zachgibson22

Mother trucker! No one is friendly ever in game!

I'm seriously getting tired of getting shot at on sight by everyone with out even being able to say a word. I can't even remember the last time I found a friendly.... Just a few minutes ago I was just running around and I decided "not to head into Electro" because I had just found a Sniper at the power plant. I ran up the hill and I'm freakin' getting fired upon without one word from out of nowhere. I ran in all crazy directions yelling out in my mic "friendly don't shoot!" and ran away...

It's almost worth it just to keep shitty weapons so I'm a smaller target.

But damn though, people need to give others a chance. I don't care what you are carrying, I can find my own damn stuff! I even give people stuff that I may even need just to be friends.

And this new "Humanity" isn't going to do shit! "Oh I can hear a bandits heart beat." Yeah If you can get close enough to ANYONE before they shoot you!

I'm not trying to complain but it honestly it's just turning into a Free-For-All Deathmatch game with zombies running around as an annoyance.

We need to friendly servers or something... It's just turning into the Hunger Games.

• Like 4

All "us" friendly people are hiding in the wilderness running from tree to tree. :)

• Like 2

I am friendly Id be keen to get on a server and have help for a change :D

But work pays me better than this game so I'll be off to work for now, back in like 8 - 9 hours!

You're going to get shot on sight in elektro, just face it. Get in & out as quickly as possible if you must go to elektro.

I remember Rocket saying something about the "authenticity" of this game. Always try to imagine how it would be in real life if a zombie apocalypse would happen and supplies would run short. There are and always will be assholes.

Edited by Matman

"I went near a large city where large amount of people go to pvp because that is where the risky resources are, and someone shot at me" Are you serious?

• Like 2

People are mostly aggressive because it's a game and there's no consequences. The humanity system could be the start of something, but as is you're right, this game is little more than a frag fest with zombies tossed in to annoy people. It becomes ever more evident as you play longer and realize that all the gear you find is quite easily lost and mostly pointless to get back little more than a main gun and a penchant to kill someone. This game almost reaches a level of consistant playability, but it lacks greatly in the persistance department. You essentially play until you die and start from scratch. With people who've played long enough, all this game becomes is a way kill people who haven't already got their fill of the PvE dynamic and still think this is some survival mmo. The standalone sounds like it will improve on the replayability aspect, but as the game sits with all the hackers and camping snipers it gets pretty repetitive and fast.

Edited by GrimFaust
  • Like 1

"I went near a large city where large amount of people go to pvp because that is where the risky resources are, and someone shot at me" Are you serious?

Oh I'm sorry I didn't know you could choose to spawn wherever the heck you wanted.

And it's not JUST AT ELECTRO. Anyyywheree I Go!! Last time me and my only friend were in the middle of a random forest an got shot at. No Reason.

An for the guy that said shoot back, I wouldn't honestly love to, but it makes it more difficult when you have no idea where they are. I would rather run away than run around hoping I can find him before he shoots me.

I totally agree with Zach...it seems virtually impossible to survive alone.

The problem is that most players seem to team up so there's 3,4 or more of them which makes it easy for them to have lookouts whilst they scavenge and collect supplies and guns, but if you're alone you have to creep about for fear of getting shot.

And you have to go to the big cities, or airfields....where else do you get the map and matches, compass, etc....you can't get these out in the countryside....

It would be nice to have some 'friendly' servers, without fear of getting shot. This would allow you to at least get your equipment together before moving over to the regular servers.......................

I totally agree with Zach...it seems virtually impossible to survive alone.

The problem is that most players seem to team up so there's 3,4 or more of them which makes it easy for them to have lookouts whilst they scavenge and collect supplies and guns, but if you're alone you have to creep about for fear of getting shot.

And you have to go to the big cities, or airfields....where else do you get the map and matches, compass, etc....you can't get these out in the countryside....

It would be nice to have some 'friendly' servers, without fear of getting shot. This would allow you to at least get your equipment together before moving over to the regular servers.......................

