Minsty

If you could implement ANYTHING What would you?

If you had a direct input to what the developers etc put into DayZ what would it be that would make you have the time of your life?

- For myself it'd probably be, able to effect the enviroment like Fortifications including boards, sandbags, palisade etc mini forts.

- for the dog thing if they end up implementing a choice of what breed, cause i love alot of different dogs.

- All buildings enterable no restrictions including skyscrapers if something along the line of a big city is put in.

- Wieldable torches ( Stick, rag, FIRE!)

- Able to distract zombies with objects ( Empty Tin can whiskey bottle) they go towards the sound makes all those empty junk items useful in a way,

- Items instead of being on the floor in buildings, on shelves and cracked safes/cupboards factories and some buildings lack opjects you'd normally find in there like crates.

- More hoards of zombies

- Items be in logical places for example, go into a house, you'll find a heap of food in the cupboards if it hasn't been raided maybe even plates of left over food with flies buzzing around them or something clothes in cupboards

- Military Food

- Searchable destroyed vehicles ( Non repairable ones)

Some things might be coming and others will have been announced already but just listing what i can think of would make me happy in my DayZ Experience.

Share yours, Inb4 'You're an idiot'

• Like 3

Desert Eagle B)

EDIT: Had to add that I would also add a working anti-cheat.

Edited by Teo
  • Like 1

Where are my damn hats?

• Like 2

fishing boats being used to fish

not dying of thirst in the rain

an anti-cheat engine that works

Is it wrong that I also like the idea of being able to fish? Oh, in this case they should also introduce cans of beer to general loot. Pubs! Pubs in the towns. Everything always circles back to alcohol...

• Like 2

introduce cans of beer to general loot. Pubs!

if they did that it would need to both make you thirsty and give you a slight (incredibly slow) in-need-of-painkillers type shake.

it is a good idea though (the female characters/goats would also obviously appear more attractive)

• Like 7

Being able to load a wounded player in a vehicle and patching them up in the back.

• Like 2

Larger buildings such as shopping malls (i mean huge ones like in dead rising) and skyscrapers where you could get into firefights indoors and get really cool loot. also more large cities inland to make navigating more interesting.

• Like 4

Is it wrong that I also like the idea of being able to fish? Oh, in this case they should also introduce cans of beer to general loot. Pubs! Pubs in the towns. Everything always circles back to alcohol...

Alcohol solves all problems that's why :D

it is a good idea though (the female characters/goats would also obviously appear more attractive)

Jello shots from belly buttons...ok!!

Being able to load a wounded player in a vehicle and patching them up in the back.

You can already load wounded players into vehicles, but you can't access inventory whilst in-vehicle, therefore can't patch 'em up.

Being able to access inventory so you can provide aid (also eat, drink etc.) in vehicle would be great.

Imagine using a Ural as an ambulance!

• Like 2

I like a lot of op's ideas especially these ones:

- For myself it'd probably be, able to effect the enviroment like Fortifications including boards, sandbags, palisade etc mini forts.

- All buildings enterable no restrictions including skyscrapers if something along the line of a big city is put in.

- Wieldable torches ( Stick, rag, FIRE!)

- Items instead of being on the floor in buildings, on shelves and cracked safes/cupboards factories and some buildings lack opjects you'd normally find in there like crates.

- More hoards of zombies

- Items be in logical places for example, go into a house, you'll find a heap of food in the cupboards if it hasn't been raided maybe even plates of left over food with flies buzzing around them or something clothes in

- Searchable destroyed vehicles ( Non repairable ones)

I LOVE the idea of having indoor complexes like supermarkets etc, brilliant :).

Some more ideas:

- Pulling the axes/hatchets out of those blasted tree stumps!

- Introducing more melee weapons

- Using non-melee-objects as weapons, empty whisky bottle? smashes after a few hits? Remove hunting knife from toolbelt as a melee weapons? Turn entrenching tool into a showel and use that as one? Heck, hitting something with a plank of wood from the pile?

- Adding more vehicles!! There's not enough!

Edited by JamesButlin
  • Like 1

Being able to access inventory so you can provide aid (also eat, drink etc.) in vehicle would be great.

the way you do this is by going to the map, then hitting either units or players,

your name should pop up

hit gear

your inventory and the vehicles

Edited by dillonblunts
  • Like 1

snapback.pngpalmface, on 16 August 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

the way you do this is by going to the map, then hitting either units or players,

your name should pop up

hit gear

your inventory and the vehicles

Aye but it would be great to have the option to provide aid in a vehicle.

Ability to build forts and make these forts free from zombies, non ghostable areas so you had to be allowed to enter or take it by force.

Thus encouraging group co-operation.

