Sign in to follow this  
jamestrendall

Complete reset of server question for DayZ team.

Hello so i have been trying to figure out how to do a complete reset on a server as the place is littered with tents barbed wire ect..... and removing them does nothing as upon an automatic server restart everything is back in its last location!

I have contacted the server host provider and they say they are not allowed to reset server's its down to the DayZ Team, So i was woundering if its an easy task to have the server completely wiped fresh so its like a brand new server no tents no barbed wire no vehicles nothing untill vehicles spawn atleast on that part lol.

If i have to pay for the server to be wiped im more then happy to pay that fee to clear up un'used tents tents that seem to dup items even when you empty the tents take the tent down ect.... as upon the restart the items from said tent are in my back pack and the tent, But the same tent is back with all items back in, Everything has been doubled. I have try'd blowing up tents running them over taking them down replacing tents and saving them but it happens everytime i cant seem to get rid of them,

The same thing happens with barbed wire, Someone decided to place over 30 barbed wire at the power plant in electro firestation i spent an hour removing them only to log in the next day to find they have all respawned,

This is why i ask for a complete server reset, as its getting beyond a joke. I would of corse clear it with all regulars that play on the server first and ask if its all ok, If they agree then i will be paying any fee needed to reset the server,

Could a DayZ dev/mod please either confirm that it is or isn't possible to do this, Or if there is plans to wipe all servers in a future update?

Regards James.

/bump this is annoying.. In fact if.. IF you are still playing DayZ chances are you are only doing it for PVP in major cities or airfileds.. most of those playing for survival have found something else to do irl.. which might not be a bad thing.

/bump this is annoying.. In fact if.. IF you are still playing DayZ chances are you are only doing it for PVP in major cities or airfileds.. most of those playing for survival have found something else to do irl.. which might not be a bad thing.

Exactly, I have spent most of my time either trying to find a way to reset the server back to factory settings, Or i have been out in the sun with my son down the local paddling pool. But once i come online in the evening i decide i might go and see if i can find anything new...... Nope...... Ok to electro/cherno to do some bambi hunting/ give away some stuff.

I have purposely run up to players with hordes of zombies said hey over direct chat and carryed on running leaving them with a big trail of zed's to deal with, I need to start the game over again see if i can survive only on skilisty island and still get kills.

Edited by JamesTrendall

Try to ask your provider to change the id of the server, that will do the trick but you will lost the name of the server, because without the help from the devs that is the only way.

Edited by Chocospam