scott24z

Why are the AS50 and M107 in the game?

Introduce windage as another factor when sniping, presto, many less successful snipers. Everyone wins.

• Like 1

IRL you wouldn't EVER pick up a sniper rifle and mow down other humans that walked into a city.

If I got my hands on a .50 cal sniper in a zombie apocalypse I would most definitely do that.

oh look

its another group of failures who didnt check the hills / have overwatch in a main pvp city

gz bro youre shit as this game and we'll be constantly taking the gear you dont deserve away from you until you learn how to play.

• Like 1

You went into Cherno with that gear, that's one of the dumbest possible things you could do.

• Like 1

> Get AS50

> Shoot someone in the toe

> Instant kill.

This is my only realism gripe with the high power rifles. You hit me in the head or chest with a 50 cal, fine, I'm a blood stain on the roads of Cherno. I'd tip my hat to you if I still had a head to tip it from. However, if you're not the best sniper out there and you nail me in the leg or arm, well that's probably gone too, but I should still be alive. Alive and toeless/legless/armless. In those few moments I should be able to return fire or scramble away in panic, because adrenaline is a hell of a drug.

Should I survive the encounter, perhaps after having to tourniquet myself or with the help of a squad mate, I'm still surviving, down one limb and slightly more grizzled. Maybe life is harder until I can fashion some crutches, or a peg leg, or a M4A1-Leg (<--this). I'll roam the hills north of Cherno and Elektro, looking for my white whale and get revenge, and hopefully the next update will include Chest Cannons, and will shoot my heart at you.

• Like 1

I seriously think I lost brain cells reading some peoples posts on this thread, here's the main points:

1. you didn't scout/recon the area, and ernema or enema whatever the hell your name is, if he was that geared he must've had binoculars or a rangefinder, at 500 meters nothing is a tiny green dot. unless your playing on an ipod screen.

2. There is snipers in every shooter game you can imagine, you dont see anyone crying about being sniped in CoD by a camper now do you?

3. You had full gear and yet you insisted on going into one of the two biggest cities in the game for some medical supplies.

4. You posted an idea before taking the time to think: "is this a good idea?" snipers WILL NOT be removed from this game.

5. The reason .50 is in this game is to take out vehicles, just like they do in real life at military checkpoints. if they want to use their ammo to take a huge chunk out of you then it's their choice.

2. There is snipers in every shooter game you can imagine, you dont see anyone crying about being sniped in CoD by a camper now do you?

Comparing DayZ to CoD... nice. That's exactly the wrong attitude to have in this game. If you enjoy shooting loads of people with sniper rifles then go play CoD.

I'm just getting sick of every kid and his mother having an AS50 now with all the hacked/duped gear and doing nothing but sniping. There are other games MUCH better designed for this. I like to actually loot my own gear at risk, the feeling you get and the reward for the effort is worth it not like just running to a camp every time.

Edited by Slayer86

Comparing DayZ to CoD... nice. That's exactly the wrong attitude to have in this game. If you enjoy shooting loads of people with sniper rifles then go play CoD.

I'm just getting sick of every kid and his mother having an AS50 now with all the hacked/duped gear and doing nothing but sniping. There are other games MUCH better designed for this. I like to actually loot my own gear at risk, the feeling you get and the reward for the effort is worth it not like just running to a camp every time.

It wasn't more so comparing to a specific game, just the first one I thought of.

Two snipers in ghillies sitting on top of an extremely tall building in cherno [...] while they remain untouchable

LMAO, it's not like Cherno is surrounded by hills from where you can easily countersnipe 2 amateurs on a building

And why the fuck were you in Cherno, while having a Coyote Backpack and a silenced M4 carbine, in the first place?

Edited by Hawk24
  • Like 1

These rifles shouldn't be in game.

The dupers will disagree, they love their no skill 1 hit kills.

I love killing people in DayZ, but I can derive no pleasure whatsoever from doing it with these guns, it's just god mode.

Personally, I'd remove all sniper rifles from the game, because imo they don't fit in with the setting at all.

Hell, we should basically only have pistols, shotguns and some light rifles.

However I understand this may be too much, some should stay, like the Cz and the DMR.

These rifles shouldn't be in game.

The dupers will disagree, they love their no skill 1 hit kills.

I love killing people in DayZ, but I can derive no pleasure whatsoever from doing it with these guns, it's just god mode.

Personally, I'd remove all sniper rifles from the game, because imo they don't fit in with the setting at all.

Hell, we should basically only have pistols, shotguns and some light rifles.

However I understand this may be too much, some should stay, like the Cz and the DMR.

