Sign in to follow this  
Mphlol

Spawn with a Map

Map Spawn  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should you spawn with a map?

Hello,

This topic is going to be discussing the suggestion of spawning with a map. I'm going to be discussing the positive and negative effects that could come from spawning with a map. At least, I'm going to think of all the positive and negative things I can about spawning with a map. I encourage you to give your feedback on positive effects and/or negative effects that I may not mention.

Firstly, I would like to discuss the positive effects of being able to spawn with a map. First and for most, it's obvious. The most positive thing is that, well, simply, you get to spawn with a map, which is very beneficial to everyone. Spawning with a map will make it a lot easier for new players to find there way in the vast island we call Chernarus. Also, being able to spawn with a map will make things incredibly more convenient for players to meet up with their friends. Currently, meeting up with your friends is tedious and can become frustrating and annoying. Spawning with a map would also be a fairly minuscule item to spawn with compared to the others. You spawn with a back pack, a bandage, painkillers and even a flashlight. That being said, a map is a lot more realistic to spawn with than painkillers or a flashlight. Now that we're on the topic of realism, I would like to look at the negative effects that may come into effect if you started to spawn with a map.

Secondly, spawning with a map will have it's negative effects. Spawning with anything besides a backpack is simply unrealistic in it'self. There will always be players that like to play hardcore and there will always be players who are just looking to have some fun with their friends. Perhaps knowing where you're going might conflict with these two different play styles and might even turn out to be something that benefits one play style over another. I can't find many negative things to say about spawning with a map without forcing myself to go into the "Hardcore, hipster, QQ moar, game is 2 ez" type of player.

Lastly, I'm sure I missed out on a lot points from both the positive and negative effects of spawning with a map and I urge everyone who reads this post to submit their opinion and/or their thoughts in a reply below.

Thank you all for reading!

Edited by Mphlol

Hell, I don't even think you should be told where you spawn when you start up. The idea is that death needs to feel like it has weight to it, It's been stated as such by the developers. I think one of the greatest things about the game is that initial disorientation you feel when you realize how big the world around you is, and you don't know the first thing about which direction you need to go to find supplies to survive. So you just pick a direction and hope to hit a town or something where you can find some kind of crude way of defending yourself. You don't find that enjoyable?

You really dont need a map. Once you learn how to spot the main landmarks and cities you can navigate without one. I have one, but I really dont even use it, a compass is a more useful too honestly.

Edited by oWARLOCKo

coyote patrol packs when spawning simply defeats the purpose of czech vest pouches hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I didn't find a map for two weeks. The game feels completely different when you don't know what you're looking at and you'll eventually start to feel your way around, recognizing landmarks, towns. Road signs. Constellations. The direction the sun is moving at a certain time of day.

I really wish people wouldn't cheat by looking this stuff up online when it comes to this sort of thing since the map design is absolutely beautiful and intuitive (thanks, BI). They won't appreciate anything going on around them when they get to slap together everything and skip right to the looting. It loses its context and meaning.

You should spawn next to a working heli.

I voted yes simply because it doesn't matter, nobody uses the in game map anyway aside from drawing retarded shit on it.

Everyone tabs out and looks up loot maps and other game breaking stuff, pointless poll is pointless.