Sign in to follow this  
jordeezz

Tired of complaints about being player killed

I am tired of people complaining about being player killed too much. This mod is supposed to simulate how a zombie apocalypse would go down. Do you complainers honestly expect most people to be friendly in an apocalypse, where civilization is practically gone. Where there is no law, no order. No, in an apocalypse almost everybody would shoot you on sight, either to protect themselves or the ones they love. Nobody is going to hold your hand, they don't know you, therefore they shouldn't trust you. Stop crying, grow up, learn to play smart and protect yourself.

I agree. Enough of the "oh fuck player killing is everywhere"

stfu and make a group of friends IRL.

I agree. Enough of the "oh fuck player killing is everywhere"

stfu and make a group of friends IRL.

I know, honestly people need to grow up. This game is meant to challenge your morals, and how far you are willing to go to survive. If people don't like that, then leave.

I think one of the biggest issues with this topic is this part...

This mod is supposed to simulate how a zombie apocalypse would go down.

People state that realism is key, the reason people kill in cold blood in the game is because it's 'realistic', it's survival of the fittest, etc etc.

My argument is this. In real life, you don't respawn! One thing i've noticed since the removal of bandit clothing (not saying it is the problem, just stating i've noticed it more since then) is that a majority of people shoot first and ask questions later, MOST of them being fresh starters with a makrov and a few flares. And the reason for this? They have nothing to lose! So what if you die, you get back up and start over. But if you kill that guy with a better gun with you, hell, more chance of survival! In real life, if you spot a guy with a semi-automatic and NVG, and all you have is a crappy pistol, you duck under the bush and hope to HELL he doesn't see you. Reason being, he can kill you better than you can kill him, and when you're dead that's it!

Bandits are not the problem with the game. The problem is the LACK of realism. Just my 2c.

"The problem is the LACK of realism. Just my 2c."

At the end of the day it's still a game that people enjoy playing, so what are you suggesting? You die and you can't play anymore for some set time period? That's laughable.

I think one of the biggest issues with this topic is this part...

This mod is supposed to simulate how a zombie apocalypse would go down.

People state that realism is key' date=' the reason people kill in cold blood in the game is because it's 'realistic', it's survival of the fittest, etc etc.

My argument is this. In real life, you don't respawn! One thing i've noticed since the removal of bandit clothing (not saying it is the problem, just stating i've noticed it more since then) is that a majority of people shoot first and ask questions later, MOST of them being fresh starters with a makrov and a few flares. And the reason for this? They have nothing to lose! So what if you die, you get back up and start over. But if you kill that guy with a better gun with you, hell, more chance of survival! In real life, if you spot a guy with a semi-automatic and NVG, and all you have is a crappy pistol, you duck under the bush and hope to HELL he doesn't see you. Reason being, he can kill you better than you can kill him, and when you're dead that's it!

Bandits are not the problem with the game. The problem is the LACK of realism. Just my 2c.

[/quote']

If this turns into one of those "perma-kill" or "wait for 3 days before spawn" then I'm gonna puke.

Two sides of the coin, the guy with the pro gear won't always win the fight, the smarter/more aware player will. If the guy with NVGs is so pro he should be staying away from the noob areas, or be prepared to be gunned down by a Makarov.

Illiterate people with poor nutrition, minimal skills, who are widely regarded as backwards 3rd worlders manage to kill the most experienced and well equipped soldiers in the world everyday in Afganistan.

Im tired of 'Im tired of complaints about PVP' posts.

I'm just stating my opinion, and I haven't really seen any posts other then my own complaining about people who complain about the topic(paradox.) Anyways, with that being said, people still need to grow the fuck up. And no, it should not turn into a perma-kill game, that would basically kill any fun.

"The problem is the LACK of realism. Just my 2c."

At the end of the day it's still a game that people enjoy playing' date=' so what are you suggesting? You die and you can't play anymore for some set time period? That's laughable.

[/quote']

I'm not suggesting any such thing, just stating that I think this is where the problem lies. As for the solution, everyones guess is as good as mine, maybe there isn't one?

And i'm not saying that people with less skills and equipment can't or won't kill the opposing, in the end it is survival of the fittest. Simply stating that IRL most people do think of the consequences of getting in a gun fight, but in game there is no real need to do this.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining about bandits or player kills or any of it. If it weren't for the players the game would be boring, zombies are a side-act IMHO, like an annoying itch, I enjoy the hunt and survival of pvp. I just think the reason players ARE complaining is because it is an issue with the design of a "realistic" zombie survival game where you come back to life.

I am tired of people complaining over and over again saying the same things over and over again and caring so much about what other players complain about like it really matters.

You do realise most of the players who dislike this game will leave right?

Why do you then try and help them and keep them playing? Do you simply enjoy hearing complaints?

If the guy with NVGs is so pro he should be staying away from the noob areas' date=' or be prepared to be gunned down by a Makarov.[/quote']

This is not always the case. My group came across a survivor last night well in the north of the map, a good hours run from the closest coast, and all he had was a makarov and flares.