The AS50 is an AMR used to take out vehicles. People can use their ammo to kill survivors too, but it was ment for shooting a vehicle's engine block and taking it out with one shot.

The AS50 is an AMR used to take out vehicles. People can use their ammo to kill survivors too, but it was ment for shooting a vehicle's engine block and taking it out with one shot.

People can use any rifle in game to shoot someone inside a vehicle, so this is just an excuse "Let me keep my 1 hit kill weapon".

Has no business in game, I think most of us can admit that.

Those who can't just want easy mode.

• Like 1

it's just god mode.

Explain to me how dealing a lot of damage results in a god mode for the one wielding the sniper rifle

Flank him, rush him, spray him

People should learn basic counter sniping instead of crying in the forums

• Like 1

People can use any rifle in game to shoot someone inside a vehicle, so this is just an excuse "Let me keep my 1 hit kill weapon".

Has no business in game, I think most of us can admit that.

Those who can't just want easy mode.

easy mode rofl

can tell this kid has never reached end game gear, let alone keep his winchester for 50 minutes

I just think that when the standalone game is out, then there will be no more duping so these high tier weapons will be much rarer, and that will fix it because not every single sniper will have one.

Just a quick question to the OP. How do you know there were two guys on the roof of a building in ghillie suits that killed you, when you mentioned that there was no warning and you didn't know even they were there? :) Even if you saw them after respawning there's no telling if those had been the guys. And if you HAD seen them, then why you had stuck around? :)

Edited by Jakusch Lieb
  • Like 2

I mean, its clearly overpowered (even for a game like DayZ) and should at least require a headshot, especially when death is so punishing. I'm fine with the other snipers because at least they're fair.

So i guess you'd rather be shot by a DMR, knocked out immediately, then killed by a follow-up shot while you're laying in a pool of your own blood? They aren't overpowered. They are in the game to effectively disable vehicles. It just so happens that a .50 caliber round also absolutely destroys soft tissue. That's life.

Well that is a 50 caliber rifle so it should be a one shot kill as for the dying maybe you should stop running into town scout out the place have a buddy on the hill outside of the city and sneak into town its much harder to find you if you don't have a horde of zombies chasing you.

So i guess you'd rather be shot by a DMR, knocked out immediately, then killed by a follow-up shot while you're laying in a pool of your own blood? They aren't overpowered. They are in the game to effectively disable vehicles. It just so happens that a .50 caliber round also absolutely destroys soft tissue. That's life.

What he wants is the chance to Alt + F4 and go to another server to have his friend bandage him up and then ghost to a location to take out the sniper on the original server.

Its a good point, Why do you need a snipe to fend off zombies, they are mainly used for player killing.

However snipers exist in real life and this game is going down that path.

Solution. Stay out of cherno and Eletro

No! Not a solution, I shouldn't have to erase an entire key chunk from the key because of 1 psychopathic murderer who either hacked his way onto the international hotel, climbed the brewerly, sitting on one god forsaken hill who won't even think to try and loot my body! It's bullshit, when you're that well hidden you don't need to worry about death in anyway, you simply shoot until you run out, spam with the semi auto if you miss one. It's complete and utter crap, and no these anti-material rifles should not be saved a place because of vehicles because when has anyone ever seen a vehicle going down the street and had an as50 ready that could hit their target. Plus assault rifle fire could take it down anyway.

/rant

I personally like the .50 Caliber for the exact reasons many people hate it. When there is a sniper in Cherno/Elektro, they're not exactly the type of people who are going to play 'fair.'

Regardless of what the sniper is using, it is going to piss of people. Every sniper rifle will incapacitate a player with one well-aimed shot, so it is still going to annoy everyone to death. The key reason I like .50 Cals though, is that if me and my friends are down on the coast doing trivia questions and giving out gear / supplies, you'd be surprised how often someone stops by and is like "hey there is a sniper in cherno, could you guys help with that?"

Having a .50 Cal allows a guaranteed killshot on the sniper in cherno. They can't DC and heal then go back to sniping. They can't sneak behind cover and bandage. They die. That ends the kill spree and provides a few more minutes of safety in cherno. I know I've spent time in Cherno, not shooting noobs who really aren't worth the bullet, especially now that ammo doesn't refill automatically, but shooting the guys who climb the tall building or sit in the hills racking up kills.

TL;DR: .50 Caliber rifles are the best defense, because they guarantee the sniper gets killed. Not all geared players are assholes.

The Thermal Scope AS50 is a fucking retarded weapon to have. I don't know if it's official or hacked but so many people have them due to hackers/duping. There is ZERO skill required for this weapon and using camo/stealth is useless.