Sign in to follow this  
Nonlin

Willpower Stat

How does this sound? Having an extra stat so that when your thirst reaches its min and/or your hunger reaches its min your willpower (your will to live if you will) slowly gets depleted and then you finally give out.

Thirst will drain it fast hunger slowly and if you are absolutely thirsty and hungry then your will to live drains really fast.

Opinions?

Edited by Nonlin

Frankly I don't see the point, isn't this exactly the same as how it works now, but instead of draining blood it will drain a different stat with the end result being the same.

The point is, its a realistic way of giving players a bit of an extra chance to find food or water. Maybe like that extra 10 or 5 minutes you might have need to find it.

I'd say to even expand this with certain player actions effecting aforementioned willpower.

Edited by Nonlin

The point is, its a realistic way of giving players a bit of an extra chance to find food or water. Maybe like that extra 10 or 5 minutes you might have need to find it.

I'd say to even expand this with certain player actions effecting aforementioned willpower.

Will seems like a good factor to consider in a zombie apocalypse.

This could maybe work to make it so that you have to eat and drink more often (anything from orange and above will drain willpower) because lets face it, even when you arent starving to death or dying of dehydration, if you are really hungy (and you consider that red / flashing is litteraly starving to death) then orange would mean you are pretty damn hungry. I dont like this as an idea to INCREASE the amount of time you have to eat or drink, because the game needs to be harder not easier. maybe make it so you are more likely to faint (get knocked out, whatever you want to call it) when your willpower gets low. Would need much more thought than just these tidbits.

sounds ridiculous. as smasht_AU said, this is exactly how hunger/thirst work right now. adding another bar to be depleted before you start losing health will only make an already incredibly forgiving mechanic even more trivial.