BL1P

Cheat Zombies for bandits.

Bandits can use zombies as a kind of cheat to see if players are in towns or not.

Zombies only spawn if a player is close or in a town.

Bandits can use that game mechanic to only hunt for players.

By skirting towns and if no zombies then no players.

Zombies should either be on at all times or the radius at which they spawn drastically increased to stop this game glitch that bandits use.

I've personally never been able to get close enough to a village to check its Zed population, without triggering it myself. Even with binocs from a great distance.

Data. Zombies everywhere? Come on' date=' that'd lag like hell.

Also, this trick works both ways

[/quote']

nope that trick only works for bandits as none bandits wouldn't kill a player or use the trick to hunt for another player.

I've personally never been able to get close enough to a village to check its Zed population' date=' without triggering it myself. Even with binocs from a great distance.

[/quote']

I have as the distance to activate is only about 100-200 meters

nope that trick only works for bandits as none bandits wouldn't kill a player or use the trick to hunt for another player.

lolwut

No, you're right. Non-bandits would be completely oblivious to this environmental data, subconsciously refusing to use it on principle because they're such upstanding survivor citizens.

Also: this whole idea is bs. Look at deer stands. I've seen z's wandering around them at the edge of the fog on unpopulated servers. Sure, one of the other 4 people on the server *could* have been wandering around at this particular deerstand in the middle of nowhere, but I doubt it. Z's start spawning at pretty surprising distances.

Hes saying it works both ways, because a survivor can easily use a lack of spawned Zeds to understand the town is safe, or avoid a town because Zeds are walking around.. I've been much further than 400 meters with Zeds spawning, for the record.

lolwut

No' date=' you're right. Non-bandits would be completely oblivious to this environmental data, subconsciously refusing to use it on principle because they're such upstanding survivor citizens.

Also: this whole idea is bs. Look at deer stands. I've seen z's wandering around them at the edge of the fog on unpopulated servers. Sure, one of the other 4 people on the server *could* have been wandering around at this particular deerstand in the middle of nowhere, but I doubt it. Z's start spawning at pretty surprising distances.

[/quote']

lol I never said non bandits would not see the effect.

and as for my self when i see the effect i dont use it but i have had it used on me.

Im just not a fucking 12 year old fuck tard.

zeds dont spawn at long distances just find an empty server and test it for yourself before you say it BS.

as i did

I'm not a bandit but I use it as an indicator if someone is near-by. From my experience zombies start spawning when you or someone else are ~300m away

Hes saying it works both ways' date=' because a survivor can easily use a lack of spawned Zeds to understand the town is safe, or avoid a town because Zeds are walking around.. I've been much further than 400 meters with Zeds spawning, for the record.

[/quote']

Ahh yer true that does work both ways then and is lame aswell.

Not a big deal, that meter works both ways if you're close enough to observe. Not only that but if your stealthy enough they'll never see you!

Not a big deal' date=' that meter works both ways if you're close enough to observe. Not only that but if your stealthy enough they'll never see you!

[/quote']

?

Doesn't matter if your stealthy or not.

Bandits can use this to get an advantage over survivors which is a glitch in the game.

They would not know your there in the first place if the zeds did not only spawn when you are close.

Its an obvious way to glitch the game and im just pointing it out.

and it could be altered to try other things.

instead of only say 300m make it 700m and see what servers need to cope with that.

I realize it would create lag on low end servers but would probably be fine on high end.

maybe a server side setting to let a server choose the distance they spawn at.

c'mon BL1P,viewdistance on all servers is short as a **** if you get close enough to be able tosee the town you will trigger it :D

Bandits can use zombies as a kind of cheat to see if players are in towns or not.

Zombies only spawn if a player is close or in a town.

Bandits can use that game mechanic to only hunt for players.

By skirting towns and if no zombies then no players.

Zombies should either be on at all times or the radius at which they spawn drastically increased to stop this game glitch that bandits use.

And people like me use the same mechanic to avoid towns with people in them... whats your point?

Even if zombies were constant, the bandits would only wait outside towns and check for survivors anyway.

whats your point?

That if zombies where constant or activated sooner the bandits would not be given a glitch to know when a player was in the area..

If ya don't understand that Im sorry for you.

c'mon BL1P' date='viewdistance on all servers is short as a **** if you get close enough to be able tosee the town you will trigger it :D

[/quote']

Seems to be weather related m8.

rather than a server setting.

some days i can see well over a click

I've seen Zeds spawn when I was nearly half a kilometre away. Near empty server. Scouted town. No other players in the town.

Im just not a fucking 12 year old fuck tard.

Yet you cry like one when it comes to banditry