unit82

Clan oriented AS50 TWS duping...

I know a clan who dupes AS50 TWS & keep sayin' "We didn't hack it in, so we are legit, blah blah..."

I wouldn't reveal their name or server, so they cannot flame me.

However, this is total bullshit. using AS50 TWS by their own accord is fucked up as much as hacker who put them in at the first time.

BTW, they had tons of load of TWSs & stacking up as along as we are talking right now...

Many of clans watching at this post might feel their secret revealed.

It would by VERY funny if we banned all TWSs = some of the whole clan might be wiped in one day :D

• Like 1

just report them to BIS / dayz devs / battleEye staff. do it in a private message or email, not publicly. they will be dealt with.

Can't rocket just ban all guns that aren't a part of DayZ begin with? There should be some sort of checking mechanism in the hive database that should run a check on a gun to make sure it is an official DayZ gun. If it isn't, it will remove the gun (or item, ammo) from the character's inventory. That won't stop players from stashing it on the servers, but it will make it difficult for players to use the gun because it wont save in the database.

I really don't think they are breaking any rules. BattleEye wouldn't ban them for this.

No man, thats great!!

Just yesterday i took off a Ghillie, AS50 TWS, L85 Sniper and grabbed his gear, tha AS50 TWS is just a great gun (until i got killed by a hacker) and i enjoyed posessing it for ~20 mins :D

I love looting such treasures, so why ban them? They are like a big bag of treasures you just need to hunt and loot :D Just like treasure Goblins in D3 or a Pinata full of sweets in RL.

We have the same issue with the M48 (M249 with ACOG) and a few other items. Tents are duping stuff, others deleting stuff.

We have lost Cyote backpacks, M24s, AK-74 Cobras, M4A1 CCO SDs, but keep gaining AS50s, M249s, L85s... not by our own doing. We take one out of a tent and a day later another is there.

I guess we could just remove the duped items and dump them on the ground everyday... but considering the GOOD stuff we have lost...I consider it a payment for my aggrivation :)

• Like 1

Anyone with a half brain can guess what happens when there are players on a locked "clan server".

You can can see this all time. Read the forums and you can read between the lines why clans rent a server.

Found a TWS the other day, I chucked it in the water at Elektro dam, along with a PDW SD. It felt dirty picking them up, but when I first looted the corpse I didn't notice it was a TWS version, it was more 'Sweet! An AS50!, wait wtf is this?'.

• Like 1

They aren't breaking any rules, enough said.

Intentionally duplicating items is breaking rules.

Edited by Patient Zer0

Intentionally duplicating items is breaking rules.

Yea what he meant to say was that there are no negative consequences for the dupers. The only thing stopping me from doing the same thing is that it makes the game horribly boring very quickly. But these guys seem to have a clan built around the concept so if they can keep it interesting for themselves I wouldnt fault them; if anything I would fault BE or Rocket, but I dont because that kind of shit doesnt bother me.

orfind out where their camp is and destroy it to the ground with grenades. But yes intentional dupers should get a ban or something. But for the duping to really stop 1. you need to eliminate the hackers 2. you need to eliminate the duping problem in the 1st place.

Still if a patch stops duping you will see that quite a few clan servers actually will not upgrade. So then you need to enforce that every damn server runs the same beta patch and the same dayz version. And with the frequency those beta patches come out i doubt that will work.

The food chain on this game:

1. Skiddies

2. Baddies that remove plants, buildings, etc. to see players, vehicles and tents

3. Baddies that need a TWS to get kills

4. Dupers (usually part of 2 and 3)

5. Legit players <-------- Lol, just kill yourself at this point