Sign in to follow this  
Rallige

Only thing game has to offer got screwed up

... in last update. While I don't like excessive PvP (the only bright feature game has to offer) we see now, dev team somehow managed to screw it up for ppl, who try to avoid it. Let me explain.

I'm talking about bringing bandit/hero morphing back into a game. While thing itself is somehow unrealistic and only is getting implemented because of all those whine threads we have here, the way it works screws rather peaceful players like me. Let me tell you situation I had yesterday.

Fresh spawn after 2 weeks of dayz break. 0 humanity, normal face. I spawn near Komarovo and go for industrial facility on the coast in order to find an hatchet. What I did find was another survivor with hatchet in his hands. He had normal head too. The moment he sees me (unarmed) he rushes towards me and tries to cut my head off. So I aggroed a whole swarm of zed and made them re-aggro on that survivor, winning myself enough time to pick up another hatchet and finish him off.

I had around "-" humanity (he wasnt bandit), "bandit" head and 6 k blood left.

After that I loot balota, get myself a gun and go for cherno to get better backpack, basic tools and supplies. Somewhere near supermarket got under fire and had to defend myself. Again. What I didn't notice is that my humanity level raised to about zero level. So what happened next - when it actually reached "0" I was in the middle in the firefight, defending my life only to have skins switched again, what was followed by screen flash and "getting my weapon ready" animation, which, ofc, put me into disadvantage and I got killed.

I know that this is alpha and I must eat all this shit, but geezuz, don't fix what isn't broken (karma/humanity system. Heartbeat was more than enough, IMO) and don't claim other bugs fixed, when they aren't (texture artifacts. did you even playtest your last patch, lol?).

In current situation with skin switching there are only 2 ways out : killing ppl 24/7 to get super low humanity and don't worry about sudden skin switch

OR

for those who want play peacefully - just let kill yourself like freaking sheep and don't defend yourself. Coz you never know if skin switch will catch you in the middle of firefight/zombie attack.

• Like 3

The skins are no doubt a stopgap solution until something else can be developed. Although they don't look great and have definitely not stopped the KOS mentality, I am pleased they have returned.

• Like 3

Rofl... the skin change stole my packpack.... 2 times XD

• Like 1

All i heard there was you crying about how the game turned out. You know why? CoD Fags, Arma went on sale and all CoD fags got it and made teh community a shoot on sight community.

Stop Bitching, and adapt, thats the whole point of the game. Survival of the Fittest, the ones who adapt the fastest.

Also, he never released a full patch, it was a HOT FIX!!! Hot fixes rarely work he was just trying to be nice and attempted to fix it before the weekend.

^ Again you are crying about something out of our hands. How many ppl do you think Rocket has at this point in time to fix it? He is not with Bohemia yet, once he starts work on the stand alone there will only be patches. Dont expect a handful of ppl to whip out fully working hotfixes, be happy they made dayz you ungrateful bastard.

Skin shouldn't change until you relog, problem solved.

And lol @ 'did you play test last patch'! WE'RE testing it... u,u

• Like 1

All i heard there was you crying about how the game turned out. You know why? CoD Fags, Arma went on sale and all CoD fags got it and made teh community a shoot on sight community.

Stop Bitching, and adapt, thats the whole point of the game. Survival of the Fittest, the ones who adapt the fastest.

Also, he never released a full patch, it was a HOT FIX!!! Hot fixes rarely work he was just trying to be nice and attempted to fix it before the weekend.

^ Again you are crying about something out of our hands. How many ppl do you think Rocket has at this point in time to fix it? He is not with Bohemia yet, once he starts work on the stand alone there will only be patches. Dont expect a handful of ppl to whip out fully working hotfixes, be happy they made dayz you ungrateful bastard.

you know, more people might listen to you if you weren't so abrasive for no apparent reason.

And what the hell is a CoDfag anyway? Me thinks the lady doth protest too much....

• Like 1

The only way to adapt to this skin changing thingy is isolating yourself on some island and hunt boars all day. And that is only until hacker tp to you and kills you until you have -3600000 blood. This is not interesting at all.

I like how ppl blindly support Rocket. Ofc, he did hell of a job on this mod and still does (I hope). But Rocket Defense Force is just laughable. 1 month ago they said "GTFO THIS IS ALPHA KISS ROCKETS FEET FOR PLAYING IT"

Now with standalone announced (which I'm 100% sure happened only because WarZ was announced) they say "GTFO HE'S WORKING ON STANDALONE BIATCH". It reminds me of president election fanatics. Whatever candidate does, they interpret it to suit themselves and throw shit at everyone with another opinion.

Ah I feel your pain, OP. It's awful when a game mechanic chews you up and spits you out, and you're right to raise it as an issue.

Still, I can't help but lol a little as I imagine your frantic attempts to stop your char changing clothes in the middle of a firefight. :)

Have some beans.

Edited by Bottlerocket
  • Like 1

Seems like an unfortunate coincidence more so than an issue with the game itself. I've never known anybody who had the short skin change cause them to lose a firefight. I doubt there's really any chance this would happen to you again any time soon.

The skin changes pisses me right off at the moment, the only way to make sure you're safe is to kill as many humans as possible.

What annoys me the most is when the skin changes it swaps to first person AND my secondary weapon... can't count how many times I've fired in self defence at someone and the skin changes mid combat.

Ah I feel your pain, OP. It's awful when a game mechanic chews you up and spits you out, and you're right to raise it as an issue.

