amaterarerasu

Other maps/Biomes

I was considering in what ways could other maps be interesting for the full Dayz game, other than to give you a different backdrop to explore. I think other maps should also foster other necessities. I understand Dayz is, over all, a survival game, and potentially a pretty realistic one. (at least much more realistic than every other game IVE played. dont start about how zombies aren't realistic, thats beside the point)

Id like to see different maps also simulating different climates and biomes. This would make for different challenges for survival and make it necessary to devise different strategies.

For example: a desert, middle east type map.

the competition for water could be one of the main issues, to get to other cities you'd need to traverse large deserts with very little cover, and would need to stock up on water. Factors like arid/dry climate could justify, for example, that the thirst meter depletes significantly faster when trekking under the sun in this map. And also justify clothing which will protect you from the sun, etc...

Maybe AK type weapons would be possible to find in residential areas, adding to the danger from other players when moving from city to city (It would be cool if there were very old, clunky, not-so reliable or accurate AK's and then only later find a really good one). blood transfusions as the only efficient way to get the blood back up since there is almost no game to hunt in the wilderness.

On that note, I also think that a simulation of better animal behaviour, making it necessary to stalk and efficiently kill your prey could make it into a very fascinating game-inside the game(need to go for headshots/heartshots with appropiate caliber so you dont need to chase your prey for miles untill it dies from its hemorrhage, etc). its cool that cows are an easy kill, but boars should be elusive and even pretty dangerous.

Edited by amaterarerasu
  • Like 3

I like your idea... And season change could be nice too. This will add a real use to the body temperature.

Hello there.

+ a useable map already exists in game. Takistan. +variants

rgds

LoK

More survival considerations is better in my mind. It's a little goofy that a heat pack takes up the same amount of space as a ghillie suit in your backpack, so maybe some kind of inventory revamp would be called for, but if stuff like heat packs and painkillers etc. were stacked with multiple uses, then it would become feasible to have a wider array of environmental hazards.

I'd say go nuts with it, let us wear rain gear or sweaters, have people trying to stick in the shade on hot days or huddled around fires on freezing nights, make us dry out our clothes after a swim in cold climates or risk hypothermia. I remember playing the arctic maps in Clonk Planet, and having to kill a seal and make an anorak and treat it with blubber before I could go outside for more than a few minutes at a time. Crap like that would rule in DayZ.

• Like 1

Where is the Takistan map? I have heard of Lingor island but not this one

Hello there.

+ a useable map already exists in game. Takistan. +variants

rgds

LoK

Where is the Takistan map? I have heard of Lingor island but not this one

Takistan is part of Combined Operations. Not (yet?) implemented in DayZ.

Edited by MasterBlaster

hopefully every Map could be included :rolleyes: but hopefully the full game has more than 1 map.

forget that i want a white out, blizzard from hell arctic zone map.. all snow all the time..

imagine trying to survive the Zombie outbreak along with snow/ice and frezing temps..

holy crap that would be intense.. having to find shelter all the time going from place to place looking for stuf to survive on, and having to make fires to heat up (fires attract Zombels and players of course)..

yup that would make a great map..

Edited by Siberian

this is a great idea, different map dynamics, other than just getting the best loot sounds amazing. So far, as soon as you get endgame loot, survival becomes quite easy, the environment is not as dangerous as it should be. Hostile fauna, hostile climate, few survival-apt spots, the works.

forget that i want a white out, blizzard from hell arctic zone map.. all snow all the time..

imagine trying to survive the Zombie outbreak along with snow/ice and frezing temps..

I wonder how zombies would react to cold temperature... Will they freeze lol

I hope the stand alone game has several maps also, even if you have to buy them as expansions.

Would add to the variety greatly.

I wonder how zombies would react to cold temperature... Will they freeze lol

Absolutely. No zombies in the arctic, unless they're inside facilities. Out of doors the danger is the environment, which is too busy being cold to care whether you live or die.

I hope the dayz standalone map will be in a russian/ukrain environment. Then it would retain its authenticity, and also still keep a use of heat packs and fires at night to keep warm.

I think whats amazing of the chernarus map is how believable it is, the geography, the location of water and forests.

I would strongly suggest the dev team to also make future maps by basing them in real geographical locations, there's an inner logic to the landscape that can only be achieved that way.

I understand cherno is based on a plot of land somewhere in eastern europe, right?

Edited by amaterarerasu

I hope the dayz standalone map will be in a russian/ukrain environment. Then it would retain its authenticity, and also still keep a use of heat packs and fires at night to keep warm.

I agree, but I imagine a mid-USA map and I think it would be amazing also… something a bit depressing maybe?

Zombie Apocalyptic turism is a lot of fun. When playing Dayz I sometimes feel like I am camping in the countryside, seeing the sights, hunting, etc. Fishing! that would be pretty cool an option in some maps…

I think it would be cool if there were really many ways to survibe, all of them hard to pull off...

What about a world size map?! With all the major cities of the world. This would be an amazing road trip lol. "Hey guys let's see the eiffel tower!" grab a car, make sure you have enough gaz, ammo and off you go! You will have to stop at gaz station where it would have zombies... some bridges will be unusable, so you will need to find a way around... And i'm sure it will bring nice road trip stories from other players. I guess it would bring surviving to another level.

But I guess thats too much asking for a game lol