Sign in to follow this  
wok

Respawning on the coast 8/10 times I login

I recently updated DayZ to 1.7.2.5 and Arma 2 to 95948 after a few weeks of not playing.

Now everytime I logout, and later login to continue playing, i respawn at the coast, will all the gear I had when I logged out. Just the location changes and it always seems to be the coast, most of the times on the same city i was when I logged out, but not always.

Also I think it may have to do with the fact that sometimes i alt+f4 while the game is stuck at the loading screen when trying to join a server, until i find one that works fine. Becuase the times I didn't got moved into a different location, I got into the first server I tried, without getting stuck at loading and alf+f4ing. It seems that everytime I close the game when it gets stuck at loading i spawn on the coast when I login.

Does anyone else is having this problem?

It's just a bug with 1.7.2.5, either deal with it or downgrade your DayZ back to 1.7.2.4, there are still plenty of servers for 1.2.7.4 :).

I'm having this problem too, I don't believe its caused by anything related to ALT-F4 , I think it may have to do with something that was added to the mod in 1.7.2.5 because I have just recently have started having this problem. It only occurs for me when i switch servers. I can play on 1 or 2 servers but if I switch around alot I'm spawned by the coast and its quite annoying.

Thanks for the response guys, I guess I will just stop playing again until the next release. If I downgrade I'll just keep playing and not working like im doing now :P

Its when you ALT-F4/Close a game which is on loading.

If you get stuck on loading, tab out and connect to another server, when you're on that server, close the old-stuck-at-loading game and you'll be fine.

• Like 1

I got stuck on loading various times both on .4 and .5 version. I didn't mind tho, I made my way back north and all and managed with it for a few days. On DAY4 of my character tho I was spawned near Electro and I was snipered like 2 mins after spawn XD

I believe its my interent connection's fault or something, since on some servers I just get stuck on "loading" for ages (a hour and something some times) so I just go to task manager and kill the Arma process since Alt-F4 doesn't even work XD

EDIT: AngryKaze, thanks I'll try that next time =]

Edited by ♠ Unknown ♠

This is happening to everyone right now it's a bug with 1.7.2.5. It doesn't seem to happen for any one reason either because I have logged out the normal way and logged back in the next day on the coast. Also if you join a 1.7.2.4 server and go back to a 1.7.2.5 after that you will sometimes spawn in dead, with broken legs bleeding out, or no gear. If you downgrade back to 1.7.2.4 you have to deal with all the crazy artifacts from dead bodies and barbwire. So out of those options I still opt for the first one, spawning on the coast every couple of log-ins is nowhere near as bad as the alternatives.

It wasn't happening to me with a +10 days character I had before updating, but then i updated, played for a few days without problems. But I got bored of my character and protecting my gear so I aggroed some zombies to get me killed, and since then I started having this problem.

I will try the alt+tabbing when Im stuck at loading, thanks for the suggestion AngryKaze.

Btw, the graphic artifacts still happened to me in 1.7.2.5 near balota hangars.

Edited by sebastian.w

Check out Killing Floor on steam that's what I'm doing to get my zombie game fix while I'm waiting for another update :D

just dont login to servers that doesnt have to same version as yours. Otherwise it will cause the infinte loading screen. If you close the game when there is a infinite loading screen, it will spwan you back to the coasts

just dont login to servers that doesnt have to same version as yours. Otherwise it will cause the infinte loading screen. If you close the game when there is a infinite loading screen, it will spwan you back to the coasts

I believe this is the correct answer.

i tried to join .5 games with .4, got stuck at loading and spawned next to coast when i actually managed to get the game to load. now i have been playing in the same server(.5) and all is normal (spawning etc.)