Sign in to follow this  
SPACE LION

Remove leaderboard from "You Are Dead" screen

Help streamers help you.

In addition to having to deal with the rampant, unchecked hacking, displaying leaderboard on death makes streamers incredibly vulnerable to stream sniping.

They generally can't change scenes in XSplit or obscure the screen in time to hide their server name or other information that exposes where they are, and - by extension - what servers their squad's camps are on. This is a very small request that would be a GREAT boon to streamers who help grow the popularity of games/mods like this.

Rocket has already talked about having the option of disabling the debug monitor for this exact reasons so I assume this would also be an option. He talked about it in the machinima interview a week or two ago.

The solution that I give to my friends is to change the nickname everytime they switch servers or after death when streaming.

This will fix a couple of things;

- if for some reason your name is visible during the stream, you can't be followed the next time

- while switching servers your screen is already blacked out, so it's easy to take some extra time to switch names

We also do this when we access our main servers (which have camps) so we can't be followed.

Rocket has already talked about having the option of disabling the debug monitor for this exact reasons so I assume this would also be an option. He talked about it in the machinima interview a week or two ago.

That sounds great. Hopefully names could be toggled off in the inventory screen as well.

Still, the issue specifically of the leaderboard being displayed on the death screen is a significant one and I don't think it would be much trouble at all to disable it. You can already bring it up at any time by pressing "i". I can't really see any reason why it needs to be up by default.

Edited by SPACE LION