Sign in to follow this  
oled123@hotmail.co.uk

What DayZ Needs

DayZ used to be a fun game of trying to find rare loot whilst also trying to survive, now because of all the duplicated items death is only an inconvenience, upon death all you have to do is run up to where you know a tent is and get your rare gear back. The rarity of all items has clearly decreased, just look at some of the trades happening, I saw one person who had 10 NVGs for god's sake, this for me has made the game boring there is no need to venture into the NW Airfield when you can just go to a tent for all the rare gear you could ever need.

The solution is simple, reset all inventories and tents and only then will this game go back to being about trying hard to find loot.

• Like 6

All these accusations of duping, now i am not denying alot of people are duping (intentionally or not when setting up camps) but currently i have 1 spare ghillie and 2 spare NVGs, i did not dupe anything, legit finds, one day i found 3 pairs within 24 hours, i reckon most posts are people who saw some one with good gear, and insta dupe accusation.

But no matter how annoying hacking and duping is, what is even more stupid is people calling for inventory resets and tent/vehicle/server wipes, when it is not the mod that allows duping, but is an ARMA 2 engine problem that cannot be fixed till standalone, so till then wiping every item from people will anger most of the community who have survived for several weeks and have full gear or missing 1 or 2 items.

the solution is simple, advance the mod into a standalone game where you have more power and control....

oh wait, that's already happening :)

• Like 2

Oh yes!!!!!

the solution is simple, advance the mod into a standalone game where you have more power and control....

This will NOT help anyone out.

I fully agree with you that rare weapons aren't rare anymore.

However, most of these weapons come in the game because of hackers.

The somebody kills the hacker, picks up the gun and dupes it.

If you want to expierence the same mod like a month ago, you should find a server that just started and doesn't have too many players.

As realistic and logical they are, tents should be removed to keep some goal in this game, people are just hording things. I used to play with a guy that ran over to another server and looked up a bandit camp to get some good gear, which is the gayest thing I've ever seen.

But what about for now, that game won't be out for months.