Sign in to follow this  
lazyorc

Is this suppose to happen?

So I generally try to stay away from people since everyone is so paranoid they kill you on site. So I was walking around Zelenogorsk and all the sudden I see a player squatting right next to me with a sniper rifle. I smacked him once with the hatchet before he could see me then he shot a couple of times and then I smacked him again and he died.

I went through all of his gear, he had tons of stuff I have never seen before so I picked some stuff out and walked off. This is my second day playing and I figured that since Zelenogorsk is so far away from the spawn area that there would be no way this guy could make it back to get revenge, but 2 minutes later I turn around and there he is. The same guy with the same sniper rifle and he kills me. How did he make it back there so fast? Usually I spawn on the coast?

• Like 1

A hacker teleported to you, hilarious that you killed him, I'm surprised he didn't turn you into a dog/chicken/goat/sheep/bird as punishment.

had the same problem. tho this was in Cherno. he attacked me and my friend. i died and my friend killed him. i spawned on the beach close to cherno (luckily) so i got my gear back. but when we were searching for more gear he appeared again with the same wep and gear. he killed my friend and i got my revenge on him. but then again he came after 2 mins with the same wep and gear.

and it seemed he had infinite ammo..

Sounds like a possible script kiddie. I hate to say it, but you're going to see a lot more "weird" things as you continue to playtest. Just be patient, and don't get attached to your gear :)

Thanks people, I was kind of mad that maybe he had friends in a heli pick him up at the spawn just to come back and get me. I feel better knowing he was more likely a cheater

The server I was on is called US 411 - hosted by Duck Tales Player named Nate

Names are meaningless, any number of people can use the same name, just change it on the main menu.

I'm jealous that you ran into a cheater who was actually able to be killed... they've all been immortals for me lately

Maybe he had the same thing as me, I died and went through the procedure to respawn and I was magically alive again with all my gear, in the same spot and killed the person who had killed me. I think it may have been a bug or a hacker.