madkowa@gmail.com

DayZ Anti-Hax - a very simple server-side console application for automatically banning hackers in DayZ

I just updated to .7 and I run a bliss server. It gives me the error that it can't find setdamage.log and to ensure it is in my cfgdayz folder, but bliss doesn't use cfgdayz but instead battleye is under bliss. I looked in the dayz antihax config and found nowhere to config this setting and assume it is in a dll. How can I update where it is looking for the file to bliss/battleye instead?

What all does 0.7 do when it interacts with the server via RCon (apart from showing its advert)? Does it reload the ban list and filters? Anything else? Also, is it redownloading every filter file plus the DCBL on every log check, or at a lower frequency (as per my, zcallear's, comment about the frequency here: http://code.google.c.../detail?id=6#c4)?

It does reload the bans and the event file's and scripts as well.

The filters are downloaded on the same frequency as the message (configurable). Also, you can individually enable each filter file. I could add a multiplier for the ban list to reduce the load. (It's not like the ban list is updated hourly).

I just updated to .7 and I run a bliss server. It gives me the error that it can't find setdamage.log and to ensure it is in my cfgdayz folder, but bliss doesn't use cfgdayz but instead battleye is under bliss. I looked in the dayz antihax config and found nowhere to config this setting and assume it is in a dll. How can I update where it is looking for the file to bliss/battleye instead?

I don't recall the version of ArmA, but if you just create a blank file called setdamage.log in the same folder as your bans.txt you'll be all set. If you didn't put the DayZAntiHax in that folder and set the working dir to that, then you need to fix that, but that doesn't sound like your problem. I think it's the blank file.

Does it reload the banlist only when it detects something, every time it checks, or at some other frequency? I have other scripts that add to the ban list, in addition to manually editing it, so I liked the old recommendation of just having Bec reload it every minute.

EDIT:

I realized the error of my ways on my original question. The filters haven't been updated at the CBL since I started using 0.7.

Edited by Mister_Magotchi

Fixed a bug where the filters weren't loading and the message was still working. I reversed the conditions. New version 0.7.1 posted.

• Like 1

Stopped running version .71. Whenever I run it I can no longer connect to RCON and BEC fails to login. This is only when the DayZ AntiHax is running. Also, when I terminate the program, it still runs in the task manager and I cannot run RCON or BEC until I manually kill the process. Not sure what is up, but I can't use this until it is fixed. I have taken to run it on occasion to get the community bans added, but that is it.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Stopped running version .71. Whenever I run it I can no longer connect to RCON and BEC fails to login. This is only when the DayZ AntiHax is running. Also, when I terminate the program, it still runs in the task manager and I cannot run RCON or BEC until I manually kill the process. Not sure what is up, but I can't use this until it is fixed. I have taken to run it on occasion to get the community bans added, but that is it.

Any thoughts or ideas?

i have this same issue.

i have this same issue.

I know about this issue. I was going to fix it last night, but the kid bit through her tongue and we had to take her to the ER. I'll try again tonight. :) Its a simple fix. I'm going to go back to connecting only when I have a reason to send a message. It will result in more connect/disconnects, but it will remove this bug. I think the result will be much better.

I know about this issue. I was going to fix it last night, but the kid bit through her tongue and we had to take her to the ER. I'll try again tonight. :) Its a simple fix. I'm going to go back to connecting only when I have a reason to send a message. It will result in more connect/disconnects, but it will remove this bug. I think the result will be much better.

Why don't you connect on startup and close connection on form/console closing?

Should work just fine.

Why don't you connect on startup and close connection on form/console closing?

Should work just fine.

There were some programming decisions made early on that made that a bit challenging. Maybe in a future release. I have gone back to the connecting and disconnecting, but now I am not filling the console with messages.

Any thoughts or ideas?

i have this same issue.

So I was able to roll 0.8.0 tonight. I fixed the connection issue. It now connects and disconnects as needed.

I also added additional config options for mpeventhandler, as well as the logic to support it. Additionally, you can now set your banlist update frequency and filter update frequency. Also, for those who care, setdamage.txt is now in the cbl filters.

Available for download here: http://code.google.com/p/dayz-anti-hax/downloads/detail?name=DayZAntiHax-v0.8.0.zip

How can i stop this from updating from the community ban list?

I have 2 members of my server that claim they should not be on it and so far they have never hacked on my server but they are on the community ban list.

