Slyguy65

The monopoly of private parties is upon us.

By private parties i of course mean teamspeaks,mumble,ventrilo,steam talk.

Due to the new mindset of players in DayZ now, which is:

"OMFG EVERYONE IS A BAD GUY THEY ALL MUST DIE"

Or something along those lines, everyone just shoots first and asks questions later. Now i know there are other topics dealing with that specific issue but what im hear to talk about is how it is affecting other aspects such as teamwork and communication. I feel as though this mod IS degenerating into a class system.

THE POOR-

will be the lone survivor who just wants to play the game it was meant to be played; surviving, taking calculated risks, just treating things like a gamble. Except it isn't a gamble anymore it is nothing but keeping your head down and doing nothing but avoiding other players.

This is what bugs me it has turned a MULTIPLAYER mod into this, you should not view all players as a threat, but that is now the mindset and for the "poor" there is no reason to play this since there is apparently a single player version out somewhere.

THE MIDDLE CLASS-

This and the poor are most players, the middle class are people who have some form of outside communication app (vent, TS) and browse for a DAYZ channel, While that is all fine and dandy it then only feels as though i am now playing a coop zombie mission with hostile NPCs and a group of players....which seems to satisfy most but IMO becomes boring since you know that the other people should be unknown factors...not obvious threats. Plus there are not very many dayz teamspeaks (the app i use) i found about 3 or 4 public ones with only around 5-15 people on at a time and it tends to be the same people so it feels very closed.

THE RICH CLASS-

Your probably wondering who the rich are right? Well i can tell you it is a small percent but not why you think. The Rich class are like the middle class but are in clans or specific groups of people and always play together. Becoming "rich" is not hard if your middle class since it is a sort of unspoken rule that people on the teamspeak, mumble, vent, don't kill each other. So it is easy to play with some random people and talk to them for an hour or two and become friends then rinse and repeat till you have your own dayz group. The downside is the same as middle class you essentially just end up playing like a coop zombie with hostile NPCs (this is why rich is rare since the rich are essentially the same as middle class just more adamant on playing with specific people instead of random friendlies) another slight difference is that when your "rich" you will actually be the hostile NPCs in the other players mind since when your "rich" you will most likely hunt down other players since there is nothing else to do. (NOTE: middle class do this too but rich are more likely to all agree and hunt people down since middle class usually are always trying to decide what to do)

(The oppressed always become the oppressors and vice versa)

The point of this post is just to point out how eventually the

"lone survivor" will be extinct, if that happens the game really wouldn't be what it was meant to be i mean the motto is

"This is DayZ this is your story"

when in reality it will be

"This is DayZ...you better get teamspeak or something or your F*CK'D".

P.S I think later down the road it might just become rich vs rich meaning instead of deathmatch as it is now...it will just be TDM, then it really will be Elder Scrolls:CoD

Long Story Short:

Today-Deathmatch

Tomorrow-Team Deathmatch

Can it be prevented?

I havent heard of a game preventing the use of outside VOIP apps

THE POOR-

will be the lone survivor who just wants to play the game it was meant to be played; surviving' date=' taking calculated risks, just treating things like a gamble. Except it isn't a gamble anymore it is nothing but keeping your head down and doing nothing but avoiding other players.

This is what bugs me it has turned a MULTIPLAYER mod into this, you should not view all players as a threat, but that is now the mindset and for the "poor" there is no reason to play this since there is apparently a single player version out somewhere.

[/quote']

I guess I fall into this category, but I love that all players are a threat and it is exactly the reason I keep playing DayZ.

And I bet I'm not the only one.

Everyone is divided into clans in the real world, nobody is a lone wolf.

We just call our clans something different, like countries, factions, insurgencies, guerrillas, etc.

If you want to survive in DayZ, or even in the real world, you need to pick a clan/country to support so they, in turn, will support you.

Unlike DayZ though, it's kinda hard to just swap clans IRL...I really have considered moving to Sweden or around that area. =/

A week ago, I used to be able to lone-wolf it around electro in the dark without being seen, not feeling threatened at all, but in the past week I've been sniped a few too many times to want to keep doing that. I pretty much won't play now unless I've got someone on my mumble or steam chat watching my back. I have no idea how to make the idea of solo-ing this mod more appealing... Next time I want to play and don't have friends around to play with, I'm just gonna play Arma.

Blame the community , not the game. After trekking around for 72 hrs, having everything a solo runner needs to survive, I was shot in the back on the ground in a shaded area in a forest(looking at my map).If people are so ruthless as to actually get off on that, and pretend they are role playing, i need to group, its just a matter of the enviroment.

