BrickyBrick

Random events for loot and possible pvp/pve opportunities

Hi, I am BrickyBrick one of the twitch.tv streamers and I came up with what I think is a pretty neat idea.

So here is the story, as a friend and I were looking at a chopper spawn we started thinking, would'nt it be cool if the chopper wreck was not just there but got there in real time? as in, the chopper would fly overhead above players and than suddenly crash into the ground at a random spot?

for gameplay reasons I believe a random "event" of that nature would possibly create a large pvp scenario since every player within a certain radius would hear/see the chopper and would immidiatly go towards it for the elite spawns it would create.

I've been thinking of a few other "events" that could be fun for either pvp, pve situations such as towns who are currently getting infected so you could "save or pillage".

just an idea but the basic idea of "events" is the main concept behind this post, thoughts?

Yeah i agree having random events like this would be pretty cool

Very good idea, should probably happen near the coast or at least give players an indication as to where the event occurred if they are too far away.

Heli/Jet crashes would be awesome to have happen at random places.

Supply misdrops could be cool

I've seen suggestions for small squads of AI military cleanup teams that you could loot if you could kill them.

Random treasure maps (map/gps with a marked location for ultra-rare l00tz) would be awesome

Zombie migrations would be bitchin'

Guest ragequitalready

Edited by ragequitalready

Linked thread is for a single crashed heli event. :S

This thread seems to suggest and promote the idea of more than one kind of event and also seems to serve to collect the various ideas of events that could occur in dayz from other players, well that's what I read from the first post.

That being said, I think this idea is pretty good. Perhaps monthly/weekly random events in certain time windows? I could see it being pretty great to bring players together or allow them something to contest or work towards.

Perhaps a large moving horde that starts from one town and moves around the map or just patrols between two towns.

Or maybe have a lit up and loud cruise liner arrives/crashes on a docks and is swarming with zombies that pour out. Or maybe just near the dock seeing how they hate that place.

The heli idea as a basis is great, having it crash down, perhaps give it a few places it could crash to mix it up and providing an advantage to the players who are on and see it go down.

So many possibilites.