Sign in to follow this  
abstract

Zombies Should Run Inside

As I was reading a post about people pking and kos all the time and not wanting to survive and cooperate I had developed a great idea! Alot of the players out there who just want to kill others can usually put up with zombies when they become alert. When the zombies become alert alls the player has to do is run into a building and kill them as they slowly walk to the player. I believe that removing the ability for zombies speed to be drastically reduced indoors should be removed. By removing this and maybe kicking up the zombie numbers just might make players think twice before shooting! And by doing this you make the mod much more challenging and realistic:)

No. They shouldnt.

ZOMBIES BUG OUT INDOORS AND CAN WALK THROUGH WALLS, HIT YOU THROUGH WALLS, WALK THROUGH DOOR FRAMES.

PLUS YOU CANT NAVIGATE EASILY IN APARTMENTS CAUSE THE WEAPON KEEPS COLLIDING WITH SHIT.

And if Zombies are then going to RUN indoors, yeah, good luck defending yourself when you're knocked out immediately once you turn around, bleed to death.

Stupid idea.

Buildings are the great equalizer. Zombies are already as agile as energy drink fueled squirrels outside, and as Aryaa pointed out above, aiming near walls is glitched.

While I agree that its logical they should run in doors, given the current state of the game, the severity and finality of death, I think walking inside is a fair trade off as far as balance/survivibilty goes. Even though this game isnt about being fair, I dont think the devs intend for it to frustate you either, which zombies running indoors would probably lead to. Think about it for a minute, zombies can already run faster than you, they never ever quit, they climb ladders, open doors and swim, running indoors would be overkill for me. (Prehaps it can be worked into the game later on if they ever disable/nerf some of the abilities I mention above, but as it is now I think walking inside is fine.

I'll give you an example of why I think its a fair trade off. I usually dont go out of my way to get aggro, when I go to town, like most people I want to get in and out without any drama from the dead. However sometimes things go wrong, you didnt see the zombie behind you, maybe ones spawn next to you etc. One of two things usually happen here, I run off into the wood and try to gun them down there, usually this ends up still pulling more from the town and I take a beating regardless. My preferred option is to have scouted out the town first, looked for enterable buildings, a barn, maybe a house, I remember where its located and upon pulling aggro I retreat to this location as fast I can and try and hold my ground against the horde there. I usually make it out ok if I had enough ammo and dont hang around long enough for other players to swoop in on my location. I guess my point is that as a player, I factor the walking issue into my plan B, were things to go wrong then I still have a chance to live if I can get to a safe spot to stand my ground. It has made me have a plan instead of mindlessly charging into town, I survey it, I observe and I increase my chances of making it out alive with my beans intact. I love it when a game forces me to think and plan before I act.

Were the zombies able to run indoors however then death would almost certainly ensue everytime a zombie is aggro'd within a town. Im sure there are those that will agrue that this is how it should be, maybe they have a point but me personally I like where the game is at now in terms of balance (apart from the lower numbers in general of zombies but thats another issue).

I dont think Rocket wants to make it nigh on possible to survive in this world of his, just very hard, and imo he is really nailing it in terms of making survivial a real challenge.

if stmovement was adopted/an auto fix for lowering of pistols' date=' then this could be implemented

[/quote']

The thing is.. thats not the problem.

The problem is, if you have 20 zombies on your tail, you run into a building, WITH ZOMBIES that RUN JUST AS FAST You're gonna get cornered in one room and IMMEDIATELY get knocked out. You're not gonna survive 20 zombies RUNNING at you. Unless you manage to get a machinegun.. bt you're lucky as shit if you actually manage to do a full 180* and aim at them... cause, the zombies in current state, run soooooo fast and zigzag ALOT so its already fucking hard to hit the bastards and since they are usually 5 meters if not shorter behind oyu, you dont have alot of time.

Keep the current system. I could agree they'd run through big hallways such as the really big cow barns. But not through apartments or catwalks.

you are describing a situation where you would be fucked to begin with, since 20 zeds are chasing you into a small area...

its an immersion killer to have zeds sprinting and teleporting (obviously needs a fix) then suddenly they start the traditional shuffle along as soon as they hit concrete. either have it one way or the other, switching between the two uniformly is just lame.

stmovement / its philosophy of reducing character box would fix the problem, it would just make things harder. this mod started as an experiment right? an anti game? why should there be allowances to make it easier just because of a bug that could be fixed to begin with?

its an immersion killer to have zeds sprinting and teleporting (obviously needs a fix)

it doesn't need a fix, just quit being an idiot and turn down your settings/resolution some... it's like you block their magic teleporting ability :dodgy:

Im back and forth on this one. I get why having them run inside would add to the realism of it, but right now thats the only real way to deal with a horde of them (other than getting friends).

Thats where my other side comes in and says well then it would be a good thing, encouraging teamwork.

Like I said, back and forth...

its an immersion killer to have zeds sprinting and teleporting (obviously needs a fix)

it doesn't need a fix' date=' just quit being an idiot and turn down your settings/resolution some... it's like you block their magic teleporting ability :dodgy:

[/quote']

its tied to client side performance? didnt know. i am running on max settings, so theres room to move. cool.

my point about running until they hit concrete being bs still stands. unless you want to factor in an "awakenings" type mental condition. just to clarify, thats sarcasm.

This seems like something that the devs intend to do but, as people have said, haven't yet because of the obvious problems with zombie behavior and walls. There's absolutely no reason to not have them running indoors once they won't be glitching through walls and such. Yes it makes the game easier, but I think Rocket has made it abundantly clear that that alone is not a justification for doing anything. Making them walk indoors would just be an arbitrary decision to make the game easier, which doesn't seem likely.

That said, there's no reason to make the game impossible. Until zombie behavior is fixed (which it will be- Alpha!) there's no reason to think about this stuff yet.

This seems like something that the devs intend to do but' date=' as people have said, haven't yet because of the obvious problems with zombie behavior and walls. There's absolutely no reason to not have them running indoors once they won't be glitching through walls and such. Yes it makes the game easier, but I think Rocket has made it abundantly clear that that alone is not a justification for doing anything. Making them walk indoors would just be an arbitrary decision to make the game easier, which doesn't seem likely.

That said, there's no reason to make the game impossible. Until zombie behavior is fixed (which it will be- Alpha!) there's no reason to think about this stuff yet.

[/quote']

good post

in one word: NO

the walking inside is needed as a catalyst for the massive numbers of zeds and their speed outside. Without the walking the mod would be alot less intense.