Sign in to follow this  
Cyborg Ninja

The one thing that stops me from playing atm...

I've been playing DayZ for 4 weeks now, but I find myself exiting the game a lot, and that is because of one

single thing: the endlessly long walking. Don't get me wrong, I know it's part of the game, but after playing so

many hours, the walking just becomes dull. Cherno to Stary, Stary to NWAF, NWAF to Berenzino, it takes forever

I've actually put a laptop next to my PC, so I have something to do while traveling.

What I want is more bicycles and civilian cars, that would also be more realistic, right?

• Like 1

More vehciles including more bicycles but a massive shortage of petrol

• Like 4

Would bring about a whole "Mad Max" scene about the place, enjoyable yes watching groups murder each other over fuel but in the end it will be the cyclists that will laugh over all!

• Like 4

Cars would be nice, bicycles would be hilarious. I've found a few over the week I've played and boy is it fun to ride away from zombies on.

Cars should spawn slightly more than they do, the fact that I hate walking as well, but indeed it's part of the game.

Edited by JesseS
  • Like 1

To the OP, I think we can all appreciate the amount of walking that can result in tedium at times. However the alternative is a much smaller map and this would only result in more grieving...I say walking is the less of two evils.

Edited by Faceman Peck

To the OP, I think we can all appreciate the amount of walking that can result in tedium at times. However the alternative is a much smaller map and this would only result in more grieving...I say walking is the less of two evils.

Nah, I wouldn't even mind if the map was bigger, I just want to be able to move faster. I'd be happy if they double the amount of cars and bikes in the game.

if we are talking realism here then yes there should be cars everywhere but no fuel. I think a nice balance would be best, have more vehicles spawn then there currently is and take away the majority of fuel tanks

• Like 2

When I first started playing I liked all the walking. I never knew what was over the next hill and it kept me wondering. Now I know what is where and what I am approaching and the walking/running is starting to feel more tedious.

• Like 1

When I first started playing I liked all the walking. I never knew what was over the next hill and it kept me wondering. Now I know what is where and what I am approaching and the walking/running is starting to feel more tedious.

Exactly, and I'm at that point now. My character is currently logged out at Berezino and I just don't feel like playing, knowing I've got to walk half an hour to get to Elektro or Stary.

There should be more vehicles and less gas stations. Also it shouldn't be possible for people to hoard all the vehicles on the map so others have none.

Edited by Link_AJ

Nah, I wouldn't even mind if the map was bigger, I just want to be able to move faster. I'd be happy if they double the amount of cars and bikes in the game.

Ever heard of speed hacking? Just kidding , don't result in hacking. It's for nubs.

if we are talking realism here then yes there should be cars everywhere but no fuel. I think a nice balance would be best, have more vehicles spawn then there currently is and take away the majority of fuel tanks

Smart thinking lad.

Mate, get a dual monitor setup, or even better, a triple screen. I generally have something like DayZDB map up on my other screen, or if I'm bored I'll go look up some dardy videos or something.

I think its hilarious that AS50s and crashed helicopters are more common than bicycles

Welcome to Russia!

• Like 1

I´ve personaly have more trouble with the graphical artifacts then with the forrest jogging.

Mate, get a dual monitor setup, or even better, a triple screen. I generally have something like DayZDB map up on my other screen, or if I'm bored I'll go look up some dardy videos or something.

Well like I said, that's exactly what I'm doing. I've seen all 9gag posts by the time I get to my destination...

I´ve personaly have more trouble with the graphical artifacts then with the forrest jogging.

Those are just so easy to get rid of.. c'mon. Just use the flush method or lower the video memory option thingy.

Edited by Link_AJ

Should have Trains in it =o Since theres tracks everywhere! or a horse to ride aswell. Or a mech walker =o nah thats over the edge... But trains would be awsome in DayZ.. fix a train go from village to village with a team loot back in train =o

Epic fights over a train in towns or a car chace after the train.

And for the whole new cars or bicycles. YES NICE but i would lower the bicycles spawns and pump up the cars. bicycles dont need anything as for cars u need to repair and fuel. So more car's, less bicycles and some trains. That would be awsome to travel around.

Second thought... id like a mech too :P

Also more buildings you can enter. When I first started playing, I was like "wow, that's a big city, I want to loot all those houses". Then I found out 90% of them are locked... You should be able to open (or break open) all doors.

something like this?

http://i.imgur.com/GyJnu.jpg

usually set like that for streaming, but also nice to do other stuff when on long walkes

(abuse the steam overlay for autowalk)

Playing DayZ like a boss.

Edited by Link_AJ

new loot item straws to suck up petrol from damaged cars lol

• Like 1

Bicycles are such an awsome way to kill someone ... ride through a town, gather a train and go ride up to campers ^^

Soon thay have an army of zoids noming on their ass xD

Long distances and all the travelling wouldn't be a problem if all of the villages would have something to offer, but since most of the buildings in this mod are non-accessible it gets dull really fast.

Long distances and all the travelling wouldn't be a problem if all of the villages would have something to offer, but since most of the buildings in this mod are non-accessible it gets dull really fast.

True, if every town had somewhat of a medical building / tents (this is the zapocalypse after all) and maby a shop ... it would be much better.

And spawn killing, or at least camping cherno & electro would not be as "popular".

Also, all the other towns would weild more of a risk to loot ... since more people would stay up north.

I like travelling around places. I dont want to have tension all the time and if travelling was faster, then you would get geared up way too fast and run out of fun. The game would become too easy if getting loot and food was faster and easier.

Edited by Shaimou