byteslam (DayZ)

CLEAN up a Hacked Server

How to clean up a server which suffered under several Cheat attacks?

At the positions where two cheater clans spawned vehicles, we found also about 20 tents with all the equipment in you normaly can only dream off. Nice to have but this tens always get filled again after a server restart...this means the position becomes now a more popular location then the airfield.

Any chance to get this tents removed? mayby with the risk of loosing all other tents as well

we have delt with this by emptying the tents, saving them and restarting server.

tents come back empty.

for cars that are hacked blow them up, they tend to disappear rather than explode, and shouldnt respawn in.

Good question, How to know if some full tents are hacked ?

If you are a fair admin it would be nice if you could keep an eye out for whats going on on your server. It would be nice if the admin with some helpers can check the server without anybody else on it. Have some god mode to quickly check the server.

But i do find it tricky to just remove stuff of which you actually don't know if its hacked.

Keep your eyes open when reading the server log files, i presume battle eye will fix the false CD key problem which should result in less people trying something.

And maybe the chat channels should return, so when people oin your server notice something wrong they can chat with the admin, best protection against hackers and scripters is an alert population on your server, they can quickly report wrongdoing so the admin can investigate.

Good question, How to know if some full tents are hacked ?

If you are a fair admin it would be nice if you could keep an eye out for whats going on on your server. It would be nice if the admin with some helpers can check the server without anybody else on it. Have some god mode to quickly check the server.

But i do find it tricky to just remove stuff of which you actually don't know if its hacked.

Keep your eyes open when reading the server log files, i presume battle eye will fix the false CD key problem which should result in less people trying something.

And maybe the chat channels should return, so when people oin your server notice something wrong they can chat with the admin, best protection against hackers and scripters is an alert population on your server, they can quickly report wrongdoing so the admin can investigate.

I just guess, but as the tents exactly at the position where ATV, Helicopter etc. has been created, I assume the content like NV Googles, 10xSD M4A3, 10x M107 and so on is not legal and I dont want all players on our server going there to get equipped as best as possible all the time... I am thinking of deleting the hive DB on our server or something like this, to start from zero.

I have a similar problems, i have several camps on the server with hacked gear, the problem is tents do not save at the moment!!

No matter if i drive over them by cars or remove the hacked stuff from it, after a restart the same tent state is loaded again.

What can i do about this? To make this clear: saving tents does NOT help!

Same problem on my server

yesterday, 2 or 3 scriptkiddies spawned cheater-boxes on every spawn !

i restarted the server, but after 5 minutes the boxes were back again

The whole server is equipped with very good gear ( AS50 TWS etc.)

I have no idea as we work against?

• Like 1

whats about the SQL file which holds the local Server data like tents and vehicles? if I remove it, the server starts from scratch or not?

May this is also the reason for the save issue, if the file has been not converted to the current 1.7.2.5 release, all data saved are not stored to this file perhaps??