This would defeat the wholepurpose of the game. If you want an easy way out join a low pop server, and join clans ( many here to choose from) or get good at soloing. you will die, everybody does.

Funnily enough i came across a friendly player in Cherno last night, just had a general chat with him and went our separate ways.

"That would defeat the whole purpose of the game"

I disagree...

Players that go round in groups have a much easier time scavenging, with someone watching their backs.

Friendly servers would give the solo player the same advantage.

I'm not suggesting you should stay on the friendly server....just long enough to allow you to collect some equipment and give you an equal chance.

At the moment the game is heavily biased towards the team player, and not everyone wants to join a team....................

Edited by blankers

Solo survival isn't difficult at all. Learn the map. I know that sounds stupid but it WILL save your life. You can literally run into cherno loot all of high value residental spawns and get out without so much as a peep from other players. Remember you don't NEED to go into the church, firestation, hospital, or tents. If you don't need to go there don't. The residential spawns will give you maps, compasses, matches, binos, watches, enfields, 1911's, revolvers, food, water, ghillies, tents, camo clothing, backpacks. The residential spawns have many alley's, walls, gates etc. to hide you while you make your way through cherno.

Remember to not make to big of a target out in the open. Sounds like a no brainer but I see it constantly. If you have to cross a street make sure you scout the road as far as you can without putting yourself in harms way. Try not to just run across an open field. Crouch walking, and the shift key are your friend. Find some cover to hide behind and lean out with Q and E to present the smallest silhouette possible when scouting an open area.

Don't kill zombies unless you absolutely have to. Gunshots can be heard from quite a distance away. Not only will you just aggro more zombies, but players will know you're fighting zombies which means you aren't watching your own back and you present an easy target. Even if you have to kill zombies use your sidearm. They are much quieter than the other guns in the game (except silenced weapons). Practice headshots, the less bullets you use to kill a zombie the more bullets you have to kill the player trying to kill you while you're killing zombies.

At the moment the game is heavily biased towards the team player, and not everyone wants to join a team....................

You're entirely incorrect here, which is why players AREN'T friendly. There is absolutely no reason for people to team up because everything in this game can be achieved on your own without having to worry about other people.

People only team up in this game for 2 reasons. They're friends with the people they are teamed up with IRL, or they want to PWNSAUCE at the deathmatch lolfest that is NWAF/Cherno/Elektro.

We'll have to agree to disagree here...

You've only got to watch a few of the youtube vids to see that groups just love going round indiscriminately sniping other players from afar.

We'll have to agree to disagree here...

You've only got to watch a few of the youtube vids to see that groups just love going round indiscriminately sniping other players from afar.

Exactly, which is why this game isn't designed for group play. if you look at the last part of my post i said there are only 2 reasons people team up in this game and one of which is to just deathmatch people in high traffic areas.

Grouping doesn't give them any advantage from a survival standpoint. It only gives them an advantage in pvp.

As a solo survivor you are the ultimate survival machine. 1 person is much harder to spot than a squad of people. 1 person isn't going to need a vehicle to move a camp to a new location. 1 person can survive indefinitely in the wilderness without ever seeing another person in this game.

The biggest key to surviving solo though is learning the map. Learn terrain association, city layouts, a path between 2 points where you provide the least visibility to a possible enemies.

Be patient and move slowly. The videos you speak of are just noobs sniping other noobs. Neither one knows what they're doing but the guy getting sniped just makes himself an easy target.

Edited by Gulmari

To be honest you are how most people start off as, want to be friendly but become hardened by the shoot on sight policy. I used to wait to see if I was fired upon before I fired back, I was killed a lot and used to rage and promise revenge. I started to shoot on sight and only today someone shouted friendly.. I still was unsure and asked him not to point his gun at me while I had mine trained on him, I asked if he needed help. He was on his way to Cherno to meet friends and I then noticed the hero skin on him, I asked if he wanted a lift and he said if he could I took him to my bike and dropped him off in Cherno. So there are still friendly people out there you just need to find them.

