Sir Oas

Food should be fun..

I think finding food should be more of a challenge and more fun, it does'nt add very much to the game the way it works today. My suggestion is to make wild animals we can hunt. Also i think we die to fast of starvation and dehydration, it takes more than an hour to starve to death irl:) Food should be more difficult to get, and when you eat, it should take longer time before you have to eat again.

Also i think blood should regain over time, and not by eating..

Hunting is already an established part of the game, and is the main source of food once you get out of the major cities. You need a hunting knife to gut the animal, hatchet to chop wood for a fireplace and matches to light it. Cooked meat restores 800(ish) blood. Soooo... yeah.

I know, but it's not really hunting, it's only tame animals standing ready to be butchered. It should be wild animals and you should have to work for your meal.

• Like 1

There's already wild animals you can hunt o_O, most of my food is cooked meat from killing cows, goats and boars. The only challenge is sometimes finding them when it just isn't your day.

And yes, it should take longer to starve/dehydrate. Not sure about the blood regen, if it was added to replicate how our body does it, then it would need to be very slow, like 100 blood every hour or two. I think getting blood from food ties into this though, the idea that when you eat your body has resources to produce more blood, in real life water helps with that, after donating blood they insist you drink before leaving.

I like how it is now, 200 blood from normal food which isn't much, but 800 from cooked meat, which is more of a challenge to obtain rather than just finding it, and it lets lone survivors be lone survivors. I have regained thousands of blood from meat, in my last life which was quite long I must have regained a good 15,000 - 20,000 blood overall just from eating meat since I don't play with others, and as a result I don't use blood bags.

Also, if the only way to gain blood was by a slow regen or having someone to give you a blood transfusion, and you're a lone survivor, it could force you not to play for days if you have low blood, because it's too dangerous. It would alienate people who aren't in groups. I'm thankful DayZ has cooked meat to prevent the complete alienation of lone survivors. It was a good decision.

Edited by FreaK367

Like Dan said, it's already in the game. Your character becomes hungrier and more dehydrated the more he runs around. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

This is why I liked 1.7.1.3-1.7.1.4 Alpha updates. Food was bugged and rarer than Mtn. Dew. Bandages were also near impossible to find. Rocket fixed this fairly quickly, but I never had so much fun and fear of starving and dying. I got to the point my clan and I were so desperate we started killing zombies for food they had on them. Forcing us to interact with the Zombies and hunt other players.

I agree food should be much more taxing/difficult to find.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin
  • Like 2

If the animals are wild, please tell me why I can walk up to any animal and kill it with an axe? They are just standing there. That's not hunting it's butchering and that is not the same thing!

• Like 1

If the animals are wild, please tell me why I can walk up to any animal and kill it with an axe? They are just standing there. That's not hunting it's butchering and that is not the same thing!

It's poor soul wasn't expecting it for you to brutally murder it. :(

• Like 1

Also, if the only way to gain blood was by a slow regen or having someone to give you a blood transfusion, and you're a lone survivor, it could force you not to play for days if you have low blood, because it's too dangerous. It would alienate people who aren't in groups. I'm thankful DayZ has cooked meat to prevent the complete alienation of lone survivors. It was a good decision.

I agree, but instead of regaining from food, they could make it possible to give blood transfusion to yourself.

uhh... most small game WILL run from you if you approach them (once spent 30 min chasing a rabbit with a axe, i think i made a few bandits day when i got shot at after finally catching it, got away though), but cows, goats and smilure animals are most likely those that got lose from their pins after the infection, and due to them being used to being around humans, they wont react to being approached, and often lack the speed to flee from a survivor that is attacking them (well... except for chickens, they never adapt and are lighting quick)

however, they could be worse, you could be handling aggressive animals (cows with horns charging at and ramming you, or a mt. goat pushing you off a cliff and making you fall to your death, ect.)

but... yah, there's my explanation to that question