Still, I can't help but lol a little as I imagine your frantic attempts to stop your char changing clothes in the middle of a firefight. :)

Have some beans.

First thing that happens is my heart skips one beat, coz screen flash makes me think I got teleported and will die in mere seconds, lol

Rofl... the skin change stole my packpack.... 2 times XD

Forgot to mention - lost 2 ALICE packs and one Coyote backpack due to this. Annoying as hell, thx for reminding this.

Skin shouldn't change until you relog, problem solved.

And lol @ 'did you play test last patch'! WE'RE testing it... u,u

That's right. We are testing new patch for new bugs. What I was talking about is claiming that graphic artifacts are fixed, while in fact they are not. Everyone who plays for 20 min can find this out, and before releasing new patch, I believe they play it at least once. At least I hope so.

Edited by Rallige

My humanity has never dropped below 2500.

So you're telling me someone came at you with a hatchet. You ran away, aggroed a team full of zombies, found the guy again, sicced an army of zombies on him. And then you grabbed a hatchet and killed him?

Can anyone in the class tell me at what point this guy went from self-defense to murder? Anyone...?

Bueller?

So what happened next - when it actually reached "0" I was in the middle in the firefight, defending my life only to have skins switched again, what was followed by screen flash and "getting my weapon ready" animation, which, ofc, put me into disadvantage and I got killed.

Your skin doesn't change back until you get 2000 humanity.

Unlike half the other morons who just complain because you're posting an honest thread about a problem in the game, I happen to agree fully with the OP.

I haven't had a problem with the skin switch yet, but forcing players to be "good" or "evil" like that and having it reflected in their appearance goes directly against the nature of what made this game so great. Part of the thrill was that when you saw someone else, you had no idea if they were friendly or not (which this change hasn't really helped, it just makes some of the stupid people shut up).

It was that kind of intense moment where you finger is a hair away from the trigger (or left mouse click) and you're trying to decide the intent of the other person that made this game so fun. If you don't want to be killed on sight then stay out of sight. This should be the first rule of survival, especially for solo players.

That's right. We are testing new patch for new bugs. What I was talking about is claiming that graphic artifacts are fixed, while in fact they are not. Everyone who plays for 20 min can find this out, and before releasing new patch, I believe they play it at least once. At least I hope so.

I haven't seen artifacting for a long time... lol. There are a few fixes that you can look up if you haven't already. I was under the impression that it had been fixed though. :S

So far i'm lucky not to be engaged in a fight and lose/win humanity and get my 'skin' changed. But me and my friends stay rather out of sight of people we don't know. I believe experiences like OP had, do ruin the fun in this game.

Also, I still am getting random artifacts at balota, stary, NW, driving to berezino, etc. Usually 'shift' + '-' + 'flush' works. Other times i have to play with vsync settings to get rid of the annoying glitches. My friends, on other hand have the artifacts EVERY time while passing any places I mentioned above and none of the fixes I use or ones posted on the forum work.

Well, have some beans and hope it won't happen again :) And if you get pissed at the game go play sth else - that's what I do :)

I haven't seen artifacting for a long time... lol. There are a few fixes that you can look up if you haven't already. I was under the impression that it had been fixed though. :S

Yeah I have tweaked cnfg files like tutorials that I googled sayed and got rid from pretty much all of them, apart from eastern Chernogorsk block. but not every1 did the tweaking.

My humanity has never dropped below 2500.

So you're telling me someone came at you with a hatchet. You ran away, aggroed a team full of zombies, found the guy again, sicced an army of zombies on him. And then you grabbed a hatchet and killed him?

Can anyone in the class tell me at what point this guy went from self-defense to murder? Anyone...?

Bueller?

Your skin doesn't change back until you get 2000 humanity.

Yeah, I killed the douche. I don't take shit from some COD kiddies and run away and I'm not uncomfortable with that. Coz that cunt could kill smb else and ruin another players (unexperienced, fresh, what could be worse) fun.

On humanity counter - mine pretty much always shows 0, and only shows any alterations for a moment (like -1000smth when I killed that guy). And it always makes all counters (including humanity) 0 when changing skin, as well as swallowing my backpack.

While thing itself is somehow unrealistic and only is getting implemented because of all those whine threads we have here, the way it works screws rather peaceful players like me. Let me tell you situation I had yesterday.

no, thanks, i don't need to know. i stopped reading here and wanted to let you (and others) know that if you try to bring your points across in a way like THAT, you just look like fools. it's your opinion, and your opinion is valid! don't invalidate it by saying like you KNOW WHY THE DEVS DO THINGS. maybe then you'll start a decent discussion instead of reaping posts like mine.

good day.

Hmm, I sort of promised myself I wouldn't respond to these threads anymore, but here we go again.

First off, the graphic glitches have been fixed FOR SOME PEOPLE, myself included, and I'm deeply sorry you are not among those people. But dont go stating things as facts just because of your own bad experience.

Second: "if you are hitting yourself in the head with a hammer and it hurts too much, stop doing it." /translation: if you dont like it, just say 'fuck this' and go do something you do enjoy.

I have not played for a week or so due to certain stuff not working. Tents mainly, cause I'm currently in a situation that I need to setup camp in order to proceed with my survival. No prob, I'll wait for it to get fixed.

Peace.

SD.

This problems with humunity related clothing changes can be easily solved with a skin change only on next login on a server.

Such a server entry check could also delete "not allowed" skripted in equipment.