charliedontsurf

Still nice players out there

Yeah shooting on sight can be tempting given what animals many players are... But there are good people out there. Today I ran with a guy named Captain Joyce who did everything imaginable to make it easy on me, to the point of giving me his AK74 with 4 mags while he took a M16 with none on the ground - trusting me completely, and with his only gun. Of course we helped each other and there wasn't the slightest hint of malice. I bloodpacked him, he bloodpacked me, when he got tagged by a zombie and broke his leg, I sprayed them with AK fire while he popped some morphine.

It was a big, happy time.

Good players, even though they are strangers, are out there. Not every declaration of "friendly" is a spurious one.

• Like 8

Hear, hear!

I'm one of the good ones. :) In a real zombie apocolypse I'm afraid I'd just be chow, lol.

• Like 1

You know, I kind of like that everyone shoots on sight because it makes meeting a random friendly stranger all that much more special :P

• Like 1

You know, I kind of like that everyone shoots on sight because it makes meeting a random friendly stranger all that much more special :P

Playing almost 4 weeks now and the "everyone shoots on sight" has been the exception for me. Has only happened once and i never even saw the guy. What i get for being complacent and not clearing the house first. Several other encounters (perhaps 6) have all been helpful.

Look out for me, Herr Doctor. I run around with a bag full of meds helping people out and killing bandits. I've also handed out guns and stuff like a GPS before, feels good man.

• Like 2

^^

wish there were more like you out there, dude.

i've been playing for a couple of months now and have been getting shot to pieces by anyone and everyone. though last night me and a buddy did help out a scared friendly who was being griefed by a lot of z's. he ran away after that.

• Like 1

<-- Server admin of AU27 i hold people hostage at gunpoint, look through there packs and leave random presents for them, I love how they go from absolute terror and anger to ecstatic joy after finding a ghillie and a nice high end weapon placed in there bag

• Like 2

I am a nice player and will help if I can. I'm really bad at the game so I probably don't have anything, but the idea is there.

I play under G. Quagmire and say Giggity pretty often on the direct channel

Just say Giggity back an we can team up.

• Like 1

I'm a good guy, I gave someone who I found laying on the floor unconscious some medical supplies and my ghillie suit as I knew when I healed this guy I would get hero costume and lose the ghillie suit also when he sat up, He said he had no ammo and I only had 1 mag and I gave him it trusting him completely when he shot me with the gun the guy must of been low on blood as when I shot him he went unconscious and I bandaged him gave him 5 cooked meat and ran off

• Like 2

I've been playing this game for about a week, mostly solo but I do have a small group of friends that sometimes play it, and out of my 10 deaths, 9 have been from PvP. Because of this, I shoot to kill every time, unless they're obviously a fresh spawn. I lost a camping tent and a near-full set of equipment because of someone shooting on sight and I'm not prepared to let it happen again, unless you give clear indication over the mic.

I'm finding a much higher quotient of friendly players on servers running a private hive - these servers often have side chat enabled, which means the whole server can speak to each other. The sociological implications of being able to publically call someone a POS has a real effect.

I'd expect more evolved players on veteran servers too, particularly ones with 3rd person disabled.

This game is really discouraging to new players like myself who can't live more than ten minutes without getting hunted down by asshats... literally crawling off the coast and a helicopter hovers over me and kills me.... like really? Want to discourage new players, congrats you just did. Then next spawn I try swimming to a industrial area (right after spawning) and I am sniped at after I get out into the water... This game will lose out in the long run if ppl don't stop being dicks. I've been trying to get a character together on and off for a few weeks and I get killed by the freaking animals in this game... I wish I could meet a nice player or just be left alone until I get at least a makarov!!!! I guess I'm going to try the harder level servers so that these dicks with the high powered weaponry don't see me from a mile away. It's also my fault for not just sprinting off the coast... I am just paranoid of attracting attention.

So long post short. The assholes ruin this game for me (that heli in particular...REALLY?!?!), but I will give it a few more tries on the harder servers before dropping this amazing mod. I don't think im in the minority here either, if someone trying this out is continually molested by pricks with nothing to do but hang out near the shore for respawns then there will be alot less traffic on these servers.

