scott24z

Why are the AS50 and M107 in the game?

I had the following loadout:

M4A3 CCO

PDW

Every tool

Coyote backpack with a M4A1 SD CCO

Guess how my friend and I met our demise?

Two snipers in ghillies sitting on top of an extremely tall building in cherno killing everyone that went to the fire station (and the rest of the city).

How much damage do each of their weapons do?

Over 34000. So it doesn't matter how much blood you have. They get an instant kill at any range while they remain untouchable, not even looting the people they kill.

Snipers don't belong in this game, no matter how many people think that sniping is "cool". Every game seems to be ruined by people like that. Snipers are only even in this game to one-hit-kill other survivors. They are impractical for any other purpose. So why are they even allowed? It takes no skill once the gun is zeroed. All it is is point and click. Even if I didn't have good gear, I would still feel cheated against. It is infuriating to see their stupid little ghillie heads barely sticking up knowing that there is nothing you can do except leave the game and let them continue killing innocent players until they get bored.

• Like 21

im a sniper myself and it disgusts me when people do this, i dont think the guns should be taken out as they are great for overwatching your group as u raid high risk area's however i hate using my AS50 or my DMR against players why fuck up someone elses day when i can brighten there day with protection :)

• Like 5

Well they are both "Anti-Material" Rifles, and seeing there are vehicles in the game and the huge area of land in game then yes i find them an essential piece of kit. So you had a bad day in Cherno, havn't we all??

I have honestly lost count of the "why are there snipers" posts only for them all to reach the same conclusion... Deal with it.. every platoon has at least 1 marksman with the OP rifle, thats just how military things work... best advice i can give you is try and stay outta their sights and move faster and in more patterned shapes :)

• Like 8

im a sniper myself and it disgusts me when people do this, i dont think the guns should be taken out as they are great for overwatching your group as u raid high risk area's however i hate using my AS50 or my DMR against players why fuck up someone elses day when i can brighten there day with protection :)

maybe because people in dayZ normally are psychos killing you for such a weapon when you let them live

really, going to cherno or elektro and then whining about getting killed...

• Like 5

Its a good point, Why do you need a snipe to fend off zombies, they are mainly used for player killing.

However snipers exist in real life and this game is going down that path.

Solution. Stay out of cherno and Eletro

M4A3 CCO

PDW

Every tool

Two snipers in ghillies sitting on top of an extremely tall building in cherno killing everyone that went to the fire station (and the rest of the city).

Over 34000. So it doesn't matter how much blood you have. They get an instant kill at any range while they remain untouchable, not even looting the people they kill.

Snipers don't belong in this game, no matter how many people think that sniping is "cool". Every game seems to be ruined by people like that. Snipers are only even in this game to one-hit-kill other survivors. They are impractical for any other purpose. So why are they even allowed? It takes no skill once the gun is zeroed. All it is is point and click. Even if I didn't have good gear, I would still feel cheated against. It is infuriating to see their stupid little ghillie heads barely sticking up knowing that there is nothing you can do except leave the game and let them continue killing innocent players until they get bored.

Were you playing on server #GB 500? I was on that server and saw two dead bodies at the firestation. One had the hero skin. Both bodies were already looted before I got there. There was also two snipers on the high industrial building. I assumed it these two that must have been the killers.

I managed dodge their shots and take one out with a lee enfield, but he alt-a4'd so i didn't get the kill. The other guy logged out too. Wankers.

• Like 1

Well they are both "Anti-Material" Rifles, and seeing there are vehicles in the game and the huge area of land in game then yes i find them an essential piece of kit. So you had a bad day in Cherno, havn't we all??

I have honestly lost count of the "why are there snipers" posts only for them all to reach the same conclusion... Deal with it.. every platoon has at least 1 marksman with the OP rifle, thats just how military things work... best advice i can give you is try and stay outta their sights and move faster and in more patterned shapes :)

he's right yknow if your not running straight lines and what not and sticking to a wall away from known sniper spots then you wont have a problem or you could just stay outta cherno perhaps?

I mean, its clearly overpowered (even for a game like DayZ) and should at least require a headshot, especially when death is so punishing. I'm fine with the other snipers because at least they're fair.
  • Like 1

You went to cherno not expecting to die? Or maybe did you go with M4cco to kill fresh spawns and got killed by someone even higher in the food chain?

Every gun is point and click.

Snipers have a purpose they're supposed to overwatch while your team with M4s or other guns like that go up close.

