Kingsix (DayZ)

Starting at the beach again and angain and.... final blow to this game

Why is there no official word on this issue. I mean this is the final blow to the game. I made my way up to sobor just to find myself starting at the beach everytime i log in. WTF???

not another 'final blow' we are bearly recovering from the last one

• Like 7

If you're on the newest patch 1.7.2.5, then yes. It's a known problem. Had the samething happen to me. My private hive server reverted back to 1.7.2.4 for reasons like this and many others.

It's happening on 1.7.2.4 as well.

My only advice is find a stable server and stay only on that one server. It seems to be a problem with changing servers, especially if you get stuck at a "loading" screen and have to close the program and log in again.

mean this is the final blow to the game

lol idk why people are STILL acting like this is a complete full release game they paid $60 for. You got it for free, don't complain too much. It's in Alpha. Welcome to DayZ.

Final blow for short tempted people like you maybe. But I will stick with it as I love Day Z and the gaming experience it offers me, no matter how hard it is to get in game and no matter what I die from, whether that be hackers or enemy players.

• Like 1

Happened to me for the first time last night. I was up near Vybor when I lost connection to the server I was in. I found a new server and I spawned on the coast in Elektro. Made my way back up north and had to leave for a while. Came back, respawned on the coast.

I'm probably just going to shoot axe men until this is sorted.

• Like 1

It's happening on 1.7.2.4 as well.

My only advice is find a stable server and stay only on that one server. It seems to be a problem with changing servers, especially if you get stuck at a "loading" screen and have to close the program and log in again.

Well problem is that you can`t really stay on one server. Servers are empty sometimes or got hacked. You have to change servers. Man this really sucks! I mean there is no sense in going inland anymore.

Final blow for short tempted people like you maybe. But I will stick with it as I love Day Z and the gaming experience it offers me, no matter how hard it is to get in game and no matter what I die from, whether that be hackers or enemy players.

Beans given

deal with it lol, I just like it as I keep seeing sniper noobs QQ saying they cant find there tent of campyness! :D

Well, I came back even though I got killed by Hackers a dozen times (not by players), but wandering 10 times up north and waking up at the beach everytime I start playing again is ridicolous. I mean maybe you like wasting your time without having an actual challenging game experience.

Edited by Kingsix

Well problem is that you can`t really stay on one server. Servers are empty sometimes or got hacked. You have to change servers. Man this really sucks! I mean there is no sense in going inland anymore.

Or get on a private hive server where people can't log off when they see you on a hill sniping, log into another server and teleport behind you. Duplicating and hacking is quite a bit better as well. Plus the community is much nicer. People that are hacking dicks get banned. That simple.

THIS IS NOT A "PROBLEM"

THIS IS INTENDED - ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN

They added this "feature" to discourage server-jumping assassins, combat loggers and server hopping farmers.

Basically if you log in and out too soon (10 minutes) you will be spawned at the coast. The only two times this sucks is A) when you get frozen at "LOADING..." or if you are DC'd moments after logging in.

Basically if you are in game and log out, you will need to wait ten minutes to log back in.

Thats it, pretty simple. I know it can be annoying but it is not the end of the world.

The problem here is that your switching between 1.7.2.4 and 1.7.2.5 servers thus loosing your postioning on the map and reverts to spawn u on coast.....

all you gotta do is make usr eu stay on the same build version whn u change servers

THIS IS NOT A "PROBLEM"

They added this "feature" to discourage server-jumping assassins, combat loggers and server hopping farmers.

Basically if you log in and out too soon (10 minutes) you will be spawned at the coast. The only two times this sucks is A) when you get frozen at "LOADING..." or if you are DC'd moments after logging in.

Basically if you are in game and log out, you will need to wait ten minutes to log back in.

Thats it, pretty simple. I know it can be annoying but it is not the end of the world.

I have only seen speculation to this effect.

Source?

THIS IS NOT A "PROBLEM"

If this is true tell me where this information is coming from? Especially the "10 minutes" rule? Are you guessing this? I logged out this morning and did not play for 5 hours. I logged in after 5 hours (diffrent server) and started at coast - again. 5 hours is clearly more then 10 minutes.

The problem here is that your switching between 1.7.2.4 and 1.7.2.5 servers thus loosing your postioning on the map and reverts to spawn u on coast.....

all you gotta do is make usr eu stay on the same build version whn u change servers

Well have you tested this?

I'm not sure anyone has proved out what events actually result in your character appearing at spawn. Anecdotally, I was moved to spawn after playing a few hours on a server, logged on to another server the next day, couldn't get in and was stuck at "Loading", found another server, and I was at spawn.

I'll also add that I think BattlEye is at least part of the problem. I had a friend in the server and right when I got to the "Loading" screen, my friend saw that BattlEye tossed me 'cause it couldn't connect.

Right now I'm only using two servers exclusively, both on 1.7.2.5, and I have not had any further issues.

• Like 1

Not true

Not true just checked my DAYZ Commander log. Logged out 7 hours ago on a 1 7 5 server and logged in 37 minutes ago in a 175 server. The versions have clearly nothing to do with it. Why isn`t Rocket saying a fucking word about this?

I'm not sure anyone has proved out what events actually result in your character appearing at spawn. Anecdotally, I was moved to spawn after playing a few hours on a server, logged on to another server the next day, couldn't get in and was stuck at "Loading", found another server, and I was at spawn.

I'll also add that I think BattlEye is at least part of the problem. I had a friend in the server and right when I got to the "Loading" screen, my friend saw that BattlEye tossed me 'cause it couldn't connect.

Right now I'm only using two servers exclusively, both on 1.7.2.5, and I have not had any further issues.

Maybe its the loading screen stuck bug - we will never know until someone is saying a word about this.

Why isn`t Rocket saying a fucking word about this?

Probably, like I already said, because this is a mod in Alpha. He is not trying to make it perfect for you. You are Alpha testing. Bugs will happen.

Maybe its the loading screen stuck bug - we will never know until someone is saying a word about this.

They said a word about it: Alpha. That's the word. Things sometimes break in spectacular ways and they will try to fix them as quickly as possible. What more do you want? Do you want them to send you snippets of source code while they analyze the problem?

Also, you have access to their bug tracking database if you want it.

Honestly, what do you expect? I'm sorry rocket didn't personally give you a phone call to discuss what they're working on today. You'll get over it.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby