Obsolescence

Is using a satchel charge a bannable offense?

I'm sorry if this isn't in the right area, but I'm really confused as to what happened or where I should appeal/report this.

I was on US 405 hosted by SecOndSight2S.com. I found a tent city (maybe the admin's tent city?) and there were 4 satchel charges in the tents. As soon as I tried to use one, the server automatically kicked me, citing something about spawning vehicles (I didn't bother writing down the message).

"Fine," I thought, "I guess the admins own this camp and disabled the use of satchel charges to protect it." So I rejoined from the kick and played on the server for an hour more or so. Several hours later I try to rejoin and it says, "You were kicked off the game. (BattlEye: Banned (Spawning Weapons))"

Does this mean BattlEye has banned me for using a satchel charge? If so, why am I seemingly only banned on this server? If I had known satchel charges were illegal to place I would have never tried but they are listed at DayZDB and DayZ Wiki so I figured they were legit. Does anyone know what I should do about this? I'm worried I'm soon to be banned from all servers and the only thing I did was try to place a satchel charge.

Thank you for all the helpful responses, as always.

It's an official item.

Edited by DappaDan95

Satchel Charges are a legit item in DayZ. Also battleeye has been acting up for the past few days, and aslong as you didn't get a global ban, I wouldnt worry so much. You might have to contact the server admin to get back into that server again if that is what you want.

Satchel charges are not illegal... I have 30 of them in my camp and they are perfectly legal to use.

Sure you do

• Like 2

It's a local server ban, either you duped/used scripts to spawn satchel charges or the admins are incompetent and misunderstood the logs.

Edited by smasht_AU

Sure you do

Dupe happens.

In any event, the SA banned you, so you should file a ban appeal and report the server in the relevant forums. Unless you were spawning, in which case you can go straight to hell.

Edited by sp86

I hid the satchel charges at various tents/vehicles. My friends will be logging in soon to aquire them. I'll give the server admins a chance to respond, but if they don't my friends should be able to verify that either the SA or BattlEye is kicking people automatically for using satchel charges and then this server is banning people for it.

*Cough* *Cough* Duped them* Cough*

I did not dupe them. I found four in the tent city, I tried to use one, and then I hid all four of them. I'm vaguely aware of some method of duping with glitched or duplicated tents or something, but until you suggested it I wasn't even aware there was a method for duping items beyond the tent thing. Either way, I haven't duplicated anything as far as I'm aware.

I dream of the day I find a pickup truck with a satchel charge in the back, I'll drive it to cherno, park it south of Vysota, plant the satchel and just wait for a fish to bite.