Sign in to follow this  
spacecraft

How do you protect your loot while logged off?

I'm wondering what the safest way to store trucks, tents with loot and stuff while logged off. A buddy and myself stored a v35, a civilian truck, and a couple tents way out here in this area: http://dayzdb.com/map#6.003.044

I had to go to work the next day and when I got home all our stuff was stolen. This is on a server that rarely has over 12 people playing so I figured nobody was going to find it out there. So how did this happen? Did I hide it too close to the edge of the map? It was pretty deep into the trees.

If I can't hide it out here, can I not hide it anywhere?

Where you on 1.7.2.5? I hear stuff doesn't save on the new patch.

Also, don't get attached to your gear (Rule #1)

Don't log off, only way to be sure.

• Like 1

Ha ha protect gear? you can't even save it :thumbsup:

don't worry no one can take your gear from your tent, not even you :P

I found out that tent can save only another tent in it.

Oh and there is a bug some times after server restart tents and vehicles not spawn at all, wait for next server restart.

Edited by DooM4MR

Try to hide it better.

Some servers fail to maintain vehicles and tents through restarts, so you can wait the next restart to be 100% sure.

was this recently? because vehicles aren't saving properly at the moment

It was recently. Weird thing is the server restarted once and none of our stuff was lost.

Where you on 1.7.2.5? I hear stuff doesn't save on the new patch.

Also, don't get attached to your gear (Rule #1)

Don't log off, only way to be sure.

Oh, I'm not too upset about losing my stuff. I know how DayZ works. :P I wish I could just not log off, but I gotta get dat moneh. :(

Linking the map cords to your loot pile isnt a good way.. Just saying.... What server did you say you were on?

• Like 1

Don't put tents/vehicles at the border of the map....just...don't

A walk along the map border is a safe way to find someones camp, simply because everyone does it

Pick a nice forest in the middle of the map that is not located near hotspots like NWAF, Stary Sobor, Devils Castle, etc

Find a group of trees that have thick leaves and are standing closely together, they conceal quite effectively

Try to cover atleast 3 angles from which your vehicle can be seen

Tents are easier because you only need 2 trees very close to eachother, put tent in the middle, success

Don't mix well camouflaged vehicles like the V3S with obvious vehicles like the Ural

Split your camp into two if needed

We had our camp up for atleast 2 months

It became quite large with 3 ATVs, 2 UAZs, 1 Ural, 1 V3S, 1 Motorbike, 5 tents

Yet it remained unlooted....until the server admin decided to take the server down for good

All our logistics gone with the push of a button

Bottom line, always be prepared to loose your stuff

Edited by Hawk24
  • Like 1

Linking the map cords to your loot pile isnt a good way.. Just saying.... What server did you say you were on?

Yeah, I linked the map coords after all my loot was taken. I'm on us 1551, have fun going to an empty camp. >_>