Sign in to follow this  
treva_l@hotmail.com

Logging in unconscious?

Im having the same problem, log off...when i return to play im unconscious for 5 mins, very annoying.

• Like 1

I have this problem as well. On a fresh spawn character. Started a new character spawned near Cherno and when the game loaded I was unconscious.

From what i heard this is not a bug, but a negative status called SHOCK that you receive after being shot or by damaging yourself.

Shock

Symptoms: If the player logs out with this status, the next time they log in they will spend a long period unconscious. It is marked by a White symbol on the HUD

Causes: Shock is the status effect a player will receive after being shot at by another player or damaging themselves somehow.

Treatment: This status will last for 5 minutes and is incurable

Happened to me before, you just need to stay online for those 5 minutes so the status can disappear, otherwise if you disconnect and connect again, you will spawn unconscious. Unless this isn't the case, then it would probably be a bug of some sort.

Edited by Fenrig
  • Like 1

I experienced the same problem this morning.

Fresh spawn south side of electro.

Purposely fell off the dock into the water. For some reason my character fell through the water, hit the bottom, broke legs, and floated back to the top.

I accidentally D/C'd instead of hitting respawn, and when I came back in to the server my legs werent broken and I had to wait 5 minutes because of this unconscious glitch (floating ontop of the water too!)

Its not a bug! only the beach spawning with SHOCK is.

If you get hurt (bleeding) by a Z and you log off, you get SHOCK if you log in again (prevents players from login/logout-Z-despawning in combat).

If you get hurt by other players and log off, you get SHOCK if you log in again ("prevents" players from alt+f4 nooblog / should be over all servers.

If you hurt yourself and log off, you get SHOCK if you log in again (your own fault!).

You have to wait until the timer is through, than you will be able to play again without the SHOCK.

Shruu

Edited by Shruu

I don't believe this a bug. I think its actually a penalty for logging in and out too much. I may stand corrected.

If you log out while you are in shock you get the hour glass for 5 minutes. This is against disconnecting when there is PvP

From what i heard this is not a bug, but a negative status called SHOCK that you receive after being shot or by damaging yourself.

Happened to me before, you just need to stay online for those 5 minutes so the status can disappear, otherwise if you disconnect and connect again, you will spawn unconscious. Unless this isn't the case, then it would probably be a bug of some sort.

Did you not read the thread at all before replying?

We have already stated we did not have shock before logging off.

It is extremely hard to miss the very large shock symbol on the right side of the screen when you have it.

Instead the game is knocking out players for no apparent reason

I've definitely got no shock since I've taken 3 painkillers so far, but every time I log back in (at least 3-4 hours apart) I just drop on the ground and have to wait about 5 minutes, this is ridiculous, first time I've had it happen to me.

This only happened to me when I logged off right next to an object, I believe it was a tree stump and luckily I was in the middle of the forest while I lay helplessly on the floor.

Same thing happened to me, I'm 100% sure there was no shock when I logged out before this. I was laying on ground in forest about 10 min. before logging out. And there was no zombies chasing me or even near.

I've definitely got no shock since I've taken 3 painkillers so far, but every time I log back in (at least 3-4 hours apart) I just drop on the ground and have to wait about 5 minutes, this is ridiculous, first time I've had it happen to me.

just a heads up, painkillers don't cure shock; the only solution is waiting 5 minutes.

Painkillers only help with the shaking screen you get after taking damage, not to be confused with the shaking screen you get after running/walking for a while or the shaking from having a low temperature.

i had the same bug. i FIXED my character and now its gone

to FIX your cchar just do all the things

blood transf.

bandage

food

drink

painkillers

morphine

This has happened to me a few times. Seems to keep doing it for a while then stops. Might be some disconnecting penalty but I'm not sure if it works because that last time I d/ced after I injured myself by proning near an object.

also experienced this on my old character ( was fixed when i was knocked out during server reset ) and my current guy, who had an instantaneous death

What (most) people are talking about here is not shock. Maybe 1 or 2 people dont know what shock is, but u can't assume everyone is an idiot ^.~

I have the bug too, can't log in without having 5min hr glass. Def gonna try what Sugy said...will post my results shortly.

i have a different problem, basically if i log into a server I have all my stuff and everything is fine. I mean every server is fine, except server US 255. This server is not synched or whatever, and I log in and have to choose a gender and spawn at the beach....makes no sense. I have committed suicide and ran into zombie hoards from beach and it has not re-synched me, this is unfortunate since 255 is sponsored by my gaming group

I'm sure I got the best one out there.

*Le me running along the back buildings in Novy Sobor*

*Le Arma 2 has stopped working*

*Le me logging in knocked out while standing*

And I keep logging in knocked out while standing every time now, pretty much unable to wait for the timer to go down because zombies keep spotting me when the timer is almost over. So yeah, knocked out + while standing (3 visibility bars) essentially I'm #$%^ed.

Edited by K77

Most likely crashed the bike and got shock from it. When you log out with shock you get knocked out for 5 minutes on return.

but mine is 2 hours

the game is unplayable. i hope this gets fixed soon.

"unplayable"

>613 years played and counting

Also, having this problem. Seems to be based on what server you're on, as I can change servers perfectly fine but the second I go back to my old one (where it first happened), it starts happening again.