If the guy with NVGs is so pro he should be staying away from the noob areas' date=' or be prepared to be gunned down by a Makarov.[/quote']

This is not always the case. My group came across a survivor last night well in the north of the map, a good hours run from the closest coast, and all he had was a makarov and flares.

And still nothing changes. If you're pro, act like it. Hubris is deadly.

And still nothing changes. If you're pro, act like it. Hubris is deadly.

I wasn't saying it changes anything, just that it's not always a players choice of location that will determine whether or not they can be gunned down by a fresh character.

Regardless, I think you're disregarding my real argument, which is there is no reason to think twice about shooting other players. In a zombie apocalypse, survivors still think, and make choices to stay alive. Some will kill, others will band together, because at least half the threat is zombies. In a game where death is meaningless and zombies are less threatening than falling down some stairs, the only threat is other people, so the only thing worth doing is killing them all. :D

The comunity is going to shit.... you honestly cant trust anyone anymore thats not on TS with you... I usually stay away from the coast and cities however I had been reading and hearing all the wtf its just a deathmatch now threads the last few days/week so today i decided I would try and see how tough it was and befriend a few and maybe get a group going which used to be pretty easy......

I got shot in the back 5 times today... each time I either had saved someone or had the drop on someone and let them go to talk then turned back on them as we started talking... biggest disapointment was had been talking/bsing with a guy for a while and meet up with him and save another from some Zs dropping some with them and soon as the Z threat was gone... Blam shot in the face.

It is honestly pretty bad out here right now if you dont know them IRL they dont seem to care... Another laughable death on a respawn headed toward nearest barn on approach got asked if friendly.. I said yes... them Blam shot in the face... why even ask if friendly lol?

I dont care too much about death... or getting killed but the fact is currently no one gives two shits about their fellow man its a every man for himself attitude if your not rolling with RL/TS/Squad etc...

Im all about bandits and killing and other players are truly the real threat and what add suspence and ive done my share of killing however... shit has gotten just plain lame right now... you just dont shoot a mother fucker in the back that just saved your life or that you have been talking too for no fucking reason.... if someone gets the drop on you and lets you live and talks to you you dont turn around and blast them in the face after they bandage you. Ohwell guess the whole "honor among thieves" is gone.. Maybe im just getting to fucking old or soft for these kinda games used to think Hardcore/extreme was only way to play but there is just not a single drop of decency left

I can handle getting sniped from a mile all day... getting blasted by some camper as I enter a building... but fighting off a horde of Zs with someone then bandaging them and sharing ammo/food to only get blasted in the face even after talking in VOIP has just made me think its pointless.

Anyways enougth of my old man bitching... Yes everyones complaing boo hoo.. QQ... and a fucking Carebears, tasty tears and all.. However I challenege anyone else who thinks the comunity has not changed... attempt to befriend a stranger anymore... those days are gone.

:)

The comunity is going to shit.... you honestly cant trust anyone anymore thats not on TS with you... I usually stay away from the coast and cities however I had been reading and hearing all the wtf its just a deathmatch now threads the last few days/week so today i decided I would try and see how tough it was and befriend a few and maybe get a group going which used to be pretty easy......

I got shot in the back 5 times today... each time I either had saved someone or had the drop on someone and let them go to talk then turned back on them as we started talking... biggest disapointment was had been talking/bsing with a guy for a while and meet up with him and save another from some Zs dropping some with them and soon as the Z threat was gone... Blam shot in the face.

It is honestly pretty bad out here right now if you dont know them IRL they dont seem to care... Another laughable death on a respawn headed toward nearest barn on approach got asked if friendly.. I said yes... them Blam shot in the face... why even ask if friendly lol?

I dont care too much about death... or getting killed but the fact is currently no one gives two shits about their fellow man its a every man for himself attitude if your not rolling with RL/TS/Squad etc...

Im all about bandits and killing and other players are truly the real threat and what add suspence and ive done my share of killing however... shit has gotten just plain lame right now... you just dont shoot a mother fucker in the back that just saved your life or that you have been talking too for no fucking reason.... if someone gets the drop on you and lets you live and talks to you you dont turn around and blast them in the face after they bandage you. Ohwell guess the whole "honor among thieves" is gone.. Maybe im just getting to fucking old or soft for these kinda games used to think Hardcore/extreme was only way to play but there is just not a single drop of decency left

I can handle getting sniped from a mile all day... getting blasted by some camper as I enter a building... but fighting off a horde of Zs with someone then bandaging them and sharing ammo/food to only get blasted in the face even after talking in VOIP has just made me think its pointless.

Anyways enougth of my old man bitching... Yes everyones complaing boo hoo.. QQ... and a fucking Carebears' date=' tasty tears and all.. However I challenege anyone else who thinks the comunity has not changed... attempt to befriend a stranger anymore... those days are gone.

:)

[/quote']

As I was saying, don't trust anyone and you'll have nothing to complain about. Problem solved. Now go out and kill everyone who you don't personally know.