Oil refinery and oil tanker lorries (see mad max)

If you look at any lawless place groups always emerge and they fight for resources, towns cities and people live together for safety and protection.

• Like 2

More variety of uniforms and distinguishing features for characters.

And more low end weapons with lower milspec gear spawns. I love using the early weapons but they are all too often replaced with military gear too early.

That said I do love the Mk. 48. Mod 0. It's just about the only weapon I'd murder someone for. That thing is nuts.

• Like 1

DESERT EAGLE ftw wish i had said it

i wouldnt even carry a primary if i had one O.o

Of course, a desert eagle's a handgun so it would only do about 1500 damage a round...

I just want to see reasonable damage tables for once. Seriously.

Also, get rid of tents and storage because right now there's no such thing as permadeath.

There's so much I'd like to see... but let my try to keep it short.

To be honest i'm not even sure if some things are already in the game but if they are they might need to be put more emphasis on.

Realism

- All buildings enterable.

- Not dying of thirst in the rain.

- Slower movespeed based on the stuff you carry also faster hunger/thirst the more weight you carry.

- Slower movespeed in the rain because of mud (not streets, buildings, etc.)

- Big weapons shouldn't fit in your backpack (AS50, M107) or take a long time to disassemble/assemble and need a toolbox to do so.

- Sluggish feeling for bigger weapons! For example if you swing your AS50 from left to right as fast as you can there should be some momentum to it. Kinda like in Mario lol

- Agile feeling for smaller weapons! Being able to swing your MP5 from left to right faster than your M249 or AS50 with no momentum at all.

- M14 mags should fit my FAL!!!! ffs

- I want to eat dem pumpkins! Or wear them as a hat!

Weapons

- More weapons, etc. etc.

- Weapons shouldn't feel out of place. No Predator style Gatling pls.

- Maybe attachments?

- Different Ammo. Tracer, HP, etc.

- Dual wielding pistols just for fun.

- Maybe even bigger noise for some weapons so you have to think twice about shooting.

- Make some weapons really, really rare! (This is more of a hack/dupe issue tho)

- I want to attack with my hunting knife... :'(

Gear

- Bullet proof vest and helmets! To balance them give them weight and/or reduced mobility. Also snipers would have to aim at your head/face. At least M24, DMR, etc.

To balance the reduced damage you take with the other weapons make 2 to 3 fast hits to the chest with an AR/Shotgun and 4 to 6 with a MP/Pistol knock you unconscious.

I know this would be a huge change in gameplay but the fact that we have L85A2 AWS and AS50 but no bulletproof vests feels kinda odd. But it's just some random idea i had.

- More cammo! I want urban cammo! Wood cammo! Desert cammo! Cammo is fun!

Of course there a loads of things i would like to see. I'm sure everyone has this "perfect zombie survival game" in his mind but right now the biggest problem seems to be the hacking/duping of stuff. Rare weapons are too easy to find. Hackers can fuck you up. Bugs can fuck you up. But it's still alpha so i don't really mind. I would just like to see more realism when it comes to the "feeling" of the weapons and the gameplay. They should "feel" real and also not out of place. Also some variety to spice things up a bit.

Edited by Laha
  • Like 5

Eve style servers, it fixes so many things...

no more altf4, server hopping, disabling vegitation, limiting your display to see, etc...

Also,

Skill system so your character has value other than gear

Display gear on the character models so people look like who/what they are.

• Like 1

Display gear on the character models so people look like who/what they are.

173dparairaqoverloaded.jpg

That might take some fiddling to work :P

If I could snap my fingers and have it done, in order of importance to me:

- Halt duping.

- Halt client side scripting.

- Logout takes 30 seconds to a minute. Resets if you're bleeding.

- Make bullet travel more realistic, add crosswinds, angle of fire having an effect on trajectory, etc.

- Make it so disabling visual effects doesn't give you much of an edge in spotting people. That's a tall order I realize, and frankly I'm not quite sure how to accomplish it, but it would be nice.

- A single giant server, or at least North American/Euro type split.

- Obviously, a big enough map to go with it with different kinds of terrain etc.

- Make all buildings enterable.

- Add different kinds of enemies in the environment, things like well fed infected moving better than starved infected. Maybe infected bears/wolves/goats/birds. The occasional enemy that can actually outrun you.

- Better melee hit mechanics than an AOE attack from the NPCs.

- The ability to build fortifications/houses/settlements.

That about covers my wishlist. I realize for most of it, it'll have to wait for standalone if it ever happens.

Edited by Wiley
  • Like 3

Zip lines, to get around faster if all the vehicles have been hoarded. Also, wheeeeeeeee! :D

• Like 1

- Able to distract zombies with objects ( Empty Tin can whiskey bottle) they go towards the sound makes all those empty junk items useful in a way,

Already in the mod..