Freshling

Purpose Of a Tent?

seems like most people link them with bandits and traps,

Can someone tell me what they are used for/ do?

and how do you pitch one?:)

Thanks, -Doug

• Like 1

Think of em as a Locker to put things in.

To pitch a tent you, sadly, need to spam it a bit. Open your inventory (g) and right click then left click the command to pitch the tent. It'll tell you it needs a clear area, ignore this. Take a step forward and do it again then take another step and try to set it up again...repeat until it works.

If your intent is to hide gear, you'll want to setup the tent in an area that sees little to no traffic...and also try to do it under one of those nice pine trees with the leaves/limbs at the bottom. If you do it right you can put a tent up so it's very well hidden.

Ped is spot on, just want to add one thing. Tents are savable, and remain on the server you placed it. However, as of right now, they are only savable once, so make sure you have all the item you want to keep in there before you save; or you'll lose them all on a server restart.

Think of em as a Locker to put things in.

To pitch a tent you, sadly, need to spam it a bit. Open your inventory (g) and right click then left click the command to pitch the tent. It'll tell you it needs a clear area, ignore this. Take a step forward and do it again then take another step and try to set it up again...repeat until it works.

If your intent is to hide gear, you'll want to setup the tent in an area that sees little to no traffic...and also try to do it under one of those nice pine trees with the leaves/limbs at the bottom. If you do it right you can put a tent up so it's very well hidden.

Thanks for the help, if you die does your stuff save?

Hello. So,

I got a bunch of questions.

Tents will not disappear after the restart, right?

When I die, will tent disappear? If yes, can I somehow save it from disappearing?

Can I join another server and still have my tent on another? If I die on another server, will be the process of disappearing the same?

Thanks for helping guys,

glhf.

1. They can, but it will come back after another restart. Also, spam save your tents.

2. I believe so, after 2 days. Save it to reset the timer I think. Or just every time you die.

3. Not 100%

I'm going to start giving WARNINGS to people who start Topics when there is no need.

There is a SEARCH function / tool,,, use it.

The Forums are under a heavy charge, starting / adding a Topic when there is already more than one on the same subject and often on the same page, is not helping in anyway whatsoever.

I'm going to start giving WARNINGS to people who start Topics when there is no need.

The Forums are under a heavy charge, starting / adding a Topic when there is already more than one on the same subject and often on the same page, is not helping in anyway whatsoever.

sorry, was just asking a question, sorry for making one mistake if im new?? theres no need to make a big show cus you can.. delete the post then if im not aloud to ask a question?

Hello,

I got a bunch of Questions:

How long lasts the tent?

If I die, will it disappear? Can I somehow stop the process of disappearing - like running to the tent & saving it again?

Thanks.

the tent will disapear after 7 days of inactivity.

sorry, was just asking a question, sorry for making one mistake if im new?? theres no need to make a big show cus you can.. delete the post then if im not aloud to ask a question?

Read what I wrote, you have 41 posts, you know how a Forum works and I'm not doing anything to "make a big show cus you can"

Go to the SEARCH tab /advanced /Titles only/ and type Tents ::: oh look *ucking hundreds of tents...

Do you want me to rub your nose in it ?

http://dayzmod.com/f...ch&fromsearch=1

I will repeat for those that did not understand...................

Edited by Boneboys

Yes, you can save other tents aswell such as vehicles, you can however not "pick it up" and re-pitch it. Only the one that have placed it (with his current life). Even tho you own it, you don't own it, if you died that is. :P hope it answered you question.