twix (DayZ)

Character Progression

So having a look back at what rocket had previously mentioned in one of his posts on how he plans to implement certain zombies being old and weak and wondered if the same approach could be done with our characters. So initially we all start out nice and pulp but then we go rotten after a few days and the only way to prolong our healthy state would be to use some sort of preservative. Here's what I had in mind:

Factors that affects us over time:

1. Sight - This would be in form of random blurring as well as affecting your visibility of far of objects. Possible cure would be find a pair of glasses or some sort of med.

2. Fatigue - You would become encumbered with much larger backpacks and would have to rely on much lighter packs. Alternatively you could use vehicles, horses or dogs to carry more goods.

3. Stamina - You stamina gradually decreases and you would require to properly manages your reserves as you tend to require more frequent meals and liquids throughout the day to replenish your stamina.

4. General Weakness - Recoil on weapons then become more pronounced when using high caliber weapons with a chance to drop your weapon on the ground.

5. Tolerance - You develop a tolerance for certain meds such as painkillers requiring you to intake higher doses to give you the necessary effect on your body.

6. Infection - You have a higher chance of catching an infection either be from a zombie bite/attack or from weather elements. Your body starts to feel the effects of the elements more rapidly than a day 1 spawn.

7. Panic - A much higher chance of getting panicked when encountering zombies causing shock and the shakes.

Feel free to discuss and add your suggestions.

Edited by twix
  • Like 1

Not to bad but not too good this will be something that will have too be talked about

And how bout's using cars as generators to temporarily get an area running?

I honestly think this idea is good but it needs a little tweaking..

I agree with fatigue, stamina, general weakness, and tolerance to meds.|

As for infection, the chance from a zombie shouldn't change, but weather makes sense..

To counter this though, jackets should be available.

As for panic? If I lived that old into the zombie apocalypse, I'd probably be stone cold hey.. I pretty much already am.

Sight I don't think should be affected at all, it varies too much between people.