Sign in to follow this  
p3rvyxx

Day Z vs The War Z

Um, if you die in warz you have to wait so many hours before you can make a new one or pay irl money to respawn. WHO THE FUCK WANTS TO PLAY THAT!?

Thanks for showing me what Warcrap is. ;) Better stick to arma3 engine!

DayZ isn't going to be using the ARMA3 engine.

The problem we have is not that someone is making a similar game to Day Z - our problem is that that they're shamefully trying to diminish or hide the profound influence Day Z has clearly had on the tawdry copy of it that they are making! Not to mention the impudence their lead designer, Sergey Titov, has shown in coming to our forum to plug his shitty game. The nerve!

All the deceit, lies and disrespectful behavior from The War Z team is pathetic.

Edited by Zarathustra

The problem we have is not that someone is making a similar game to Day Z - our problem is that that they're shamefully trying to diminish or hide the profound influence Day Z has clearly had on the tawdry copy of it that they are making! Not to mention the impudence their lead designer, Sergey Titov, has shown in coming to our forum to plug his shitty game. The nerve!

All the deceit, lies and disrespectful behavior from The War Z team is pathetic.

They openly admit day z influencing a lot of additions and changes. As for the rest of their information, I will believe them when I see proof. Not having in game footage at this point is very shady.

What really got me excited about Warz is how the competition will push dayz to the next level quicker.

After seeing so many threads about the DayZ vs WarZ I went ahead and tried War Inc Battlezone.

And god damn that game was awful.

"Will my System be able to run The War Z?

Originally Posted by sergeytitov

Here's simple test - go and try game War Inc. Battle Zone. It's F2P game so you won't need to pay anything. It uses same engine and have approximately same system requirements as War Z.

What gun-controls can be expected from the game?

The closest comparison we have right now is a mix of War Inc and Battlefield 3.

So it will be the same engine and same gun controls. Horrible gameplay and afaik there is no lean and no freeview in bf3 and war inc.

anyway before giving war inc a shot I was pretty into pre ordering WarZ to have something to do while waiting for the DayZ standalone. Now I'm uncertain and it will need a lot to convince me to give it a try.

uhh, have you guys even read up on what the war z is offering, i plan on playing the shit out of both games. they both look epic.

Yep, when dayz first came out i checked out some player reviews and vids that were starting to pop up, got interested , 29 bucks ? why not...it actually surpassed my expectations as most games fall flat regards the hype they get. Warz just aint doing it for me in the same way world of tanks doesn't do it for me, i think it will be good in another way though as it should take a large part of the meme based userbase from dayz.

. Epic is way overused. The universe is epic. Coming across a waterhole after three days crawling on your kneebones in the Sahara is epic.The battle of Stalingrad was epic.

why the war Zinc sucks:

-they ripped everything off dayZ including the name and then claimed they thought of everything first

-it's an exact copy of war inc just modded (war inc sucks it doesn't even have a weapon switch animation) http://imgur.com/a/SvNg5

-since it's the same as war inc it's just a cheesy arcade shooter with no realistic elements like wildelife, voice communication or leg breaking

-they make you pay a one time price and then they try to scam you with a cash shop as if it were a F2P game

-it's made by a sleezy company that only cares about making the game easy for casuals so they get more money

-it's 2 months from being released and they don't have any gameplay videos (embarrassed of their incomplete game?)

1. They are not ripping off DayZ. The concept of an open world survival game has been around for years... DayZ wasn't even the first zombie mod for ArmA2 to tinker with the concept. I'd also point out that Undead Labs announced an open world zombie survival MMO years ago thats still in development. If anything, both DayZ and WarZ are ripping them off (there not).

2. I guess Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, and Portal are all exact copies of Half Life 2 then right? After all all four games (as well as other Valve titles) share assets, textures, sounds, and have identical menu structures.... just like WarZ and War Inc.

3. Your assumption here is based on?

4. Scam you? They are giving you the option to buy items... you don't actually have to. So long as they continue to add content like they claim post-launch, there is no issue with this.

5. Sleezy? They are simply making a game to a very popular genra... how is that sleezy? Besdies have you seen the way Rocket and the DayZ mods act sometimes...? Far from professional.

6. DayZ Standalone is also going to be released shortly (an alpha release is still a release), and we have never even seen it. No screenshots or anything... I guess thats an embarrasment as well? Also, the game comes out this fall which means theres still four months left in its launch window, not two.

-------------------------------

Funny thing is, I bet you have signed up for the WarZ beta and have plans to buy the game.... and why shouldn't you? If you like DayZ you'll probably like WarZ. There is more then enough room in the world for both games.

1. They are not ripping off DayZ. The concept of an open world survival game has been around for years... DayZ wasn't even the first zombie mod for ArmA2 to tinker with the concept. I'd also point out that Undead Labs announced an open world zombie survival MMO years ago thats still in development. If anything, both DayZ and WarZ are ripping them off (there not).

2. I guess Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, and Portal are all exact copies of Half Life 2 then right? After all all four games (as well as other Valve titles) share assets, textures, sounds, and have identical menu structures.... just like WarZ and War Inc.

3. Your assumption here is based on?

4. Scam you? They are giving you the option to buy items... you don't actually have to. So long as they continue to add content like they claim post-launch, there is no issue with this.

5. Sleezy? They are simply making a game to a very popular genra... how is that sleezy? Besdies have you seen the way Rocket and the DayZ mods act sometimes...? Far from professional.

6. DayZ Standalone is also going to be released shortly (an alpha release is still a release), and we have never even seen it. No screenshots or anything... I guess thats an embarrasment as well? Also, the game comes out this fall which means theres still four months left in its launch window, not two.

-------------------------------

Funny thing is, I bet you have signed up for the WarZ beta and have plans to buy the game.... and why shouldn't you? If you like DayZ you'll probably like WarZ. There is more then enough room in the world for both games.

if it comes down to it. I'll probably torrent WarZ to see how it is. I did the same with most of the games I play now a days and it's a great way to save money.

Edited by NightFire661

WarZ will be for Bronies. And Wow rejects. Oh yeah, I said it.

Edited by Nyz