D3lit3

How DayZ TDM/CoD Can Be Gone With 2 Quick Fixes

Behold, my two holy DayZ commandments that will EXPLODE DayZ simulation and social interaction into the ASTRAL REALM!

1. Introduction of always functional direct voice chat, so people know it works and how to use it. This could be easily done by a post by the dev team in the breaking news forum titled "Now you can use voice chat!" so every noob coming into the game knows it works and how to operate it.

2. Gaining a moderate HP bonus (+30%) when in the radius of other players, can be stacked by additional players (up to 100%). This could be achieved by setting the radius to only kick in the bonus after being around the player for 10+ mins, encouraging at least some sort of teamplay within a certain timeframe.

There, I fixed DayZ.

Wow, that #2 suggestion is actually pretty tits. You could even implement an entire "morale" stat that is effected by your interactions with other people. Could make it give bonuses to other things besides just health as well.

1 quick fix:

Spawn everyone without guns or ammo. Gotta loot it if you want it.

Doesn't need fixing.

Forums do though, full of knowitalls that think PKing is a problem

PROTIP: STAY AWAY FROM CHERNO/ELEKTRO

1. Introduction of always functional direct voice chat' date=' so people know it works and how to use it. This could be easily done by a post by the dev team in the breaking news forum titled "Now you can use voice chat!" so every noob coming into the game knows it works and how to operate it.

[/quote']

This will be fixed eventually.

2. Gaining a moderate HP bonus (+30%) when in the radius of other players' date=' can be stacked by additional players (up to 100%). This could be achieved by setting the radius to only kick in the bonus after being around the player for 10+ mins, encouraging at least some sort of teamplay within a certain timeframe.

[/quote']

No, absolutely not. That's ridiculous.

#1 needs to happen. From what I head the voice comms are sorta buggy unless running the ARMA II Beta patch, but I think proper voice comm will stop a lot of the BS. I for one would be more inclined to talk than shoot on sight.

#2 not so much. I don't think the game needs to push for group play, just less morons who shoot on sight. IMHO group play is balanced without the need for adjustment. Benefits: You have people who can watch your back, save you in dire situations, and you are intimidating to lone wolf bandits/morons. Drawbacks: Much easier to spot out and about, loot has to be split, etc. Group play should be a players choice, I don't think there should be more benefits for those that choose it over the benefits it provides by default.

Behold' date=' my two holy DayZ commandments that will EXPLODE DayZ simulation and social interaction into the ASTRAL REALM!

1. Introduction of always functional direct voice chat, so people know it works and how to use it. This could be easily done by a post by the dev team in the breaking news forum titled "Now you can use voice chat!" so every noob coming into the game knows it works and how to operate it.

2. Gaining a moderate HP bonus (+30%) when in the radius of other players, can be stacked by additional players (up to 100%). This could be achieved by setting the radius to only kick in the bonus after being around the player for 10+ mins, encouraging at least some sort of teamplay within a certain timeframe.

There, I fixed DayZ.

[/quote']

The first one is implemented, yet. It's called direct communication. Just download the beta version and play on beta servers and it works! Rocket doesn't have influence in the broken version without the beta patch. He mentioned that when BI releases the new patch for ARMAII, the global chats are gone and you can only talk through the direct communication.

Rocket said in several interviews that he doesn't want the game to be balanced. It's build from a game which uses an engine called "Virtual Reality Engine" for a reason, you know? Beside the fact that there is a zombie apocolypse he wants the game to be as realistic as possible. In real life you won't get more blood or something like that, too, just because you are more than 10 min next to a partner. ;)

1) Agreed. We NEED this. Support.

2) Usually I am NOT supportive for these measures, but THIS is the only kind of "bonus" I might allow (not that I like it... but I prefer this much then a "reputation system" or "bandit skins").

Extra) Forcing everybody to spawn without weapons is a good idea in my opinion. A very good idea actually. Support.

Comms will get rid of all the unecessary chatter, of the L337 players who brag about how many survivor/bandit kills they have , "Umadbro?" Lets face it, some people (kids) like to see their name somewhere in a game whether it is leaderboard or in chat. I personally cannot wait till the side chat is gone.

If the game goes standalone I would hope that the server you chose to play on would house your character because there is too much "farming" going on right now.(logging off in high loot area, then relogging in another server) for the loot. Thus stacking the odds in their favor.