Hopefully I run into one of you guys soon!

Edited by hawkeye01989
  • Like 2

Hawkeye, you just need to be more careful. As soon as you spawn, run for cover, if someone was going to see you doing this they had already been watching for awhile. Scope out areas for players before you move in to loot, and never swim, ever. Dunno why you think harder servers will remedy your problems, you'll just have a harder time since you can't go 3rd person and what not. But I wish you luck, and don't give up. If we meet ever, you'll get a gun and some meds.

There is no one to trust. Every encounter I have had has resulted in death, more me than them!

I am amazed at the amount of ppl that will kill you on sight if you have vehicle.

I was at a fuel tank to full up my jerrycans, when a dude with a axe was at the atv. started talking to him, to see if he needs some weapons...etc

Killed me with his axe..lol thats twice in a row this has happened.

Hawkeye, players like that are not the brightest of people. They don't think about the long-term impact their actions will have on the viability of the game. They don't think at all. They think the game is about killing as many as possible. You just have to keep your head down and run for the hills. It is hard work. Best of luck mate. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I agree with most of the post's above. i myself am a friendly player but after playing for a month i have only seen 1 helpful person the rest just shoot on sight which makes me think i should do the same..... but i dont and im still looking for a team or 1 friendly person to run around with as all my guildies are stuck in wow/bf3/dota2 and dont wanna join me on my bean rush

Hey, Cookie... Looks like I'm just the kind of person you want to play with... I have played DayZ for 4 months, and only have 1 murder. (Was at one of my first lives and that dude asked me to kill him and take his gear cause i saved his life :D) I'm hanging around on low-populated servers and loot minor villages and stuff... I have been looking for a partner who want's to play this game as it was meant to... A zombie apocalypse simulator, NOT like COD! My interests in this game are:

-Looting towns(not large ones), gas stations, farms, tree-stands, etc.

-Finding and repairing vehicles.

-Finding tents and making a good camp near a lake, etc.

-Clearing farms that are long distance from towns and cities so you can use gunfire... (some nice action :P)

-Sometimes just sitting next to a campfire at night and look at the stars. (witch are well made and realistic in this game!

So, if your interested then add me on Steam: Emperor of Finland

PS: I know that the Internet is full of traps where people say there friendly and shoot you afterwards. <_< But you can trust me, this IS NOT a trap!!! I'm just as desperate to find someone nice to play with as you are. :)

And remember: Its not just about surviving, its about HOW you survive!

• Like 1

I had been shot up and attacked by zombies so i posted an SOS on the forum and a kind forumer came to my rescue

They offer a great service for those in trouble

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/75507-we-want-to-help-you-medicshelpersguides/

If it hadnt been for them i would be dead by now

Changed my ways completely cos i admit to having killed a few survivors for no other reason than kill or be killed but now im gonna run to cover and let them know im friendly but if they shoot at me im still gonna try protect myself the best i can

• Like 2

Well thank you guys for the advice and encouragement. In game I am Jcotts - if I see you I will be the one not shooting first ^_^

I am a nice player and will help if I can. I'm really bad at the game so I probably don't have anything, but the idea is there.

I play under G. Quagmire and say Giggity pretty often on the direct channel

Just say Giggity back an we can team up.

Yeah... There is a Private Quagmire - be careful of that dude, he shot me on sight... Not only that, he then hunted me down while I was wounded and seeking refuge, he found me bandaging myself up without any weapon besides my trusty axe and shot me once again. He is giving you a bad name sir!

If anyone notices DarDreamerDom out there, the universal sign for 'Im friendly' is to sway from side to side using Q & E... You may look a fool, but it has saved my life before, and I won't shoot unless shot upon when folks share me that little friendly dance.

Stay safe folks.

Looks like I'm gunna be doing the friendly shuffle tomorrow :D I hope at the very least they think I'm a wierdo and don't spend the rounds on a freak rolling around like Michael J. Fox

Just to let you guys know found a bunch of really friendly ppl on a server gmt time add me on skype for info ryan8006