Sign in to follow this  
johanwojo

I need help!

Hello!

I am pretty new to dayz and I am having alot of trouble. I constantly die without finding anything. The best I have done is that I found an ak, but died right when i got it. I have no clue where to go. If I ever go into a town, I get chased by zombies almost instantly. Most often, I run randomly and find nothing valuable. If I ever have a zombie chasing me, it seems like the only thing to do is to let it kill me and start a new character. This always is happening because I can't find a gun. Can anyone give me som advice on where I should go, and other things that would help?

Use this frequently, it's helpful for learning the map and spawns:

http://www.dayzdb.com/map#2.065.087

Start off by head-shotting zombies for a couple lives to get your confidence up, then move into the cities for PvP. You'll learn the map in time! Until then, just practice moving, shooting, and your inventory :)

• Like 1

hello i am new to this game as well put as i know off the best tactics is too be carefull and dont rush into towns or into zombies crouch and prone round and try get into buildings to find loot, if u do get chased by zombies run into forest i think they give up and also team up with people on there so you are sticking round with a person all the time less chance of dying

• Like 1

thanks! And also, is there a way to find out where you've spawned? That way the map will be more helpful :)

i know you have to press m on keyboard but i think u got to find a map not 100% sure, i will be happy to play with u one time together make both of us get better at the game since we both new

thanks! And also, is there a way to find out where you've spawned? That way the map will be more helpful :)

When you spawn in the info bar will briefly tell you where you are. If you want the map to show you where you are you'll need to play on Recruit level servers.

i know you have to press m on keyboard but i think u got to find a map not 100% sure, i will be happy to play with u one time together make both of us get better at the game since we both new

Oooh, that sound's like a future betrayal just waiting to happen :D

Edited by Bare Thrylls
  • Like 1

Familiarize yourself with the surroundings and look for land marks that might show up on the map.

Also, when I restart I find it a lot easier to run from zombies and lose them when entering/exiting buildings. Get to know which buildings are enterable, and which have multiple exits that you could potentially lose zombies in. (Zombies can only walk inside of buildings.)

When you spawn in the info bar will briefly tell you where you are. If you want the map to show you where you are you'll need to play on Recruit level servers.

Not necessarily true. Admins can adjust the config file so that even veteran and elite servers have the marker on the map - you will still need to find a map on all server difficulties though.

Edited by Maroite

Hey Im new too and I will teamup with you guys aswell, msg me

actually since you can risk a character that has NOTHING to begin with, you dont need to sneak around. you can literally run through buildings and streets and if they chase you, run away. you dont just lose them if they 'give up', because they wont. they have to lose line of site. use trees, shrubbery, buildings, etc and you can lose them. also, inside buildings they have to walk..they cannot run in the current mod (until standalone because of the limitations to Arma AI).

best way to learn, watch youtube newbie videos and team up with someone you trust. and TRUST no one. literally..no one. the game is not hard against Zeds, i have yet to die from one. Ive died 15 times or so from players who either shoot first and ask later, or are simply into killing players. stay off roads. dont run at night (snipers love noisy easy targets), and for the love of god dont go shooting an AK in a small enclosed area or town. you will have a HORDE after you. and if youre a terrible shot or low on ammo, thats bad.

Not necessarily true. Admins can adjust the config file so that even veteran and elite servers have the marker on the map - you will still need to find a map on all server difficulties though.

Oh, OK, thanks I did not know that myself.