Heal over time...no way, infact if you get shot, you should be more prone to infection. Not really sure how to quell the deathmatch mentality that is going on right now, but hey, its alpha. Cannot say a game will fail during alpha. Not even in the testing phase yet so hold your tongues.

Social Isolation May Have A Negative Effect On Intellectual Abilities

"After controlling for a wide range of demographic variables, including age, education, race/ethnicity, gender, marital status and income, as well as for physical health and depression, the researchers looked at the connection between frequency of social contact and level of mental function on the mini-mental exam.

The higher the level of participants' social interaction, researchers found, the better their cognitive functioning. This relationship was reliable for all age groups, from the youngest through the oldest. "

In a second experiment:

"We found that short-term social interaction lasting for just 10 minutes boosted participants' intellectual performance as much as engaging in so-called 'intellectual' activities for the same amount of time,"

Social Isolation Kills, But How and Why?

"Social isolation has been shown repeatedly to prospectively predict mortality and serious morbidity both in general population samples (2) and in individuals with established morbidity (3, 4), especially coronary heart disease (1). The magnitude of risk associated with social isolation is comparable with that of cigarette smoking and other major biomedical and psychosocial risk factors."

OP your suggestions are bad and you should feel bad.

Negative effects of isolation.

It would fit right in with the desire for realism in this game.

No. The game is supposed to be immersive, disconnecting character's psyche from player's own pretty much ruins the immersion. Any artificial effects/incentives are to be removed or denied.

2. Gaining a moderate HP bonus (+30%) when in the radius of other players' date=' can be stacked by additional players (up to 100%). This could be achieved by setting the radius to only kick in the bonus after being around the player for 10+ mins, encouraging at least some sort of teamplay within a certain timeframe.

There, I fixed DayZ.

[/quote']

Wow' date=' that #2 suggestion is actually pretty tits. You could even implement an entire "morale" stat that is effected by your interactions with other people. Could make it give bonuses to other things besides just health as well.

[/quote']

WTF? If you guys want group buffs go play WoW or one of the countless clones that are pumped out every other week.

OP your suggestions are bad and you should feel bad.

Negative effects of isolation.

It would fit right in with the desire for realism in this game.

No. The game is supposed to be immersive' date=' disconnecting character's psyche from player's own pretty much ruins the immersion. Any artificial effects/incentives are to be removed or denied.

[/quote']

Except you can just log out and get all the social interaction you need. That is like if logging out restored your health. Simulating the psychological benefits of social interaction would make up for this short coming in the simulation, while promoting teamwork and making people less likely to shoot everyone they see as soon as they see them. Win-win.

There, I fixed DayZ.

[/quote']

Wow' date=' that #2 suggestion is actually pretty tits. You could even implement an entire "morale" stat that is effected by your interactions with other people. Could make it give bonuses to other things besides just health as well.

[/quote']

WTF? If you guys want group buffs go play WoW or one of the countless clones that are pumped out every other week.

This game is supposed to be a simulation. This is an aspect of real life that could be incorporated to both boost realism and improve gameplay. I am not surprised that a "lol WoW" person would be unable to understand that.

First point is annoying, granted but use TS3 / Vent until it is fixed.

Second point is really, really meh. This isn't some MMO where you get buffs and shite like that and never will be.

First point is annoying' date=' granted but use TS3 / Vent until it is fixed.

[/quote']

I don't think that TS or Vent really address the issue however. I personally play this game with friends on TS, and we have a blast, however we don't use the servers TS, and no doubt neither do a lot of others. I think in game comms will allow for players to talk themselves out of situations in a roleplay sense, and not be bothersome to everyone on a public server, plus make it a lot easier for players to talk to players that they are dealing with directly, and without the need for 3rd party software.

First point is annoying' date=' granted but use TS3 / Vent until it is fixed.

[/quote']

I don't think that TS or Vent really address the issue however. I personally play this game with friends on TS, and we have a blast, however we don't use the servers TS, and no doubt neither do a lot of others. I think in game comms will allow for players to talk themselves out of situations in a roleplay sense, and not be bothersome to everyone on a public server, plus make it a lot easier for players to talk to players that they are dealing with directly, and without the need for 3rd party software.

Yep I agree with that mate but until Direct chat is fixed people need to make do with what we have. Especially for group play. Will not save your arse though if you come across some random player in game and you cant type to him fast enough!