Also keep out of the Los of the hills surrounding both Cherno and elektro.

Edited by Fauji
  • Like 1

I am here to help... On weekend. My life takes over on weekday.

I am someone who will always help.

Click the link in signature for more information

Edited by Pilot of Pripyat

I usually operate in a duo. My in-game mic gives me trouble leaving me unable to esablish "friendly", thusly I am the sniper of the team. I come equipped with NVG's, GPS, vehicle, and a DMR. The other guy which has a working mic runs into a city, town, or whatever and grabs loot. Usually he has a low tier gun (makarov as of late), map, and compass. We've had our fair share of enounters, friendly, hostile, and neutral (and mic retards... usually they live...). If my scavenger gets shot at, I kill the belligerent player when they greedily run up to the corpse for loot. Moral of the story is, be nice, but be able to enforce your niceness.

Exactly, which is why this game isn't designed for group play. if you look at the last part of my post i said there are only 2 reasons people team up in this game and one of which is to just deathmatch people in high traffic areas.

Grouping doesn't give them any advantage from a survival standpoint. It only gives them an advantage in pvp.

As a solo survivor you are the ultimate survival machine. 1 person is much harder to spot than a squad of people. 1 person isn't going to need a vehicle to move a camp to a new location. 1 person can survive indefinitely in the wilderness without ever seeing another person in this game.

The biggest key to surviving solo though is learning the map. Learn terrain association, city layouts, a path between 2 points where you provide the least visibility to a possible enemies.

Be patient and move slowly. The videos you speak of are just noobs sniping other noobs. Neither one knows what they're doing but the guy getting sniped just makes himself an easy target.

You sound like an arrogant piece of shit. Like you are god and no-one can hurt you. Honestly most people travel in a group everywhere. Not just in the big cities on the cost. Get a clue. And its easier to survive with a second person. They can watch your back, cover you and bloodbag you. So please get a clue before posting some arrogant pile of crap.

• Like 1

Yeah today I wa ruining I've the idea of having separate friendly servers and other PvP servers maybe in the standalone game. Obviously this brings up the topic of "well you could just get amazing stuff on a non-PvP(friendly) server than just go kill people on other PvP servers." I think they should make it to where people could have different characters for different types of servers. That way weapons and items wouldn't transfer over like that, but still allowing you to go back and forth if you get tired with one kind of server over the other.

Also in reply to what someone said along the lines of "Find a friend on the forums."

I have done that, but let's be honest, nothing feels better than finding another survivor in-game that helps you out or you helping them out and possibly teaming up... That just never seems to be the case anymore sadly...

DayZ is not another zombie infection first person shooter. It's a mind fucking simulation. It pulls you into a extremely realistic infection simulation. Shit, dayZ is as realistic as it gets. Just imagine you are in a broken world, there are few survivors, low amounts of food, and infected people everywhere. If you find another person there is a very low chance of him whipping out his dick to you and giving you a friendly high five. You may have something that he wants or needs, or he may think you are just trying to trick him by saying "I'm friendly" just to get a chance to kill him and take his supplies, either way you will get your mind fucked by lead bullets. Nowhere is completely safe in DayZ. You iether have to man up and think like a survivor or stop playing.

DayZ is not another zombie infection first person shooter. It's a mind fucking simulation. It pulls you into a extremely realistic infection simulation. Shit, dayZ is as realistic as it gets. Just imagine you are in a broken world, there are few survivors, low amounts of food, and infected people everywhere. If you find another person there is a very low chance of him whipping out his dick to you and giving you a friendly high five. You may have something that he wants or needs, or he may think you are just trying to trick him by saying "I'm friendly" just to get a chance to kill him and take his supplies, either way you will get your mind fucked by lead bullets. Nowhere is completely safe in DayZ. You iether have to man up and think like a survivor or stop playing.

Man up and think like a survivor? The way you put it is more like "think like a bandit." I understand that's the game now. It's just NO ONE IS FRIENDLY! If they are you have to find them here on the forums.