Probably they were some noobs or just didnt care. People on top of the silo tower in Cherno don't live more than 5 minutes. Their position could be sniped from literally anywhere.

Were you playing on server #GB 500? I was on that server and saw two dead bodies at the firestation. One had the hero skin. Both bodies were already looted before I got there. There was also two snipers on the high industrial building. I assumed it these two that must have been the killers.

I managed dodge their shots and take one out with a lee enfield, but he alt-a4'd so i didn't get the kill. The other guy logged out too. Wankers.

:D I applaud you for ending their reign of terror! They were there for at least thirty minutes! Over 15 kills!

M4A3 CCO

PDW

Every tool

...and let me guess, you and your buddy went to Cherno to do some charity work? You would of killed them if given a chance. The loot from the bodies will be picked up by other wandering survivors so their stuff hasn't went to waste. What you should learn from this is that you stay away from large cities or high traffic areas if you don't want to die and lose your gear.

2 snipers.

In ghillies.

on top of a building?

if you can't kill 2 snipers in the WORST possible place in the world for a sniper in a ghillie. then you deserve every death you receive from them. they're obviously terribad and you can't even kill them. for shame

• Like 1

If it weren't for duping finding ammo would be pretty hard, which balances them

• Like 4

Saying the argument "stay out of a city" is quite....stupid? You're telling me i can't even enter a city in a game because people have obviously broken weapons that they probably hacked in in the first place. This isn't a "military" or "war" game. It is a zombie survival game. The fact that these weapons exist simply encourages player killing. IRL you wouldn't EVER pick up a sniper rifle and mow down other humans that walked into a city. We all understand that these cities are dangerous, but saying to not even dream of going into them because of people like this is absurd.

Entitled people are my favorite target. These people break every rule of common sence and charge into high traffic areas thinking they are king shit going to walmart or the 7-11 on the corner. My AS50 and L85 would be trash useless in Cherno and Electra were it not for these entitlement dipshits.

• Like 1

I mean, its clearly overpowered (even for a game like DayZ) and should at least require a headshot, especially when death is so punishing. I'm fine with the other snipers because at least they're fair.

It's a bloody 50.cal what do you expect?? a 50.cal to fire feathers??? And newsflash DayZ is NOT balanced you don't like it go play a balanced game like cod or bf3 and leave the rest of us to DayZ.

50.cals are needed to take out vehicles and as an added bonus they are also excellent player killers.

50.cals should not be removed! op should remove himself if he dosent like them in the game!

2 snipers.

In ghillies.

on top of a building?

if you can't kill 2 snipers in the WORST possible place in the world for a sniper in a ghillie. then you deserve every death you receive from them. they're obviously terribad and you can't even kill them. for shame

My exact point. You're dead before you know they're there.....

Cherno and Electro are the PvP zones. You must be new.

And this is not real life. Nobody is going to feel bad about killing pixels. I care as much about your death as about zombie's death. The second reason why people wouldn't stay on a rooftop shooting people for fun is not unlimited ammo. Which is frigging unlimited in dayz. Wanna fix the snipers? Fix duping/recovering ammo.

carebear moron wants to remove the only good weapon to take down ural & choppers.

Nothing to do here, let the carebear rot in the debug forest, where he belongs

Saying the argument "stay out of a city" is quite....stupid? You're telling me i can't even enter a city in a game because people have obviously broken weapons that they probably hacked in in the first place. This isn't a "military" or "war" game. It is a zombie survival game. The fact that these weapons exist simply encourages player killing. IRL you wouldn't EVER pick up a sniper rifle and mow down other humans that walked into a city. We all understand that these cities are dangerous, but saying to not even dream of going into them because of people like this is absurd.

Come on bro, this game is realistic. Don't you know that sitting around large cities firing incredibly loud guns at completely harmless survivors is your best chance for survival? I mean, if I were trying to survive a zombie apocalypse, the first thing I would do is grab my gun and go murder people for fun, it just makes sense.

Realism bro, that's what is comes down to.

• Like 3

After playing this game for a month, I realised that entering the cities and fighting bandits was the most fun part of this game!

• Like 2

It's a bloody 50.cal what do you expect?? a 50.cal to fire feathers??? And newsflash DayZ is NOT balanced you don't like it go play a balanced game like cod or bf3 and leave the rest of us to DayZ.

50.cals are needed to take out vehicles and as an added bonus they are also excellent player killers.

50.cals should not be removed! op should remove himself if he dosent like them in the game!

...But people don't use them that way. How many times have you seen a .50 cal being used to take out a vehicle?