TheDee (DayZ)

Rocket and team are Lazy/Incompetent/Do not know what they are doing.

It's alpha, let them work on it.

Geez..

I just want to point out to everyone a fact that everyone seems to miss. Who's fault is it that the game is in the state its in and rocket is not spending all his free time working on stuff for the mod? The answer is very very simple.

Every. Single. One. Of. Us.

Yes, it is our fault. Why is it our fault? Simple. We popularized the game. From youtube videos to word of mouth. We caused the game to go from being entirely a niche game to hitting over a million unique accounts. You know what that does? That draws attention. The more people paying attention to you, the more the demands are. The more the demands are the more you have to start managing the conversation more. The more you have to talk to people.

So everyone upset that Rocket is spending time at conventions and doing interviews and the like? Its your fault he's there. You're part of why the game is so popular. Why theres so much attention being focused on the game. And with that attention there are demands that get placed upon his time that you inflicted upon him with your enjoyment of what he created.

This is why we can't have nice things.

• Like 2

Actually, if you know how to use the editor at all, you can remake this game in a day. The only big thing is the cross server database/inventory

A day? Awesome! Ok SKuD, here's a deal:

How much does your work-day cost? Let's say you're a pro-coder that charges $100 an hour and you put in 10 hours per day.

I'll give you 1000 USD if you can give me a completely original Arma 2 mod that has complete feature parity with DayZ (without the cross server database/inventory) and the same or better level of performance and stability.

Since I'm nice, I'm going to give you the whole weekend to work on it. Deliver the source code and source files for the mod before Monday, and the money is yours!

• Like 2