Sign in to follow this  
grundose

Anyone have a global ban overturned by battleye? How long did it take?

So I had a false positive or something occur on Monday, because when I tried to join a server tuesday all I see now is that I've got a global ban. I've e-mailed support@battleye.com with my ban id and everything hoping to get it overturned. 4 days later and still no response.

I see this guys policy is to not respond whatsoever if he investigates and declared you to be a hacker. Has anyone else appealed and been successful? How long did it take?

Being as it's been 4 days and I've heard nothing yet I'm running out of patience. I'm starting to conclude this guy who runs this shitty "cheat prevention software"(which doesn't appear to fucking work as i've been banned and there's still plenty of "hackers" out there) either doesn't care, or hasn't looked into it properly and just assumed i'm a hacker. I'm trying my hardest not to resort to childish temper tantrum mode. As fucked as it is, having been a legitimate player and being banned, if this doesn't get resolved I will try my damnedest to come back, and this time around I will be part of the problem that so many of us hate. I really hope it doesn't come to that.

This is desperation. Anyone any sort of information on this appeal process?

• Like 1

As you can imagine there are many thousands of bans and appeals to sort through. Not much advice that anyone can give you, hopefully someone will post here that their ban was overturned.

As fucked as it is, having been a legitimate player and being banned, if this doesn't get resolved I will try my damnedest to come back, and this time around I will be part of the problem that so many of us hate. I really hope it doesn't come to that.

Just leave..., if you are willing to hack becuase you were banned, I am sure we do not need you to return.

You've already entered childish temper tantrum mode.

• Like 1

You've already entered childish temper tantrum mode.

Probably forgot to hit his little "BE Bypass" button. Poor guy. :(

u will need real prof

Its impossible to prove you weren't hacking, what evidence does he have to present to support his case if he wasnt hacking he has nothing out of the ordinary... guilty until proven innocent? I feel really sorry for anyone who has been falsely accused.

• Like 1

if this doesn't get resolved I will try my damnedest to come back, and this time around I will be part of the problem that so many of us hate. I really hope it doesn't come to that.

You're pathetic. I hope your ban remains instated.

I got banned by that global thing when heaps of people were banned accidently.

Couldn't play 1 night, logged in the next day and it worked fine.

Those of you who have, feel free to judge me all you want. It doesn't really matter. I'm willing to bet though, any of you who have had to deal with the menace that "hackers" are creating, and then got a false positive ban and were in the same boat I am in would be pretty pissed yourselves. Will I actually "go to the dark side" probably not. I'm just venting my frustration, but I will remain pissed, and I will not be buying the standalone if Battleye remains the cheat detection software. I'm out my 30 bucks now, I hope it doesn't happen to you, yet at the same time I do. Go ahead and cast your stones.

Edited by grundose
  • Like 4

I feel your pain Grundose. I love the game to much to hack or script and I love the chance or finding or not finding what I want to get. It's sad that there are so many hackers and scripters out there ruining the game that sad saps like you and me get fucked and get nothing in return. I've been frustrated beyond all repair and really do not know what to do expect wait for the stand alone and hope like hell that the stand alone does not use BE as well. If it does I'll probably just wait patiently for WarZ.

• Like 1

Exact same thing happened to me. I didn't play for a couple days then logged in to find I was globally banned. I emailed them a week ago and haven't heard a response. I am not willing to buy another copy again just to have it illegitimately taken away from me. I really hope DayZ standalone doesn't use battleye. If it does I might just have to try WarZ.

Yeah it seems like the number of false positives are in the thousands lol. How something like that can be ignored I have no clue. I'd love to rally all these people together and get those who bought arma 2 just to play DayZ to submit a ticket to try and refund or get credit to buy a different game since we can't use it anymore for what we wanted and we didn't do shit to deserve our ban. If the number of people is as big as it seems you would think they would have to choice to to react in someway.

