cur1er

So.. Hackers. (Not a rage thread)

Alrighty, so I was wondering around the edges of the map looking for a helicopter on NZ 15 and suddenly i'm up in the air. I instantly log out knowing it's a hacker and rejoin my clans server and i'm still in the air, I so sit there thinking "oh god, i'm in an un-coded part of the game I'm going to have to respawn." when suddenly I see a mountain infront of me and I realize i'm falling.

At this point I log out and in repeatedly till I'm safely on the ground and realize my location is completely not where I got teleported from. So, I decide to go on a surrounding mountain and go back to NZ 15 and upon logging in I see a field of cows, literally a field of them, and I start walking around and find quite a few dead bodies and conveniently a tent (poor guy who placed it had no idea a hacker teleport would occur over it i'm sure.) and then the server shuts down.

So, my main point is why wouldn't someone log out when they get teleported, and why do hackers even mass kill if there's a chance to escape it? I'm baffled and a bit amused and have no sympathy for those who died, opinions on this topic and hacker-player relationships?

Edited by cur1er

I don't even know why people like to ruin the game of others by using hacks/cheats/scripts...

Although I can come up with a lot of reasons, I won't name them since it's a "no rage" thread (which I like btw).

Sounds like you out-smarted a hacker and survived to tell the tail. Congrats.

Also, hackers don't need to teleport you into the air for the fall to kill you. They can just do an insta-slay on the entire server.

I have a wonderful image in my mind of someone disappearing and reapperaring as he gracefully floats to the ground. Well done sir :P

And that is why they are hacking in the ability to disable the Abort options prior to their actions. They do not like it when their plans are fouled by players just skipping out . The fact they've gone so far to disable the easier means to get out of the game says a lot about them and the hollow gratification they are trying to pry from the jaws of their own impatience and lack of determination.

A few of the teleport scripts available desync you from the server.

Basically, as soon as you teleport your progress from there is nil.

I don't see why they can't just apply this to everyone in-game. Kind of like they did with the debug forest.

If you get Teleported, when you log in next time you are back where you were originally. Sounds good to me, and defeats the major griefing hacks.

Hmm.

I was playing on a night-time server with a pop of around 12 when we were all teleported to Kamenka mid-air, pretty much everyone managed to log out before dying (it's so easy to avoid once you know what's coming!) but then we all seemed to log back into the same server 5 minutes later, everyone joining (on the ground) somewhere in Kamenka at night, it was like a fireworks party, gunfire everywhere, great fun!

i think hackers should focus on creativity more than on killing players.

They could create cool situations in the game adding a challenge, a laugh, stuff like that.

I really like the one who plays as jason from friday the 13th, i think it's a brilliant idea.

like the thunderdome, they could teleport players to one of the big cities, throw crates of ammo and guns and spawn a decent horde of zeds. That would be a good challenge.

Or a friendly "batman" that cripples and disarms bandits, or an evil vehicle that haunts at night, stuff like that.

It's easy enough to quit as fast as possible as soon as you get teleported. A bigger problem is when you get teleported and then turned into a cow, losing you all weapons and gear. Byebye L85A2 AWS.

LOL teleporting everyone with weapons and a big horde would never work, one idiot would ruin it all

They could create cool situations in the game adding a challenge, a laugh, stuff like that.

I really like the one who plays as jason from friday the 13th, i think it's a brilliant idea.

like the thunderdome, they could teleport players to one of the big cities, throw crates of ammo and guns and spawn a decent horde of zeds. That would be a good challenge.

Or a friendly "batman" that cripples and disarms bandits, or an evil vehicle that haunts at night, stuff like that.

So the would be more like game masters from AD&D :) I think I like this idea.

I'm currently logged out mid-air and was wondering what would happen when I log back in. In the brief time I realised I was in the sky, before promptly logging out, I seem to remember the ground below me being very blue and wet looking. Will I die if I plummet into the sea?

Really don't get the hackers, what is the point and what do they get out of it? (Rhetorical question of course) I'm not raging, just mildly irritated, I'll get over it and carry on as usual. They really need to find better ways of spending their time.

Some of them disable abort and alt +F4 before they start their crap.

Not all of us combat log constantly so alt f4'ing when teleported isn't a reflex.

Not all of us combat log constantly so alt f4'ing when teleported isn't a reflex.

This yo.

Look at all these fresh fuckn noobs BLATANTLY admitting to instalogging.

I'm sorry, so avoiding a hacker from quick reflex's now means I/We combat log? I don't follow, I've been killed by hacks that teleport me so much more then I combat logged in my first few weeks of playing. I also came to realize that combat logging is an effective way to kill the game for the player so I haven't combat logged in my last 2 months of play even being shot at in an open field from 3 AS50's.

Perhaps you combat log and come to the forums for to try and make others feel bad about doing the same? I'm not sure but I also asked for a non rage thread.. I'm going to assume off the the back you can't read or comprehend well.

EDIT: I didn't alt-f4 I was able to disconnect before the possibly Dsync occurred.

Edited by cur1er

I've seen a video from somebody called Zombiemaster on youtube about the stalker-scare factor hacker that chased him around and that was a blast to watch. I've also had the thunderdome event over 20 times and normally I enjoy it but everytime it gets to the last 2 players the hacker seems to re-teleport everyone and then disconnect them so I've never been able to fully finish it.