Every time i run Anti-Hax they get banned again.

I tired commenting out the banlistFrequency=

I would like it to no longer auto update my ban list from the community ban list but still auto ban people that are hacking.

I agree that it should be optional, but worsin: if I were you, I'd search for their GUIDs in the issues list at the DCBL's Google Code site. You may be able to see log entries that will clue you in as to why they were banned.

I'm interested in running this on my server, a couple of questions (apologies if this has been answered, the thread is quite long now :) )

I take it this tool just continues running and keeps running even when the DayZ server is restarted (but needs to be started again if the dedicated server itself is rebooted)?

Does this tool now reload the banlists - or do I still need to install BEC as well?

TIA

seeing i didnt read every post here, and i know its old. But 3 people have been kicked off MY private HIVE server for crashing a helicopter. Remote script ban from anti hax, including 1 admin (me). Want logs to prove no hacking was done? ask me. this is BS :) theres bugs in ALPHA testing yes, but anti cheat engines bugged to shit also, i can only deal with 1 bugged engine lol whose got answers to fix it?

Deleting the bans from the logs, saving it, restarting the server does not fix it, been there tried that. It comes back

Deleting the bans from the logs, saving it, restarting the server does not fix it, been there tried that. It comes back

I'm not positive this will work, but I believe DayZ Anti-Hax just searches the bans.txt for the GUID to determine if it has already been added or not, so try this:

Change the ban from the following (as an example):

a356e744b7d4be54ba9ac4ef0718167f -1 DayZ Anti-Hax (Remote Code Execution)

to:

beeffacebeeffacebeeffacebeefface -1 a356e744b7d4be54ba9ac4ef0718167f

Alternatively, you can just rotate your logs, or delete the offending detections from your logs.

I'm interested in running this on my server, a couple of questions (apologies if this has been answered, the thread is quite long now :) )

I take it this tool just continues running and keeps running even when the DayZ server is restarted (but needs to be started again if the dedicated server itself is rebooted)?

Does this tool now reload the banlists - or do I still need to install BEC as well?

TIA

If you reboot the server you will indeed need to restart Anti-Hax. You do not need BEC if you run this, unless you want to restart the server on a schedule.

seeing i didnt read every post here, and i know its old. But 3 people have been kicked off MY private HIVE server for crashing a helicopter. Remote script ban from anti hax, including 1 admin (me). Want logs to prove no hacking was done? ask me. this is BS :) theres bugs in ALPHA testing yes, but anti cheat engines bugged to shit also, i can only deal with 1 bugged engine lol whose got answers to fix it?

A line about catching flies is bouncing around my head at the moment... Nevermind.

Here's the answer - the restrictions 38 & 40 are used to exploit DayZ. Hence the reason they kick. The default CBL filter haas them set to a 5. A 5 means 1 - log PLUS 4 Kick. ANY entry that ends up in Remote Exec results in a ban. So, if you're comfortable with the risk, change your remoteexec.txt from 5 to 4 and it will kick, but not ban (it will also not log it.) Mind, that when you do that, you will need to change the remoteexecUpdate flag from true to false otherwise it will overwrite the file with the CBL.

As far as the ban goes, I guess you need to understand the way AH works. It scans the log files and bans. You need to remove the offending lines from remoteexec.log, scripts.log or wherever it is indicating. It sounds like scripts.log. Once you take it out of scripts.log you can then remove the ban from bans.txt and it will not show up again.

Just find the GUID of the player and search all the log files and remove the player from them. EASY AS PIE.

Oh, and you should probably try reading more. This is a known issue, but is mostly accepted as a necessary evil.

How can i stop this from updating from the community ban list?

I have 2 members of my server that claim they should not be on it and so far they have never hacked on my server but they are on the community ban list.

Every time i run Anti-Hax they get banned again.

I tired commenting out the banlistFrequency=

I would like it to no longer auto update my ban list from the community ban list but still auto ban people that are hacking.

Set it to 10000000 It will likely never see it. At least until I get around to adding this in the config.

Cool. It looks like the config.cfg regressed to an older version, though.

Also, setdamage detection works, but only if I change the "1.00000" in the damage.lst to "1.000000".

Cool. It looks like the config.cfg regressed to an older version, though.

DAMMIT!!! I put a new together and didn't put it in.