Sign in to follow this  
jamestrendall

I need help finding login positions in .rpt file.

Last night a few people on our server had been affected by ghosters, A few friends and myself witnessed this first hand, We have been trying to find in the .RPT file the locations of the login and out positions so we can submit this in the cheat section and also flush our server of anyone else doing this douche bag move,

We have the players name time and then a string of numbers similar to this,

PLAYER NAME time

PASS false

1234.12 1234.12 136

Its along those lines, Now we thought the 4digit number followed by the decimal was the coords of there log in but it turns out when i log in at say 056-056 on the map the .RPT file hasn't got any numbers to even come close to this number,

So we are a bit confused now and unsure how to prove this and read the .RPT file and keep playing by ROCKETS and the DAYZ team's rules for hosting a server.

If anyone could help me and let me know how to find the coords of logins so we can stop these guys from ghosting on out server i would be mighty happy.

Thanks in advance James.

seriously no one know this answer to this question? The only thing we have figured out is maybe the hive records the coords in a 10x10 grid per each grid ref on the dayz map, Thus making the grid size 9999.99 by 9999.99 Only thing is we cant figure out where the start and finish is on the grid to map out the exact math to figure these coords out!

I hate spending more time researching on how to read grid ref's ect.... just so i can have exact proof of exploiters in the game to ban them!

---edit---

I misunderstood your original post.

Your goal is to catch Ghosters. But I'm not entirely sure how you can do this with any certainty.

Sure, you can map out the coordinates grid over the map and pinpoint player log-ins. But exactly how much time do you assign a player for movement on another server before you declare them a Ghoster? Seems rather difficult to prove anything.

Edited by Ped

Well of course they'll be on the master database, but it's more the translation of the XYZ to six figure, that sort've thing

As of 1.7.2.5 Its much harder to track teleporters or hackers. Alot of the information used to be in the .rpt file, but its no longer shows player locations/weapons constantly. This was very useful to me to find obvious hackers and teleporters, but was abused by other admins.

battleEYE forever. this thing will catch all cheaters and ban them permanently :)

was surprised today - killed 1 teleporter with my mates directly in his head.

then we spawned in the air, learned how to fly.

anyway, install battleeye, pray and NEVER ban cheaters. It's forbidden!