Sign in to follow this  
DayzSandBox

DayZ FireHack ??

Near Stary Sobor

Was playing on a server I am hoping to call "home". Now I saw this I get nervous...

Is this one of the undocumented features in Dayz, or a damn hacker....

DayZ v 1.7.2.5

A2 Beta Patch 96015

Btw - best game ever!

http://youtu.be/D6cF4ZCaqRM

I don't think its a hack. just a glitch ingame

Happen to me heaps. got out of the game and back in and it was gone

Edited by Northyy

It's a sign of a downed helicopter, not the ones you can loot, but one players crashed (hacked in or legit fixed). The flames stay huge til you actually get close enough to the helicopter to see it, but it seems to stay til a server gets restarted.

I don't think its a hack. just a glitch ingame

Happen to me heaps. got out of the game and back in and it was gone

That's what I thought but logged out for a couple of minutes. Came back in and no change, so I thought I should post.

It's a sign of a downed helicopter, not the ones you can loot, but one players crashed (hacked in or legit fixed). The flames stay huge til you actually get close enough to the helicopter to see it, but it seems to stay til a server gets restarted.

Yeah. Have seen these on youtube, but this 1 is engulfing the whole city ;)

That's what I thought but logged out for a couple of minutes. Came back in and no change, so I thought I should post.

Did you get out of the whole game or just the server.

You need to get out of the game for it to disappear

This, for me it`s gone after a restart only :(

I saw something very similar last night. Thought it was a Northern Lights type thing as it happened at dusk.

Its after someone crashes a script spawned heli. Seen it so many times its stupid

Talked to the guys running the server. And they have been hacked the server is/was filled with hacked loot/vehicle spawns.

Disgusting that someone would void the value of a game in such a way!

Ty all for feedback ;)

Edited by DayZisMySandbox

Seen this in some other videos before. At least one video knew the cause of their case. A player crashed a helicopter. I believe this bug can potentially occur in vanilla ARMA too. Looks pretty at night. From the looks of the vids, the fire is purely asthetic (unharmful to the player) however it lights up an equally phenomenal amount of landscape increasing visibility for players and zombies alike. But don't take me for 100% when I say it can't hurt. Educated guess.

Also it looks pretty at night.

• Like 1

Yes crashed player aircraft, the fire at the wreck is magnified for some players, only a visual bug. The fire doesn't harm you, unless you walk all the way up to the wreck and the fire cooks off. Only way to fix it is to restart the game or maybe to wait for the fire to die out?