I use Steam/TS3/Skype all the time to talk with groups of friends who are playing with me. That still has NEVER prohibited me from using direct communication or side chat when trying to figure out if someone is friendly..

Blame the community ' date=' not the game. After trekking around for 72 hrs, having everything a solo runner needs to survive, I was shot in the back on the ground in a shaded area in a forest(looking at my map).If people are so ruthless as to actually get off on that, and pretend they are role playing, i need to group, its just a matter of the enviroment.

[/quote']

They're not pretending to roleplay, they're playing the game as more of a battle royale in a zombie apocalypse setting. And it's pretty damn fun.

But I'm sure many players would also love the ability to do something else (or at least try to kill other players who are doing something else). I just don't think this'll be the game that will (or can) bring us that.

Like I said elsewhere, the game is hamstrung by 50 player max + cross server persistence allowing players to exploit server hopping (to avoid enemies, accumulate loot, etc). There is no way to add a true persistent/MMO experience with that design.

Everyone is divided into clans in the real world' date=' nobody is a lone wolf.

We just call our clans something different, like countries, factions, insurgencies, guerrillas, etc.

If you want to survive in DayZ, or even in the real world, you need to pick a clan/country to support so they, in turn, will support you.

Unlike DayZ though, it's kinda hard to just swap clans IRL...I really have considered moving to Sweden or around that area. =/

[/quote']

Actually "Countries, factions, insurgencies, guerillas, etc." all exist in regions with infastructure.

In true "apocalyptic" scenarious one can act alone and that is hat makes it unique to the situations going on in the world today.

In Day-Z I mostly travel alone but I'll help if I feel its safe.

It is just lazy to kill on sight since everyone has the same mindset they don't feel like breaking from the cycle and attempting communication.

People are supposed to be an unknown factor a GAMBLE when they shoot on sight it is the same thing as playing against AI or any other FPS out there.

Playing like that becomes very one dimensional. Which is what most shooters are so it is very understandable why dayz is becoming this way. It is just sad to see something unique degenerate into something that we already have in some other form.

Dude... WTF?!

I'd love to have a proper in game communication working but... seriously WTF?!

You're complaining because people play just with his clan mates and people he know?!

Come on, seriously... do you really think that people in a zombie apocalypse people would prefer to join with random people than people they already know?

This is mindless. Completely insane.

We just need a GOOD communicating voice device in game. That's all. But you CAN'T blame people making "private groups" and then killing everybody who's not with them. "You're not one of us, I can't trust you". In a post-apocalyptic setting is totally legit.

Blame the community

See i saw that and i thought i should point that out. I have seen many a game where this is true and your right. But the community (people on the forums) the people who are quite interested in this game. Don't wish for it to be a straight up FPS deathmatch (at least for the most part...i hope)

The point is the "community" that is causing the game to suck in some aspects are like people who are struck blind deaf and dumb. There is no reaching them on a mass scale. Except by changing the thing they are affecting (which is the game)

So while you are correct in saying it is the "community" or players fault it doesn't mean the game can't be changed to change how they act.

If there were more elements that required teamwork this would not be such an issue but as of now THE ONLY REASON TO TRULY cooperate with someone is bloodpacks. There needs to be more things added that force cooperation. If that is done there would not be so much insensitive to shoot on sight.

But if features that force cooperation are implemented too late (by the time everyone just sticks with their own private party) then it will have been too late since the Team deathmatch age will be in affect.

But that still does not mean groups shooting other groups on sight can't be solved. If there was a way to inspire cooperation between groups then that would solve the future TDM issue. One thing i can think of is taking over towns and making them a settlement or a "safe haven" of some kind if teams become a big thing like shooting on sight is now hopefully the zombie count will be big enough to require such cooperation.

Well i said all that really could be said from me on this topic ill just let people post.

Its gotten pretty ruthless.... no one even ask if friendly anymore... stopped in the woods to check map/supplies etc.. and plan next move and bam... 1 shot death no clue where he was or where he came from as I was skirting treeline and well hidden.. such is life in DayZ but never ends...

Earlier was a new char decided since I spawned near good ole Balota id check it on my way inland... im there 2 minutes and no warning just start taking fire... retreat into building and soon enough had 3 survivors die trying to kill me... never even bothered to say Hi...

Dude... WTF?!

You're complaining because people play just with his clan mates and people he know?!

Come on' date=' seriously... do you really think that people in a zombie apocalypse people would prefer to join with random people than people they already know?

We just need a GOOD communicating voice device in game. That's all. But you CAN'T blame people making "private groups" and then killing everybody who's not with them. "You're not one of us, I can't trust you". In a post-apocalyptic setting is totally legit.

