Tyler_Sharp

Day Z bugs are going to lead me to quiting Day Z!

According to wikipedia:

'Alpha software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss. The exception to this is when the alpha is available publicly (such as a pre-order bonus), in which developers normally push for stability so that their testers can test properly.'

In conclusion, you're a fanboy idiot.

Does this alpha typically crash and cause data loss? There are glitches but I never heard of anyone losing their hard drive because they played DayZ.

No, this game is not feature complete. We all know rocket wants to have end game material such as base building.

Edited by Benjamin

LOLZ!!!!

Data loss.. You have never lost your gear to a bug?

edit: most HDs are screwed in to a stationary computer. Sort of hard to 'lose' it. But I would not put it past some of the people here.

Does this alpha typically crash and cause data loss? There are glitches but I never heard of anyone losing their hard drive because they played DayZ.

Edited by ChiefMasterKush

Jesus, I've never seen more people happy to be willingly bent over and fucked in the ass. People on here defend rocket with the rabidity usually reserved for American politics. Its totally a fair criticism to say that it seems like he's disinterested... after missing his last patch deadline by nearly two weeks, and the results of that patch making things worse rather than better, why blindly defend him?

Take a look at the reality of what is going on in this game, instead of whats being forced down your throat. NOTHING of substance has been added in months, people scream 'ITS ALPHA' and then chide people for not knowing what it means. When the definition is looked up, and then compared with the reality of what is happening in development, you defend him by saying he's not a real developer?

You know what kept people coming back to CS, even in those early days? Stable releases, developer communication, and constant improvements to a fundamentally sound game concept. Dayz has the concept, but there is next to nil developer communication, and progress is seemingly going backwards. Whats worse, he's surrounded by rabid fanboys who scream 'its alpha!!!' to every valid complaint or expression of frustration, this is doing as much to put people off as anything else. The few emphatic voices that say 'I know, we're all dealing with the bugs, but hang in there' here are drowned out by the window licking retards chiding him for daring to question their idol.

Also, if you could get rockets cock out of your mouth for long enough to form a critical thought, you'd notice that I never once said I wasn't playing anymore, or even upset with the problems. Its in development, and rocket has other priorities and is willing to let the mod suffer for them, I get it. Hell I've been there.. What I'm saying is, a lot of people are upset, and some sort of positive development momentum would do a lot to sway that. We haven't seen anything positive since June.

What is currently happening is that a lot of people that aren't technical are trying this game, (which requires them to BUY ArmA2, so in their minds they've paid for it) realizing that its a total turd, and not seeing any movement on the development to make it less of a turd. They are therefore NOT going to put their money down and buy the standalone and this brilliant concept will not see as widespread an audience as it deserves.

• Like 1

Jesus, I've never seen more people happy to be willingly bent over and fucked in the ass. People on here defend rocket with the rabidity usually reserved for American politics. Its totally a fair criticism to say that it seems like he's disinterested... after missing his last patch deadline by nearly two weeks, and the results of that patch making things worse rather than better, why blindly defend him?

Take a look at the reality of what is going on in this game, instead of whats being forced down your throat. NOTHING of substance has been added in months, people scream 'ITS ALPHA' and then chide people for not knowing what it means. When the definition is looked up, and then compared with the reality of what is happening in development, you defend him by saying he's not a real developer?

You know what kept people coming back to CS, even in those early days? Stable releases, developer communication, and constant improvements to a fundamentally sound game concept. Dayz has the concept, but there is next to nil developer communication, and progress is seemingly going backwards. Whats worse, he's surrounded by rabid fanboys who scream 'its alpha!!!' to every valid complaint or expression of frustration, this is doing as much to put people off as anything else. The few emphatic voices that say 'I know, we're all dealing with the bugs, but hang in there' here are drowned out by the window licking retards chiding him for daring to question their idol.

Also, if you could get rockets cock out of your mouth for long enough to form a critical thought, you'd notice that I never once said I wasn't playing anymore, or even upset with the problems. Its in development, and rocket has other priorities and is willing to let the mod suffer for them, I get it. Hell I've been there.. What I'm saying is, a lot of people are upset, and some sort of positive development momentum would do a lot to sway that. We haven't seen anything positive since June.

What is currently happening is that a lot of people that aren't technical are trying this game, (which requires them to BUY ArmA2, so in their minds they've paid for it) realizing that its a total turd, and not seeing any movement on the development to make it less of a turd. They are therefore NOT going to put their money down and buy the standalone and this brilliant concept will not see as widespread an audience as it deserves.

lol, your so cute.

According to wikipedia:

'Alpha software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss. The exception to this is when the alpha is available publicly (such as a pre-order bonus), in which developers normally push for stability so that their testers can test properly.'

In conclusion, you're a fanboy idiot.

From the same article:

'The alpha phase usually ends with a feature freeze, indicating that no more features will be added to the software. At this time, the software is said to be feature complete.'

So, what are the new planned features preventing the alpha from ending? This game IS feature complete, hence, should be in beta.

According to Wikipedia the world is still flat and George Michael isn't gay.

I didnt read your post but ill say one thing.

We dont give one shit and your tears are delicious.

Day Z is amazing and i love it with all my heart. I know its only in alpha but im quiting not because of in game bugs like hackers or dying, im quiting because i cant join any servers and when i do im always on the beach.

Im not a new player. I have snipers and all of the shit needed to stay alive but since last week Ive been stuck on the loading screen for 30 minutes everytime i try and join a server. AND when i get in to the server i still have all my stuff i logged off with but in on the beach again! WHY?!?

Ive been told to wait untill its in beta or finished but what i want to know is why should i have to?

I expect lots of people have to same problem and ive posted this on the bugs forum many times but I NEVER GET ANY HELP! Sometimes i wonder if there is even any developers that look thought the forum because ive never seen a single one?!?!

I hope you enjoyed my rant about Day Z :D

At least when it spawns you on the beach you still have all your shit.

Though I can't complain, they left me with an empty alice pack.

OK Let's see your mod since you obviously know what you're doing.

I didnt read your post but ill say one thing.

We dont give one shit and your tears are delicious.

Well if you took the time to read my post you would know that i dont care about your opintion :P

The bugs I can live with.

The lame players that kill on sight I can live with.

Glitching zombies I can live with.

Horrible graphical artefacts I can live with.

Script kiddies ruining the server for lols I cannot, if I was to quit playing like almost all of my friends have done it would be because of this.

Edited by Longs