Sign in to follow this  
resident emil

Daytime (at night) on all tried european servers

Hi,

Tried to search the forum prior to posting this. Me and a friend logged in to play yesterday night (GMT+1). Every server we tried (SE, FI, UK, FI, CZ - at least 10-12) were having daytime. Usually you need to search around a while to find a inverse timezone server in the EU, but yesterday EVERY SINGLE ONE of the servers we tested were inverse time.

We tried so many that we started to expect that it is some kind of bug. Or did every EU server admin all of a sudden decide to switch to inverse time?

In the end, we couldn't find a nighttime server and went playing some arma instead.

Br,

RE

SE9 and SE10 runs at GMT -1, so it gets dark around 21:00 CET instead of 19:00.

I believe there was a bug yesterday which prevented the time from progressing as it should. I have never changed the time of my servers after setting them up, and it went dark around 23-something yesterday on one of my servers that goes dark at 19.30 usually, everyone had a few hours difference on the server (and it had been restarted a few hours before it should have gone dark).

Lots of bugs with the new mission files/hive/1.6.0.1 - it would be better if we worked on these issues together in the dayz techforum for server admins - but dayz staff doesn't seem to think so?

/G

Thanks for the info regarding a possible bug. It sounds like that might be the problem.

Tansien; we tried both SE9 and SE10 at 22.00 Swedish time (GMT+1, i.e. 21.00 GMT) and both were daytime (not dusk or dawn but shining sun.

There is still a bug where some users can connect to a server that is night, but they see day.