Sign in to follow this  
jackrc11

How to update to 1.7.2.5?

I have a bit of experience in DayZ itself, however, with the semi-recent update to 1.7.2.5, I don't know how to update. I have Six Launcher and Six Updater (which I have virtually no idea how to use) installed, and I assumed it updates automatically. I only bring this up because the majority of populated servers are in 1.7.2.5. So, how do i update?

1. Uninstall SixLauncher/SixUpdater

2. Download DayZCommander, click versions and then update.

3. If step 2 fails, update manually. Download the files from one of the mirrors (http://dayzmod.com/?Download) and extract them to your dayz/addons folder, in my case:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons

• Like 5

Okay okay, i had this problem reccently to. http://www.dayzcommander.com/ go to that site, click download, and then when you have the window of "DayZ Commander" open after downloading it, click on "Version" on the top bar above the server list and then you'll see it say your current running version and beta patch, you can update/downgrade both at the click of the button "Install".

Your welcome.

I had a problem too, until i installed DayZ Commander.

You don't update to 1.7.2.5 because it's not supposed to be played. Server admins just updated their servers. Initially 1.7.2.5 was only meant for small group testing whereas 1.7.2.4 is still the official patch to go. That's why SIX doesn't provide you with 1.7.2.5. We've been asked by Rocket to not do it because it's still too buggy.

I got the impression that servers with 1.7.2.5 wouldn't seem to really allow me on, when I used the 1.7.2.4 version of DayZ. The screen alway said "loading" and I have been assuming that all of them have been similar to the one where I had to wait over 20 min without anything happening and where the screen would still say "loading".

Edited by Treehugger

^ yes that's supposed to happen

So just I just want to clarify that we can stay on 1.7.2.4 for now? There is no need to update yet correct?