Parnassus

Gun lost when transferring a gun from backpack to replace it

Date/Time: 5/28/2012 23:00 ESt

What happened: My M4 Camo SD vanished when I tried to swap it for a DMR in my backpack

Where you were: ~100m north of Stary Sobor military tents

What you were doing: Sitting on the ground crouched.

*Current installed version: 1.6.0.1

*Server(s) you were on: Virginia 3

*Your system specs:

*Timeline of events before/after error:

-Sneak up to Stary Sobor Military tents

-Move STANAG SD ammo from main inventory to backpack (M4 still in hands)

-Click chevron to move DMR to main inventory

-Use scope to make sure the tents are safe

-Start raging your balls off upon realizing that the gun you spent a week at barracks trying to get has magically disappeared and you only got to use it for an hour

i just found mp5sd and a m1014 and an ak i wanted to put the mp5sd in my bag and tha ak in my hands but the mp5sd just disapeard when i tried to put it in my back so i tried again with the m1014 and same thing happend. it's really lame when you find gorgious weapons to find out you can't take a spare weapon for your friend

You can t put a rifle size gun in a backpack if you have less than 10 slots, drop on ground first. arma bug, and, yes, we all got it ^^

You can t put a rifle size gun in a backpack if you have less than 10 slots' date=' drop on ground first. arma bug, and, yes, we all got it ^^

[/quote']

That's not what happened here - a gun was moved _from_ the backpack. Normally that results in the gun in hands and the gun in backpack trading places, instead the gun in hands was destroyed.

That's not what happened here - a gun was moved _from_ the backpack. Normally that results in the gun in hands and the gun in backpack trading places' date=' instead the gun in hands was destroyed.

[/quote']

It's glitchy, best to stay safe. I usually drop BOTH weapons onto the ground (before I drop em, I drop another item so I can access the "gear" and then I drop both weapons). After that, I put the weapon on my pack first, and only then I take the weapon on my hands. It's a bit longer to do it this way, but you won't risk anything.

I had at one point, an M249 with 3 boxes of ammo. In my backpack I had an mp5sd with 4 mags. I had dropped the M249, and it laid on the ground with all of its ammo perfectly. I then equipped the mp5sd, and everything was dandy.

Then the server crashed.

I logged back in, and I had the M249 with ammo, and the mp5sd in my bag with the 4 mags. So I tried it again, except this time the M249 and ammo all magically disappeared when I dropped it. Running latest arma 2 beta and dayz 1.7.