to rocket) i highly doubt he could pull something like that off alone.

Greetz Solid

I still can't get my head around the notion that anyone not happy about turning a survival adventure into a deathmatch game is either a noob, a casual or a carebear.

I think PvP is awesome and the very heart of the game. I don't care about dying. But the lack of any incentive not to kill any player as soon as spotted severely hurts the gameplay which could be a lot deeper than KoS anyone not in your TS group.

if he decides to make a stand alone game out of it i think it could score pretty high although (no offense to rocket) i highly doubt he could pull something like that off alone.

Greetz Solid

I dont see why that is impossible or even unlikely' date=' hes already been hired by Bohemia. all they need to do is make a deal, to publish DayZ as an Expansion for Arma 3 or as a standalone game.

Bohemia has every incentive to keep DayZ tied to the arma engine, they dont even need to ask for royalties just ride the popularity of DayZ would be enough (if its an expansion).

Hell Arma Co is still on the steam top sellers list, only being beat by one game and only because that game is at -80% sale.

Jesus Arma CO a 2 year old game beating brand new games for 4 weeks in a row now and its not even on a sale. amazon had Arma Co at $14.99 and ran out of keys.

I have been using steam since '08 and have NEVER seen anything like this happen before.

P.S. This MOD has more [i']active users than Bioware's TORtanic ...errr... The Old Republic i mean

To paraphrase you

Battlefield 3 isn't an MMO you ignorant fuck. Don't say some smart sounding shit without having evidence to back it up.

MMO's that get casualised DO start to die. Some survive on sheer numbers (*Cough* WoW *Cough*) most however die.

However DayZ does need to avoid being too niche' date=' which is easily done seeing as it costs diddly squat (zero).

Examples of MMOs being too niche are WurmOnline and so forth.

EVE isn't brutal or demanding, its just a massive grind farm.

In short; I agree with the OP. Constructive complaints are fine. Whinging "This is going to kill Dayz" or "Noobs want to casualise" doesn't fix anything though.

[/quote']

Capitulate: Cease to resist an opponent or an unwelcome demand; surrender.

DICE did that to welcome in the COD sector of people. IF Rocket is to do that he will also lose people as BF3 went from 80,000 players on PC to 20,000 in 6 months.

Of course, Rocket doesn't NEED a big fanbase because he's doing this all as part of a mod.

for free

in his spare time.

So he can cater to the minority that wants his dream, not the casual crowd that wants another Fallen Earth.

I think you may forget that rocket made this despite everyone telling him it wouldn't work and that regardless of all the bitching and moaning that goes on I'm sure he has a pretty good idea of what he may or may not want for his game. He's also observing how things evolve and listening to commentary from the community as well as actively participating in those discussions so I feel like we're in good hands.

-Cyd