I am tired of people complaining about being player killed too much. This mod is supposed to simulate how a zombie apocalypse would go down. Do you complainers honestly expect most people to be friendly in an apocalypse' date=' where civilization is practically gone. Where there is no law, no order. No, in an apocalypse almost everybody would shoot you on sight, either to protect themselves or the ones they love. Nobody is going to hold your hand, they don't know you, therefore they shouldn't trust you. Stop crying, grow up, [/size']learn to play smart and protect yourself.

You have a very distored view of reality if you think everyone is going to get the nearest gun and immediately shoot everyone they see.

There would obviously be bandits in the post-apocalyptic world, thats a given. However I'd wager quite a bit that the majority of people would stick together with whoever other survivors they find. Apart from the whole psycological aspect of it, more people > more chance of survival.

I am tired of people complaining about being player killed too much. This mod is supposed to simulate how a zombie apocalypse would go down. Do you complainers honestly expect most people to be friendly in an apocalypse' date=' where civilization is practically gone. Where there is no law, no order. No, in an apocalypse almost everybody would shoot you on sight, either to protect themselves or the ones they love. Nobody is going to hold your hand, they don't know you, therefore they shouldn't trust you. Stop crying, grow up, [/size']learn to play smart and protect yourself.

You have a very distored view of reality if you think everyone is going to get the nearest gun and immediately shoot everyone they see.

Maybe, but at least I'm not alone. Go read a post-apocalyptic book like the road or watch a movie like the Book OF Eli and you'll clearly see that this is the case. It may not be a pretty thought, but it's the cold, hard truth.

Maybe, but at least I'm not alone. Go read a post-apocalyptic book like the road or watch a movie like the Book OF Eli and you'll clearly see that this is the case. It may not be a pretty thought, but it's the cold, hard truth.

Oh... a Book and a movie told you so... I see so your basis for reality is based on books and movies :) Point taken!! :)

Oh... a Book and a movie told you so... I see so your basis for reality is based on books and movies :) Point taken!! :)

Where else do you expect me to draw my conclusions from? It hasn't become a reality yet, so the only conclusions I can make are from famous adaptations of the subject. Seriously though, I just don't see how people think the majority would be friendly if this situation became reality. Sure, maybe at first people would be friendly, and they would be the first to die.

...attempt to befriend a stranger anymore... those days are gone.

I definitely agree with your post, it's unfortunate but true. However, there is still a small amount of hope. Perfect example, was making a run into Electro the other day with a few RL friends, and had someone sneak up behind us and catch two of us by surprise. He could have killed us then and there, but illustrated his intentions. He joined our group (balls of steel for 1 to join 4) and helped defend from some Zs as we all raided the fire station. He took his fair share of loot, then decided he was off.

Later that evening we were looting the hospital and noticed a group of survivors in the school opposite us, at this stage both groups had hordes of zombies causing issues. Fortunately for us, our recent acquaintance had joined their group! We sorted a cease fire across the buildings, informed each other of the where-abouts of z's and in the end both groups got out of town peacefully.

A few days later we were out in the wilderness and came across two survivors being chased by a LOT of z's. We watched patiently to see the outcome, and as one of them fell we noticed he was the guy that chose not to kill us in cold blood. We took out the remaining zombies, gave him blood and got him back on his feet, and helped his friend escape the few zombies still chasing him. He thanked us and we parted ways.

There is still hope, there are players out there that think before they act, and aren't just in it for the thrill of killing other players. Unfortunately, these days they're just as rare as a threatening zombie.

There is still hope' date=' there are players out there that think before they act, and aren't just in it for the thrill of killing other players. Unfortunately, these days they're just as rare as a threatening zombie.

[/quote']

Yeah, Rocket needs to fix the zombies. Make them greater in numbers, stronger, and make them only as fast as the player.

As I was saying' date=' don't trust anyone and you'll have nothing to complain about. Problem solved. Now go out and kill everyone who you don't personally know.

[/quote']

This is becoming the global attitude now. Kill everyone you don't know. Eventually you'll kill those people that are trying to be friendly enough times to give them the same attitude, and soon enough the game really will be Team Death Match.

For those of you arguing about The Road or The Book of Eli, there have been times in human civilization when society collapsed. In every case, small communities of people gathered together and began to rebuild. This "every man for himself" as a given is a steaming pile of horse shit. If that is what YOU choose, so be it, but don't pretend you are just playing realistically.

Some of you should read some more history.

This is becoming the global attitude now. Kill everyone you don't know. Eventually you'll kill those people that are trying to be friendly enough times to give them the same attitude' date=' and soon enough the game really will be Team Death Match.

[/quote']

Yeah, but that's just the way it has to be. That's why I only trust people I know in real life, that way I can be totally certain I won't be killed by someone I thought was friendly. It's a dog eat dog world, and I'm just trying to ensure that I'm the alpha dog.

This is becoming the global attitude now. Kill everyone you don't know. Eventually you'll kill those people that are trying to be friendly enough times to give them the same attitude' date=' and soon enough the game really will be Team Death Match.

[/quote']

Yeah, but that's just the way it has to be. That's why I only trust people I know in real life, that way I can be totally certain I won't be killed by someone I thought was friendly. It's a dog eat dog world, and I'm just trying to ensure that I'm the alpha dog.

That will be your downfall.....