Sign in to follow this  
FTR

What I hate in current DayZ version/Proposals

1. You are forced to Kill people. Basically there is no way to not kill people if you don't wanna risk to be shot in the face.

Proposal: Give us something, that tell us if player is trustworthy or not. Like humanity bar over player head, or in the playerlist.

2. [Veteran] If you kill player you don't know whos your victim. If you get killed you don't know who killed you. In my opinion, in game where you have only one life, thats some kind of basic information..

Proposal: Give us this info.

3. [Veteran] No way to check players nicks. Makes teaming up so hard.

Proposal: Let us check players nicks on veteran, somehow.

4. Flies when no body around.

Proposal: Make filies dissapear together with body.

5. No penalty for being Bandit.

Proposal: I was thinking about something like that: If you have high humanity (dunno why they removed humanity anyway) you should get chance to respawn with some of your old gear, if you are bandit and die, then you start with basic gear.

6. Hard to teamup, due to random spawn/distance.

Proposal: Let us choose spawn point (more or less) or make boats common vehicle so players can travel around coastal fast. This will also reduce players amount in main cities.

7. Lack of info. how you died.

Proposal: Give us some info. how we died (zombie, type of weapon +player nick or starvation etc.), and shot direction. Would be nice to know what we did wrong and it will prevent questions "What did just happen?".

8. Lack of chat channels.

Proposal: Give us global channel for survivors, global channel for bandits, private channel.

I don't write about bugs like zombies hitting through walls and other bugs, becasue thats obvious.

What do you think? Those changes do not make game easier, but a bit more comfortable.

And yet another person that doesn't get what "sandbox" means

Give us some info. how we died (zombie, type of weapon +player nick or starvation etc.),

You need a system to figure out how you died?

LMAO

I'd say it is yeat another person unfit for zombie apocalypse cruelty.

No, it will not be a kiddy game.

Give us some info. how we died (zombie' date=' type of weapon +player nick or starvation etc.),[/quote']

LMAO

Im with you Hawk.

@ OP you realy don't understand what this game is about most you propose is make it way more carebear and thats something i realy dont want.

Nice try tho, so its nothing personal ok i just dont like your dumb down game points.

Those changes do not make game easier, but a bit more comfortable.

Since you already suggested a killfeed showing who killed who with which weapon I want to suggest the following:

A CoD-style killcam with slow-mo bullet trajectory

Also while you see the killcam there should be WUBWUBWUB-skr1ll3x-crapstep to give you a sense of immersion that cannot be achieved otherwise

It would not make the game "easier", but a bit more "comfortable"......which is basically the same thing in a different name.....

Am I cool yet?

I'm afraid I didn't like any of your suggestions. None of them seem inkeeping with what I understand the conecept of the game is.

I would suggest you re-evaluate why you like this mod?

So much hate. As expected. But you guys didn't gave me any arguments yet.

LMAO

And do you know what kind of weapon killed you? Good for you.

No' date=' it will not be a kiddy game.

[/quote']

You forgot to write which of those changes would make it kiddy, and why. :)

Im with you Hawk.

@ OP you realy don't understand what this game is about most you propose is make it way more carebear and thats something i realy dont want.

No' date=' those proposals won't make it more or less carebear. Thats just some portion of informations we should get or let single players team up with others easier.

Also while you see the killcam there should be WUBWUBWUB-skr1ll3x-crapstep to give you a sense of immersion that cannot be achieved otherwise

It would not make the game "easier", but a bit more "comfortable"......which is basically the same thing in a different name.....

No, in fact in "one-life" game and on so big area, killcam wouldn't become painful for "killer". Anyway I didn't write anything about killcams so I don't understand what you talking about mandman. :)

Also, if you think that information "who killed you" is bad, write why, please.

Sandbox

That pretty much invalidates everything you said

You run through and open field and drop dead - Sniper

You recieve multiple hits and see no person in your proximity - AR or DMR

You see someone running towards you while unloading his pistol - Makarov/1911/G17/PDW

You get eaten by Zeds - Zeds

You fall into barbed wire and bleed to death - Barbed wire

That wasn't that hard, was it?

LMAO

No' date=' it will not be a kiddy game.

[/quote']

You forgot to write which of those changes would make it kiddy, and why. :)

Im with you Hawk.

No' date=' those proposals won't make it more or less carebear. Thats just some portion of informations we should get or let single players team up with others easier.

No, in fact in "one-life" game and on so big area, killcam wouldn't become painful for "killer". Anyway I didn't write anything about killcams so I don't understand what you talking about mandman. :)

Also, if you think that information "who killed you" is bad, write why, please.

You asked for a kill target to the person that killed you...

In cod when you kill someone heck all of them they tell the person that killed you though most people on that game don't bother looking at that?

That's just what I think he was trying to say with that answer >: )

1. You are forced to Kill people. Basically there is no way to not kill people if you don't wanna risk to be shot in the face.

Proposal: Give us something' date=' that tell us if player is trustworthy or not. Like humanity bar over player head, or in the playerlist.

2. [Veteran'] If you kill player you don't know whos your victim. If you get killed you don't know who killed you. In my opinion, in game where you have only one life, thats some kind of basic information..

Proposal: Give us this info.

3. [Veteran] No way to check players nicks. Makes teaming up so hard.

Proposal: Let us check players nicks on veteran, somehow.

4. Flies when no body around.

Proposal: Make filies dissapear together with body.

5. No penalty for being Bandit.

Proposal: I was thinking about something like that: If you have high humanity (dunno why they removed humanity anyway) you should get chance to respawn with some of your old gear, if you are bandit and die, then you start with basic gear.

6. Hard to teamup, due to random spawn/distance.

Proposal: Let us choose spawn point (more or less) or make boats common vehicle so players can travel around coastal fast. This will also reduce players amount in main cities.

7. Lack of info. how you died.

Proposal: Give us some info. how we died (zombie, type of weapon +player nick or starvation etc.), and shot direction. Would be nice to know what we did wrong and it will prevent questions "What did just happen?".

8. Lack of chat channels.

Proposal: Give us global channel for survivors, global channel for bandits, private channel.

I don't write about bugs like zombies hitting through walls and other bugs, becasue thats obvious.

What do you think? Those changes do not make game easier, but a bit more comfortable.

1 This is what is good about the mod, you dont know who to trust.

2 Actually it stands "XXX died/ was killed" in the chatlog, all you need to do is look at it.

3 I dont like the fact that on regular you can pinpoint players with their names, but I agree with one thing here, I saw a survivor and wanted to tell something but there is NO way you can see his name, if you are in a forest without any landmarks you cant effectivly communicate. And no one have noticed or answered when I wrote something in the local chat, if anything change color from white atleast.

4 I havent really seen any flies without bodies.

5 Sadly this almost forces players to play in one way and that is the opposite of what this mod is about.

6 I actually like it being random IMO

7 uhm, I think its easy to see why I died. If a zombie killed me there would be zombies attacking me etc. Also why do you want to see what weapons you were killed with, its not like it matters or anything?

8 well now we dont have bandits.