Acoustic (DayZ)

US2006, KevinJ - A Message

KevinJ you are quite the admin, I must say.

August 14th, late at night. Using global chat to pick people up in his chopper. He tells people to throw flares and he will come land and pick you up.

Me and my buddy, in Ghillies. I have a AS50 TWS. The guy says he sees our flares.

KevinJ says if anyone shoots the chopper, that there will be no more rides for tonight. Little does he know, I don't plan on just shooting the chopper - I plan on blowing it up.

Suddenly, a small sound begins on my speakers. The chopper is approaching. I pull up the thermal sights and see the helicopter hovering. I pull out my rangefinders, and set my AS50 to a sweet 500.

Bang.Bang.Bang.Bang.

4 Shots from my 5 Round NATO mags. I see the chopper floating innocently, and then "KevinJ Has Been Killed". Marvelous, I just shot a pilot out of his chopper. #1 Sniper NA, thanks.

I disconnect, unaware if KevinJ was hacking to use global chat or an admin. I see the *ADMIN* tag next to his name in player lobby, and me and my buddy start laughing.

We just blew up the admins chopper. Shit!

KevinJ, however, did not restart the server instantly as I expected. Quite the fair player and would like to leave that here. Excellent job!

4 Shots from my 5 Round NATO mags. I see the chopper floating innocently, and then "KevinJ Has Been Killed". Marvelous, I just shot a pilot out of his chopper. #1 Sniper NA, thanks.

I disconnect, unaware if KevinJ was hacking to use global chat or an admin. I see the *ADMIN* tag next to his name in player lobby, and me and my buddy start laughing.

So you shot, killed then disconnected...

You go girl. :rolleyes:

What a dick move, sir. I mean I will fight against all of the "I hate PvP/I hate snipers/I hate kill on sight" people to make sure the game remains with mechanics that will allow you to continue to do what you just did. The game shouldn't dictate who/what you can kill. But, still, that was just plain mean to do. Especially with something as high value as a helicopter when all he was trying to do was ferry around some of his servers' players and get them a chance to ride in a chopper :(

For example, I admin a server and just got a bus the other night. My first thought was about how it'd be fun to ferry newspawns or anyone else around a bit and just try and get some people to experience vehicles given their rarity. But, I knew I would never do it because someone like you would detonate my bus on sight :P from out in the trees. Like that admin, I wouldn't kick/ban anyone for doing that to my bus or restart the server to try and get it back. The bus' flames would be put out with my tears, though. What happens in the game, happens. And the ability to detonate someones vehicles in game for no reason SHOULD stay possible. It's just a real dick move and a shame that you chose to do it to someone just trying to give people on his server a fun time. This thread makes me sad :(

• Like 1

Yep pretty sad stuff, and then u post on the forum thinking your the man, when u just showed us all that ur a dick.

Oh no, people don't like me for being a bandit :(

I don't disconnect in firefights. To be honest I was expecting a hacker to kill everyone in spite of someone fucking with his chopper. Once I went to lobby I logged right back in since I seen it was an admin. The guy was using global chat so I was under the impression it was a hacker-kiddie.

I also didn't post this on the forum to brag, I was mainly posting because there is no side channel on that server and I was hoping the admin would see this and know that I give him props for not being a bitch. If I see him again I won't shoot, the guy has earned my respect. To be clear I really thought he was a hacker. I wasn't aware admins could even use global chat, so... :(

Edited by Acoustic