daspope

Looting Cherno: Risk vs Reward

So I spawned near cherno and decided I was going to make a cherno looting video with commentary, ironically before I started the video I decided on "Looting Cherno: Risk vs Reward".

All was going dandy I had enough food/drink and weapons/ammo to last me a trip through the woods to the north, but I got greedy. I wanted to get a better rifle/handgun, some morphine, an axe etc. Basically I wanted to hit all my usual spots.

What makes this video different from others is there were a decent number of people in cherno going crazy at the time. I usually loot cherno when its busy or just go there for some fun.

What made this different, is I wasn't 100% focused on my task as I was giving commentary and such. This bandit must have saw me as I was going into the town and laid in wait for me, I heard no movement from him as I was going up the stairs and he was in position it light me up, which he did a great job of...

I dont get mad when stuff like this happens to me, even when recording. death is part of this game, especially when you take risks.

Bravo Bandit! You waited patiently for me and eventually bested me, rather than giving away your position and risking an actual gunfight.

http://youtu.be/tWHGRXgG1A0

EDIT: I Mis-spoke when I said there was over 30 players, that was the prev server I was on before this.

Edited by daspope
  • Like 2

He ninja'd you like a boss :D

damn right he did. lol

hmm when did this happen? We executed 5 looters in row 2 days ago in/near cherno apts :

this was about an 1 to 1.5 hours ago. I usually edit and toss my recording up as soon as I think I have enough good footage from a single play session.

Did not finish the video due to the cheesy, horrible sounding dubstep music selection.

Should have just had commentary IMO.

Did not finish the video due to the cheesy, horrible sounding dubstep music selection.

Should have just had commentary IMO.

well, in the FFWD parts it would have been silence, and there was 10 min worth of FFWD/Cut Scenes lol.

Dunno about you but I dont like watching silent vids, and to let it run at normal speed would have just been a long video with a disappointing ending lol.

dont run with your secondary in high pvp areas bro :D

Just run from the zombies!

I didn't shoot a single zombie, I used the revolver because the enfield is huge and annoying in buildings, and draws way too much attention inside cherno.

If I had a smaller and quieter rifle I would have used it rather than the revolver.

this was about an 1 to 1.5 hours ago. I usually edit and toss my recording up as soon as I think I have enough good footage from a single play session.

Didn't see that video with my mobile phone, when i replied :) Maybe that dude was just looting and suddenly heard some footsteps and panicked, nice vid tho :)

we did it on moonlight lol, it was like the situation "kill or be killed", because we wasn't sure about the players.

Had to make it sure that my friend will be able to loot the upstairs, while i have guard on with my m4a1 cco sd. If i lose this gun to hackers, i might take a little break.

Have been able to survive week without shit hitting the fan.

lol i just learned something..

i wasnt aware you could see how many people were on the server after you had logged in..

thx for that..

ps also i see your picking up gear without having to mouse over to the -> arrow.. how is it your managing that ???

Edited by Siberian
  • Like 1

haha sneaky bandit, I love dayz videos and stories! I ran into a group the other day and they all had AK's and I was unarmed and to say I got slaughtered is an understatement, where is the morals in shooting unarmed people!

ps also i see your picking up gear without having to mouse over to the -> arrow.. how is it your managing that ???

Double click the item and it will place it in your inventory (or backpack if its open).

It will only bring it into your inventory, you cant drop items this way :(

If you're having problems getting though doors, wiggle the mouse back and forth. You should pop though a doorway no problem.

Nice vid. I visited there last night for the first time and did some looting. Didn't find very much, but had great fun exploring the apartments.

Double click the item and it will place it in your inventory (or backpack if its open).

It will only bring it into your inventory, you cant drop items this way :(

thx again, i did not know that either..

that'll help speed up looting in risky areas.

If you're having problems getting though doors, wiggle the mouse back and forth. You should pop though a doorway no problem.

Yeah, doors piss me off in this game, especially when I try to go through strafing sideways if I saw someone run by. they need to either widen the opening of doors, reduce the players collision box or add some logic to the code to allow players easier passage through the doors, this being a mod though, most of that prob isn't possible

haha sneaky bandit, I love dayz videos and stories! I ran into a group the other day and they all had AK's and I was unarmed and to say I got slaughtered is an understatement, where is the morals in shooting unarmed people!

You run into a bunch of guys with AKs and you think they're going to let you go? Never trust a man with an AK.

• Like 1

You run into a bunch of guys with AKs and you think they're going to let you go? Never trust a man with an AK.

Agree, whenever I run with an AK I feel like being a bandit more.... The gun.... It changes you....