miket

New toolbelt item: Duct Tape

It could also be use to tape a flash light to a gun lol

I really like a lot of these ideas, but I think that as a tool, duct tape would be way too powerful. Taping mags together? Binding players? An item that allows that type of stuff would probably be more balanced as a consumable item like food, so that you have to collect and carry quite a bit of tape to do something like tie up a couple people.

I really like a lot of these ideas, but I think that as a tool, duct tape would be way too powerful. Taping mags together? Binding players? An item that allows that type of stuff would probably be more balanced as a consumable item like food, so that you have to collect and carry quite a bit of tape to do something like tie up a couple people.

It could be use for X amount of times. Depending on the task.

For exemple: mag tie = 1 use

tie player = 2-3 use

and so on...

It could be use for X amount of times. Depending on the task.

For exemple: mag tie = 1 use

tie player = 2-3 use

and so on...

The more I think about this the more I agree. When I thought about the uses that have been listed, I figured being able to bind someone's hands and feet, gag them, and blind fold them, as many times are you wanted, with one roll of duct tape, would be a little overpowered. Not to mention having an unlimited to supply of temporary bandages (even if it only reduces bleeding rate instead of stopping it).

Edited by MykeMichail

This sounds awesome. but yeah a limited number of uses. It would also be awesome if it could be used to repair slightly damaged tires. As if it were to plug up a hole on a regular tire but it wont last forever.

tools so far are all non-consumable, they don't afaik have durability, while consumable items can be collected in multiples (must place extra tools in your backpack) and can have a number of "uses", like ammunition mags. It makes more sense as a usable item, like a trap (could have multiple uses). Having as a consumable also allows the dev to control the usage of duct tape, in case it turns out to be too powerful, by manipulating the drop rate.