zenshou

DayZ - Beyond a joke.

For starters, if you don't care for the rants of angry nerds then you best look for another thread.

How fucking long does it take to fix a patch? They've completely fucked the game with this recent patch and to begin with I thought "It's alpha, this sort of thing is to be expected' but now it's 5+ days after the fact and it's still not fixed? I mean what the fuck. The game is unplayable, I can barely find a server that will actually pass the loading screen and the graphical glitches are still running rampant. It's poor enough that they release such a horrid patch to begin with, but not fixing it within a reasonable time frame is even worse.

Did they just give up on this mod all together and start working on this 'stand alone' version of the game?

TL;DR Dev team are fucking woeful and need to hurry the fuck up with fixing the game.

• Like 1

Just make sure you join a game running the same patch as you so it hardly ever gets stuck at the loading screen and also the graphical glitches when you come to them can be simply fixed by exiting the game and setting it back up. This ain't the best solution but it lets you enter the cities or airfields without being blinded by graphical glitches.

Did someone kill you?

You're obviously stupid because I didn't once mention anything about dying.

Its not his shit that's fucked up it this game, stop defending and look at the bigger picture this game is being left out to dry because of the stand alone. Just wait till the hive goes down for this mod and your forced into buying the stand alone for your dayz pleasure.

Its not his shit that's fucked up it this game, stop defending and look at the bigger picture this game is being left out to dry because of the stand alone. Just wait till the hive goes down for this mod and your forced into buying the stand alone for your dayz pleasure.

Yes. That will be such a tragedy.

As if we're not all planning on doing that anyway.

Why the fuck would you stick around and play the mod after the actual game comes out?

God some of you people are so ridiculous.

• Like 1

For starters, if you don't care for the rants of angry nerds then you best look for another thread.

How fucking long does it take to fix a patch? They've completely fucked the game with this recent patch and to begin with I thought "It's alpha, this sort of thing is to be expected' but now it's 5+ days after the fact and it's still not fixed? I mean what the fuck. The game is unplayable, I can barely find a server that will actually pass the loading screen and the graphical glitches are still running rampant. It's poor enough that they release such a horrid patch to begin with, but not fixing it within a reasonable time frame is even worse.

Did they just give up on this mod all together and start working on this 'stand alone' version of the game?

TL;DR Dev team are fucking woeful and need to hurry the fuck up with fixing the game.

When was the new patch officially released? You can't even update it through the Six Launcher yet...... Try reading the dev posts before downloading an unofficial/unfinished patch before raging about it. You are playing a FREE mod.... Wtf kid try spending your time creating work arounds or posting detailed bug reports instead of abusing guys working on a free mod cause your going through puberty and you're all raggy.

• Like 2

Just make sure you join a game running the same patch as you so it hardly ever gets stuck at the loading screen and also the graphical glitches when you come to them can be simply fixed by exiting the game and setting it back up. This ain't the best solution but it lets you enter the cities or airfields without being blinded by graphical glitches.

I've got 99 problems, but a glitch ain't one. B)

• Like 3

I don't really have any of those problems but I hear it's annoying.

I do wonder what could be keeping those DayZ guys... perhaps some type of event or gathering of gamers or industry professionals could be going on. Or maybe they're just trolling guys like you OP? I guess we'll never know. It's a shame they don't communicate this type of thing in interviews or through a news section of this very website. Don't they know they're our slaves and are meant to code around the clock for our amusement?! /s

Oh sorry OP I forgot that you bought the DayZ mod.

Wait...you didn't? Gosh that means the DayZ dev team don't need to anything.

It's an alpha, you've admitted that, go take a chill pill and realise you are a tester, not a gamer of DayZ.

• Like 1

Yes. That will be such a tragedy.

As if we're not all planning on doing that anyway.

Why the fuck would you stick around and play the mod after the actual game comes out?

God some of you people are so ridiculous.

I'm not on about that i'm on about the fact that people have put a lot of time and money into making this community what it is today. The constant over looking of certain things in game has become a nightmare be it hackers to duping to glitches via barbed wire. This game as it is now is worse than what it was 3 months ago and for me i'm just hoping he comes through with the goods for the stand alone. But saying i'm ridiculous? You a retard or something? this mod will live on, people have this game right here right now and doesn't cost a pennie and once Rocket let's it out from his kid gloves the mod scene and server hosts's will rejoice.

Edited by sye73

Instead of being ignorant and all self-entitled, how about spending some time having a break from the game and having a bit of a read (and think, I know it's hard, try) about whats going on.

Doing stuff takes time.

Right now, of course the focus is not going to be directly on the mod. He finally managed to achieve his own little team inside an established development studio, sorting out the logistics for this alone is going to take a few weeks. Then, after months (possibly years) of wanting to pull apart the RV engine, he just got given the keys to the candy shop. I imagine he'll want to start messing around with that asap.

Personally, I would not give a single F if the mod never evolved from here and all the time and effort went directly into the standalone game. But, I can see how still working on the mod is beneficial to the end product so glad that it will still be getting updates.

Have a break from the game. Seriously, smashing your head against that brick wall isn't going to get it to move. Come back fresh and ready to try new things.

• Like 1

Pretty much every bit you stated was either incorrect, wrong-context, or just stupid. Information exists on this website that can give you the answers you want, not deserve, yet you keep yourself ignorant to all of it for god knows why. Have fun.

Edited by PunchClockVillain
  • Like 2

About the grapichal glitches.

press left ctrl and - on the numpad and wirte flush.

It won't come up any chat dialog but it works! :)

• Like 1

You see, DayZ was a mod created by one guy from NZ who was hoping they'd end up with maybe 150 people across a few servers, and ended up with 1,000,000 unique players.

There is no big Dev team for DayZ. We're lucky that BIS is paying rocket to make DayZ while at work as it is. He works his ass off to get this game fixed, and your pointless threads do nothing to fix it at all.

Stop forgetting that this is not a game, this is a mod. Most mods that completely change the game like this aren't released to the public until often a year after they were started. Be thankful you can play it right now.

• Like 1

its ok because day z will be released on consoles!!!!

Source on this?

I'm extremely doubtful about this. Xbox Live and PSN both have terms that say there is a bandwidth limit in online games. I don't know what it is exactly, but 50 players on such a huge map exceeds the limit by more than 3 times.

Waaaa Waaaa Waaaa I'm allowed to play test an alpha openly and its got bugs! Waaaa it's built on an old engine which was never designed for this type of gsmeplay and they just don't get my sense of entitlement for everything to be perfect to play.

Testing isn't a given right, it's a privelage.

NOw tell us how the mod is dying, your unsubscribing, we cant have your stuff, and your 'clanmates' are leaving in droves, the dev team don't know the first thing about x y or z, and how you will be giving your money to warz.

• Like 1

Okay, so maybe it is a privileged position we're given and yes I suppose it is a 'mod' rather than a 'game'...but cmon, how long does it take to fix a patch that has broken the mod.. Take me back to last week when I was actually able to play the game.

So what I'm trying to say is... I wish they'd release working patches.

EDIT: referred to mod as 'game' again out of habit.

Edited by zenshou
  • Like 1