They just straight up lie to you when you appeal, i didn't play arma 2 for a while but then when i attempted to play i was global banned. I emailed the staff about my ban and this was their response "your GUID was logged hacking. The evidence gathered is clear and therefore the ban will not be lifted. This evidence won't be published though, so don't bother asking for it." Now you might be thinking well they logged you hacking but to that i say how did they know who i was? My email to them did not state my ingame name/steam ID or even the same email that is linked to my steam account. Also i was not hacking i was on a server with many hackers the last day i played and i took weapons from a box on the floor (i didn't know they came from someone using a script, i just thought it was a lucky find)

They just straight up lie to you when you appeal, i didn't play arma 2 for a while but then when i attempted to play i was global banned. I emailed the staff about my ban and this was their response "your GUID was logged hacking. The evidence gathered is clear and therefore the ban will not be lifted. This evidence won't be published though, so don't bother asking for it." Now you might be thinking well they logged you hacking but to that i say how did they know who i was? My email to them did not state my ingame name/steam ID or even the same email that is linked to my steam account. Also i was not hacking i was on a server with many hackers the last day i played and i took weapons from a box on the floor (i didn't know they came from someone using a script, i just thought it was a lucky find)

Well I gotta say at least you received a response from the BE basturds (what all did you send them to get that). I e-mailed the support@battleye.com two or 3 times and I've gotten nill back from them. As for their clarification as "your guid was logged" that is what connected to your Cd-key. I so either you got mixed up in all the crap that was going on around you and got scewed. Or somehow someone somewhere spoofed your cd-key and now your the victim of a low life hacker.

Heres my entire message to them

"I opened up my game today to play and when i joined a server it said "You have been kicked off the game" (Battleye: global ban #3c9b) i checked around to see what it was and all links i found said it was due to hacking, i have never hacked the game nor have i tried."

and then they replied with the message i posted in my other comment. I went through a long back and forth with them around 8 emails long (i ended up deleteing everything after the initial response by accident but it was just more bullcrap about how they wouldn't tell me the specifics because he didn't have to.

iv got one for you guys

my steam account was stolen and i had no proof to say it was my account so i messaged Steam support about 8 times a day and then they reply after 2 weeks.and sent me a new password for my account.

so i go onto arma 2 and try join a dayz server and im banned:S so i go onto a insurgency server and im banned?? so iv been messaging BE telling them that my account was stolen and now im banned so took a screen shot of every email i received off Steam support then i go to the BE website and im reading around and it says they cannot help un ban a CD even if it was stolen !! WHAT A LOAD OF SHITE............

Hello there

Check the bohemia forums on their standing on stolen CD keys.

Don't spam Battle eye as it only makes their jobs harder.

Don't download any form of executable on your machine unless you know exactly what's in it and what it's supposed to do. (exe's, screen savers etc etc)

I hear rants about every anti cheat engine, and although false positives do happen, as has been seen with BE, they do reverse unjust bans.

It takes time and patience (on your part)

Also make sure you have separate accounts on your machine for "brothers" etc who may have done something dodgey on your PC. although that is no guarantee of protection.

rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

Hello there

Check the bohemia forums on their standing on stolen CD keys.

Don't spam Battle eye as it only makes their jobs harder.

Don't download any form of executable on your machine unless you know exactly what's in it and what it's supposed to do. (exe's, screen savers etc etc)

I hear rants about every anti cheat engine, and although false positives do happen, as has been seen with BE, they do reverse unjust bans.

It takes time and patience (on your part)

Also make sure you have separate accounts on your machine for "brothers" etc who may have done something dodgey on your PC. although that is no guarantee of protection.

rgds

LoK

"Don't spam Battle eye as it only makes their jobs harder."

What job is that exactly? They created a software, BI bought the rights to it and they walked off with a fat wad of cash. They do not support the community. Why BI uses there software is beyond me, maybe because it was cheap and easy to get. Eitherway Battleye does not care about you or your money they have wasted. Hackers run rampant and the only people I see get banned is this situation. While the real hackers just laugh it off and steal someone elses key and keep playing an hour later. Who is being punished here? The hackers? No obviously not, everyday I see a hacker, every couple of days cows parachute and everyone gets dropped from the sky. A couple get banned and I see there names pop up a day later probably using another poor saps CD key.

Edited by Shini_Otoba
  • Like 1