Sign in to follow this  
Rodekil

Random Spawns?

Sup guys,

Just started playing DayZ about a week ago. One of the funnest games I've ever played. Anyways, I had a question about spawns. It seemed like when I first started playing, I would start the game, then leave to go to a new server (without dying), and spawn up in the same location, just on a different server. Now, It seems like that almost never happens. Just today I exited a server in Elektro, and joined a new one only to be spawned in on Kamenka. I have all my gear, same zombie kills etc, just in a different spot. Is this supposed to happen, or is there anyway to fix it? Thanks for the help!

Do you ever ALT F4 or exit the game while it is loading you into a server?

Do you ever ALT F4 or exit the game while it is loading you into a server?

If the server takes a long time to load, or I feel like the game gets stuck on the loading screen, I exit out.

Most likely, you joined a server running a different version to you at some point in-between these two servers, because of this you got stuck on a loading screen and had to abort the game.

When you are on the loading screen, the game puts you in debug forest, probably so you don't get killed by players/zombies while you are still loading.

The hive now thinks you are still in debug forest so puts you back at a random spawn on the coast.

Hey, I'm having that issue, is there a way off this mary go round??

I've closed a lot of windows due to being stuck on loading so I guess that's the reason.

Edited by Toybox