[/quote']

I wasn't aware people thought i was bashing the idea of private parties...

To clarify i am saying how it shouldn't be a NECESSITY to team up outside the game, also if you want to talk "realism" for a second if you were in an area in which you knew people you wouldn't randomly spawn on a coast line. With no idea where your "friends" or people you knew were.

In a zombie apocalypse where you wash up on a shoreline everyone is an unknown and therefore should be treated as an equal threat/ally. Right now everyone is viewed as a threat and that is leading people into forming allies outside the game which takes away from the REALISM people so desperately cry for. I am hoping later on you can find radios and communicate with other potential allies which is the "REALISTIC" approach to finding friendlies since it will be IN-GAME. Retreating to a VOIP to find friends is extremely UNREALISTIC just the same as using an internet map.

I was merely just trying to get the point across that since there are outside ways to affect the game it would be nice if the game could compensate for that. Outside VOIP should not be a requirement to find friendly people. That is all im trying to say.

Now im done, i didn't want others to think i was against the whole grouping up thing i just wanted to point out the way you "team up" is sad how it has to be done outside the game (hence the PRIVATE party title guess i didn't clarify the meaning of that.) and how there are almost zero reasons to actually cooperate yet multiple reasons to kill others or use them.

Simply put a balance between cooperation and competition is non existent.

Well this is what happens in a sandbox game without any rules of engagement. Granted there are not that many games out there hell i would not be surprised if dayz and eve online are the only one's. (someone correct me if i am wrong)

Noone is stopping you to start recruiting people and start your own little clan/faction/groupie whatever you want to call it. But even then if you do this with people in a game that does not have any rules things might not go the way you want them. People can still backstab you, seen it happen on eve many times aswell.

Just think that everything goes, and although when you die you lose everything. Unlike real life you are free to start over gain, now on this part is where things are different. Because of this alot of players tend to be more aggressive then they would probably be in real life. However even with that said don't you think that in a world gone to the shitters where you have to scavenge for food and water there will be people that would probably attack you for it once it starts getting scarce.

So yeah there will be people that will rather shoot you then have to deal with you telling them your friendly and figuring out that your sincere or those that like to take you up on that offer and help you.... O almost forgot about the one's that say they will help you and once they run out of equipment or simply think your help is no longer required they shoot you in the back of your head.

The only way this would turn out differently is to simulate death better, so think about a 24 hour lockout of the game if you get killed..... I am pretty sure for those that still play it then, they will think twice before doing things they might regret. But even then you will still have them but i am pretty sure the numbers of players would drop quite a bit aswell.

Greetz Solid

THE POOR-

will be the lone survivor who just wants to play the game it was meant to be played; surviving' date=' taking calculated risks, just treating things like a gamble. Except it isn't a gamble anymore it is nothing but keeping your head down and doing nothing but avoiding other players.

[/quote']

Since this seems to be the mindset today, and I may add it only seems to be like this today. This could technically speaking mean that everyone is going insane. Who knows??

Dude... WTF?!

Come on' date=' seriously... do you really think that people in a zombie apocalypse people would prefer to join with random people than people they already know?

[/quote']

I wasn't aware people thought i was bashing the idea of private parties...

To clarify i am saying how it shouldn't be a NECESSITY to team up outside the game, also if you want to talk "realism" for a second if you were in an area in which you knew people you wouldn't randomly spawn on a coast line. With no idea where your "friends" or people you knew were.

In a zombie apocalypse where you wash up on a shoreline everyone is an unknown and therefore should be treated as an equal threat/ally. Right now everyone is viewed as a threat and that is leading people into forming allies outside the game which takes away from the REALISM people so desperately cry for. I am hoping later on you can find radios and communicate with other potential allies which is the "REALISTIC" approach to finding friendlies since it will be IN-GAME. Retreating to a VOIP to find friends is extremely UNREALISTIC just the same as using an internet map.

I was merely just trying to get the point across that since there are outside ways to affect the game it would be nice if the game could compensate for that. Outside VOIP should not be a requirement to find friendly people. That is all im trying to say.

Now im done, i didn't want others to think i was against the whole grouping up thing i just wanted to point out the way you "team up" is sad how it has to be done outside the game (hence the PRIVATE party title guess i didn't clarify the meaning of that.) and how there are almost zero reasons to actually cooperate yet multiple reasons to kill others or use them.

Simply put a balance between cooperation and competition is non existent.

Aside from our different thoughts on the matter of "private party".

We both agree we need a real communication device INSIDE the game. Would it be radios, walkie-talkie, in-game VOIP: In this game all we need to fix a lot of these "balance issue" is a quick way to communicate.

We can't spend time writing "are you friendly?